Okay, so this post is probably one of those which is quite indulgent (thank you, Simon) and interesting only to me, but I don't care.
And then, despite the fact that you don't actually like to dance, we've been dancing and laughing, and arguing and loving and hanging out together ever since.
Sadie Hawkins (Nov. 1984)
Found out I'm allergic to hay.
Your Senior Prom (May 1985)
On Sept 13th, 1984, you asked me to this dance:
And then, despite the fact that you don't actually like to dance, we've been dancing and laughing, and arguing and loving and hanging out together ever since.
Sadie Hawkins (Nov. 1984)Found out I'm allergic to hay.
Your Senior Prom (May 1985)Probably right after your graduation.
1985
My Senior Prom (1987)
1985
My Senior Prom (1987)Picnic with your folks, circa 1987/88
No matter.
Even then, I couldn't keep from crying. For I am a sap.
But really, I was happy.
I wonder (ahem) if we could do that now?
So there's a little more of us to love.
No matter.For as long as live, I'll be honored to be known as:
dougandgretchen
Happy 19 years, Sweetie.
To quote a friend,
"Only God knows how much I love you."
Next year, I want a big diamond. j/k.
really.
sort of, anyway.





20 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS :)
Jen http://romans1513.wordpress.com/
I snort laughed at the hay allergy. Oh, priceless pictures, friend. A VERY HAPPY Anniversary and I hope you get the honkin' diamond.
For I am shallow and encouraging that way.
Indulgent or not, I certainly enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing your pictures, Gretchen.
My favorite part was when you said you'll be honored to be known as dougandgretchen. I love it when a couple becomes a run-on word like that. So sweet.
Happy Anniversary, sweet friend.
Such a great post, Happy Anniversary sweetie. I love you my friend.
Happy Anniversary dougandgretchen!!!!
Loved the photos and your comment about wanting the big diamond next year! ;)
Happy anniversay! Your honey is a cutie!
Loved all the pictures.
Happy Anniversary!!!
The pics are PRICELESS, I love seeing my friends back in the day!
Your wedding sleeve was bigger than your whole head!! ;) Sadly, mine was too and I was married 8 years later!!
What a beautiful couple, beautiful words...hope your day is fabo!
The last comment made me laugh out loud--I think I could borrow this and tell Pace. Because isn't there a secret rule that your 12th anniversary needs to involve big diamonds? Or something like that.
Happy anniversary--I love seeing couples that've been together since high school, still together and happy!
Awwww..LOVED this post!! You guys look totally adorable. Hope you have a wonderfully blessed anniversary!!!
I heard through the "blog-vine" that we share a wedding anniversary. So, I wanted to come over and wish you a very happy day...and many more happy yrs to come!!
Love the pictures :)
I loved this post! You're certainly entitled to celebrate this occasion on your blog. I wish you and your husband many more magnificent years together.
Happy anniversary.
Congratulations! Happy 19th! What a beautiful pictures. LOVED the black prom dress. Am I mistaken or does your daughter look JUST LIKE YOU???
happy anniversary.
but, WOW, the outfits!! hilarious.
Happy Anniversary!!!!
Loved lookin' at the pictures!!! So cute!!!
Happy Anniverary...
I loved the photos... Girl, I pray for your marriage that you will be rich indeed through the years of growing old together. HUGS.
oh, we were married the year after you, so my husband and I just enjoyed the heck out of the pictures. We may or may not have some similar ones.
So adorable, dougandgretchen... may God bless all the days of your union and grant you all the desires of your heart ;)
Happy Anniversary! I loved this picture skip down memory lane!
(Drama girl looks JUST LIKE YOU!)
Hope you get that diamond next year, girl. Remind me to tell you about the work Diamond sometime. Sometime in August.
Cute, cute, cute. Thanks for sharing your love(ly) story. I think we can all relate to that "a little more to love" thing :)
Happy Anniversary, Gretchen. I loved seeing all these photos from the past right up to now. The dress you wore to his prom took my breath away (gorgeous) and the look in his eyes in your wedding photo made me laugh out loud.
Wonderful post, wonderful pictures. You two are getting better with every passing year. :-)
Awww, such great couple pics! Y'all are an adorable couple, and Mer was right...your daughter looks just like her mama!
Congratulations DougandGretchen on 19 years...may you have many, many more (and that you get lots of diamonds, lol).
Post a Comment