Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cheryl Made Me Do It...

It's really not my fault, you know. Cheryl wrote this fun, quirky, questions of the day meme, so I had to play along. Join me if you wish. But remember...I didn't make you do it.

Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall? I am fickle. Right now, fall is my absolute favorite. Probably because of a few things: the "fresh start" of a new school year, the anticipation of crisp days and pretty trees, and the focus on preparations crafty and otherwise for Thanksgiving and Christmas. When we get to all seasons except winter, you'll find that they're favorites, too, but really, fall is first, and summer is second. Winter's only saving grace is my birthday, in early March.

Who is your favorite Disney princess? Cinderella. Could it be because during the day, I often f.e.e.l. like Cinderella before the big night? Nah. It's because that's one of my favorite Disney movies. My other being Lady and the Tramp, of course. And I do have a prince. As with Bev, I married above myself, indeed. Also, let's face it--the fairy godmother thing rocks!

What's the last book you read? Spirit of Christmas (Leisure Arts). I tell you, I am in the crafting mood.

What book are you reading right now? I've started Maytrees by Annie Dillard (the first of hers I've read). Also, picking my way through other craft books. In 2Chronicles of my Bible.

Name one "presidential" memory (an election you remember as a child, voting for the first time, etc.) I remember being in 6th grade and hearing over the intercom at my school that President Reagan and others had been shot. I also remember the Hostage release.

What are 3 things that scare you/freak you out?

1. Trucks passing me on the highway.
2. Tornados
3. The thought of the diseases my husband could be bringing home from Asia.

If you were running for office, what would your campaign slogan be? My name is Gretchen, and I don't know everything, but I promise to surround myself with smart folks! And if I'm elected president, I promise to wear make up to all my public functions. And take a shower, too!

Who's your favorite football team(s)? The Buffs, The Broncos, and The 'Hawks.

How are they doing this season? To borrow a term from my husband and son: they all suck. The Buffs recently won, but they needed to. The 'Hawks are in terrible shape.

Do you have anything particular that you're looking forward to this Fall? Yep!

1. Dressing up for and helping out with Halloween and Harvest functions at my daughter's school and at church
2. The daily quiet time with my pumpkin spice candle.
3. Thanksgiving. It's hard. I really love making Thanksgiving dinner, so I'm not thrilled when someone else is at the helm, but I love the time with family and friends and the day-long binge-a-thon. Plus, when I'm not cooking, I probably need to do something...Like knit. Or play games. :) Faves: mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, and the devilled eggs.
4. My dtr's play about women's suffrage.
5. Doing all the inside activities that you feel guilty doing when the sun is shining.

Are you craving anything right now? Only this:


Badly!

What's the last thing that really made you laugh out loud? Probably joking around with my kids. We all like to make up new words, so that's usually worth a giggle. I haven't have a big gut-buster for a while though.
Thank you, Cheryl. That was fun. ;)

7 comments:

Denise said...

This really made me smile sweetie.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I just copied this and posted it on my blog. THanks for the bloggy inspiration!

His Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
His Girl said...

If you were running for office, what would your campaign slogan be? My name is Gretchen, and I don't know everything, but I promise to surround myself with smart folks! And if I'm elected president, I promise to wear make up to all my public functions. And take a shower, too!

you got my vote

Jenn said...

Fun MEME - I think I will play along later today. :o)

Cheryl Wray said...

WONDERFUL answers!!! Your slogan was great!!!! And when I first read "tornadoes" on things that freak you out, I thought it said "tomatoes." Well...if i can be scared of mayo, I guess people can be scared of tomatoes. But was kinda funny when I realized I'd read it wrong.

Glad you joined in!!

(oh yeah...give some popcorn.Lots of butter please!)

Diane Meyer said...

I read this yesterday, saw your picture of popcorn, realized I hadn't had any in, like, forever, made some and ate it.
Have a pretty bad stomach ache this morning.
Isn't it scary how much power you wield?