10. Well, I know I'm the very last person on board, but I lurve these little free bloggy backgrounds. Even I could cut and paste that. Not bad!
9. Glad that we're back home and our weekend was filled with crispy cool fallness. Beautifully sunny days with brrrsy temps in the mornings. Big even had frozen dew on his car this morning.
8. Glad for a kick-butt church service, discussing Luke 5:27-32. Our pastor goes r.e.a.l.l.y. slowly because he really wants us to understand the 1st Century history--e.g. what being a tax collector really meant in that society--and the Greek undertones of the text. He also ended with us thinking about how we might judge "sinners" in our lives. Get it? We're all sinners. There is no salvation by segregation (his words, not mine--I assure you. LOL).
7. Glad for the very superficial fact that my nails are all about the same length. Yes, short! But all the same shortness. I even have a sassy daaaaark plum on them.
6. Glad that God is prompting me towards some more self respect. I have really been feeling the nudge to shower and make up and dress nicely (even if my nicely is somebody else's ick) as I start my day. I've been a bit more intentional about my quiet times, too. Now, I know (because I read this great post) that I don't h.a.v.e. t.o. do those quiet times. But I do think there's nothing like starting your day with them if possible. Sometimes as I read thru my Bible, I tell God I just don't get what he's saying, and I apologize for being distracted or (ahem) bored at times. But it's funny. The second I repent and ask for help, I see something incredible in the text. Right now I'm nearly finished with 1Chronicles. As I've mentioned before, I've never read the Good Book from one end to the other, so this is an exhilarating challenge. I don't get very far in each setting--I started this in July--but it's so very cool. I guess I really hit a rabbit hole on this #6. Oh, well.
5. Glad for the beginning of a feeling of settling into a new routine. For the past two months, we've been in process and upheaval. While
4. Having new visitors to this blog has made me glad. I have to admit, I'm like a kid waiting at the door for a visitor on her birthday, so when I see new folks and my more regular blog friends, it makes my heart sing.
3. Glad that Big and I are going to challenge each other for fitness. Tomorrow, we're picking weightloss goals for the next 2 months. We can both win. If we achieve our goal, we get a massage. If one person does it, s/he gets the massage, but we thought we'd both be incented to encourage each other if we weren't directly competing. Plus, if you know anything about how men lose weight...sigh...it's just one of the many things which is unfairly biased and slanted in this world! :)
2. Glad that Big and I have voted! Woohoo! We only cancelled each other out on a few things, but voted for the same president and governor. I'm thrilled to have the rhetoric and meanness behind me. I don't have to listen to one more political ad or commentary. Done! Glad for the right to vote my conscience and my heart in a free country.
1. Had breakfast with one of my dearest friends on the planet on Saturday. We met at 7
Hope you have a t-double-e-double-r-double-i-double-f-double-i-double-c-c-c week.
Soli Deo Gloria!
Gretchen
14 comments:
How great is it that you and your hubby will be doing this weight loss thing together! I think it's always a little easier when you are both on board.
I am always waiting at my door for new visitors, too, so I know the feeling. Fun, huh?
And nice new background - perfect!
I love the new look sweetie, and I love you.
HAHAHA!! I loved that quote from "Charlotte's Web"!
Miss you, girlie! Think of you often!
"Bean of life- coffee"... that is funny:-)
These gladitudes are really becoming a highlight of my reading time... what a great way to start off the morning!
blessings to you today!
LOVELY! What a great list. :O)
Girl, I am so impressed with you. I have NO idea how to copy and paste and change my blog page...so it just remains the same and I try adding pictures to change it, or the color of the font, etc..
: )
You are precious in your heart. He draws us to Himself in each day. It blesses my heart to see you drawn to be with Him. The whole beauty of it is that it's not a requirement, it's just His delight to invite us to be with Him. I love that i can see that now. For too many years I was fulfilling a requirement.
You are a treasure to my heart.
Hugs,
Julie
I liked this whole post; funny, encouraging and thankful.
The bean of life...snort.
It is cool that you and the hubster are encouraging each other in a friendly little competition.
My husband jogs with me every day which is awesome, too.
Set challanging but realistic goals, okay?
Thanks for stopping by and commenting! And I will be glad to get my votes in this week, as well! Have a great week!
I love so much about this post!
I don't know how to get the free bloggy backgrounds. Care to enlighten me? lol
The church service sounds great, and I think it's awesome that you're reading the Bible through. I went through an intensive Bible study one time that covered all the books of the Bible, but I've never read every word (started a few times, but then...:-)
That's great about your weight loss goals with your husband. Men are SO frustrating when it comes to losing weight; Gary can lose 25 pounds at the drop of a hat. Yuck!
Yay for voting. I'm getting excited to do it! I could care less who people vote for...just DO IT!!
And ,lastly, I'm all about fatty goodness! LOL
Have a super day!
Loved your list.
I love the fatty goodness, too, lol.
That's a great idea not to compete against each other...but to strive for FAB together. I'm all about that. Here's hoping YOU win that massage, lol.
Your new fall background is so cute.
Have I told you before that I really love your Gladitude Mondays! If not - LOVE THEM!
So happy to hear you are getting your groove back!
Love the new fall look for your blog! Aren't those backgrounds the greatest? I was sort of tempted to do a different seasonal background for each month of fall, but October's gotten away from me so I guess that won't be happening. They are so many cute ones though!
Here you are with hope and gladitude. Again.
Post a Comment