Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dead Mothers Don't Give Sympathy

Hi,



First, I want to thank Denise for several awards she has blessed me with here. Her encouragement and prayers and gentle words on in each post are a gift to me each time I read them.



Secondly...



I'm sick. And...my mom's been dead almost 10 years. She's in heaven, smoking w/o guilt, if smoking is allowed, and crafting and reading up a storm. Thank God. And most days...I'm okay with that. Really. Except when a) I stub a toe, or b) when I'm sick. Those are 2 circumstances when I need my mom. Because I feel like Snoopy, throwing his head back and saying, "waaaah". In the way that only Snoopy can do.



Okay...I'm gonna take my pitiful self back to bed and ache there.

14 comments:

the voice of melody said...

You poor thing, I feel like giving you a hug through the computer!!

I'm sorry you're sick and I'm sorry that you no longer have your mom to spend time with and in times like these, to bring you comfort. There's no better thing as the love and care that a mother gives her children, regardless of how old they get!

Hoping you feel better soon and wishing you many sweet blessings!

Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I truly hope you feel better very soon.

You are such a great encouragement to others. I wish I could be there to encourage you.

Your suggestion yesterday to do something for myself worked. I colored my hair and gave myself a pedicure and it made me feel much better.

I pray that someone will do something to make you feel better today.

God bless you, my sweet friend!

Suzanne :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm so sorry you're sick, Gretchen. If you still lived in Colorado, I'd come take care of you! I usually want my mom when I'm sick too. :( Feel better.

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

get better soon
HUGS

Jen

Julie said...

Oh friend, I am so sorry that you are sick.

Praying for the God of all comfort to comfort you as you feel the loss of your mom.

Praying for your health to be restored.

Hugs,
Julie

Jackie said...

Oh, sweet Gretchen. I am so sorry you are feeling sick. I always want my mom when I'm sick too...I guess that is something we never "outgrow". Sending you a virtual pot of chicken soup and fresh bread and pumpkin cookies. Hugs!

Denise said...

Bless your precious heart sweet one. I understand how you feel, my momma has been gone almost three years now. When I am sick, I miss her extra badly. I wish I were there to take care of you. I love you. Praying for you to feel much better very soon.

Jenster said...

Oh Honey. I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better both physically and in your soul. :o)

Andrea Frazer said...

I am sorry you are ill. That is so discouraging. Chin up, vomit out. You'll be better soon.

Diane Meyer said...

I'm so sorry you are sick. I wish I could bring you soup and Vicks and tea and a heated blanket. And I'm sorry most of all that you miss your Mom. :-(

Unknown said...

Grief, taxes, and car problems are things that never seem to take a holiday. I'm feelin' ya today, girlie. It's days like today, my birthday, that I always pray for God to allow something supernatural, to allow T. to drop me a little clue that he's watching and sends me love. I know that I don't have to have that little sign, but when that puncture wound in my heart festers occasionally, it sure would be nice. Times like that I just have to bury my face in my Father's shoulder and just be there a while.

Praying that you will fall back into the comfort the Father offers to indulge your sorrows long enough to get them out so you can get back on track. :) Love ya!

Shanda said...

Hey Gretchen! I have been reading your comments over at "The Dirty Shame" for awhile and thought I would check your blog out!

I saw this one and related right away...my mom has been "Resting in the Arms of Jesus" for almost 16 yrs now and she would have just have had a birthday ("Sweet Moments" post on my blog) so I have been thinking about her more.

While I am sad that we share that part of life, I am thrilled that we also share our love for the Lord.

Hope you are feeling all better by now!! HUGS!

Sing4joy said...

Being sick - stinky. No Mommy to bring you soup - stinkier. Envisioning a smoking section in heaven - priceless!

Susie Q said...

Oh sweetie...I am so sorry I was late when you have felt so awful.
I hope you are much better now and yes. It is times like that we need our Moms. I doubt that ever changes no matter how old we are.
Wish I was closer so I could hop over and *act* as a Mom to you. Wouldn't we have fun together?
Well, when you felt better that is! : )

I send you hugs and much love. You are a blessing to me and so many others.

And I LOVE your gladitude Mondays. You are such a special lady Gretchen. Bless you.

Your Mom and my Dad can share ash trays together in Heaven...: )

Love,
Sue