Monday, June 15, 2009

Gladitude


I kinda hate to say g'bye to my spring Gladitude button, since this is the last time I'll be seeing her for a while. Next Monday will officially be summer, I believe, so it'll be time to rev up the red, white, and blue. Thank you again, Amber, for your amazing graffic skillz.

10. Glad we went here for Drama's b'day. Yes, I mentioned this last week. Checking back in to say that it was very fun. Very highly recommend for those 9-12, and highly recommend for any other family with small children to teen. I'd say kids who are 14/15 would like it, but not love it, even though there is a teen "hang out". Fairly spendy, but the water fun is included in the price of the rooms.

9. Glad that Big's car broke down while we were both in town to have it fixed. Further glad that it seems a smaller problem (a.k.a. price tag) than what we had anticipated. Don'tcha just lurve those paid off cars as they age? It's nice to have them paid off, but then they start falling apart just to prove that nothing is truly easy about owning a vehicle.

8. Sad and glad that I'm not meeting Amber today for lunch in WA. Sad because she has an owwie, which makes it hard for her to drive and feel well, and glad because I feel like God was protecting us. Nothing on my end made it easy to get to our meeting spot today. One struggle after another. Truly, God was shutting doors. I do hope we'll se each other before she leaves, but as always, God is good, no matter what. Praying that the rest of her vaca leaves her feeling better!

7. Glad I'm plugging away on my 5K training. Not exactly fun, but it soooo helps that I have a running buddy. And I am increasing endurance just a little bit; I can tell.

6. Glad for meeting up with old friends yesterday at a BBQ in Seattle. Both are college friends. One, we haven't seen for about 18 months, and the other, about 19 years--since graduation. So it was fun to see how we've all aged changed and to count up and brag on each other's kids.

5. Glad I got to be on worship team yesterday at church. Made for a full day b/c of our BBQ plans, but it's my favorite thing ever, so, that makes me gladdy mcglad.

4. Though Big's next trip is looming within the next week, I'm so very glad that we've had him home for over a month. Woot Woot! He's just the best.

3. Glad that David's summer officially begins on Friday--the same day we officially have an 11 year old. Guess I'll be making chocolate chip pancakes that morning. Somebody's got to do it. :)

2. Glad we were able to gift our play structure to a family who will really love it. Kinda sad to close that chapter, so I'm doubly glad that these kiddos will enjoy it for many years to come. I think we're moving forward with the hammock/trampoline phase of life. I'll keep you posted. I know that comes as a relief.

1. Glad for the amazing testimony (this past Sunday) of my friend's daughter re: her missionary work. She's doing antenatal care and midwifery for the women of the nations who are poor and generally not well treated in their lives. The way God is using her and her team is truly unbelievable and inspired.

Glad that the husband is employed, but that means he's shooing me off the 'puter. How dare he! The nerve! ;)




Photobucket

10 comments:

Tiffani said...

I am sad/glad about you and Amb as well but like you said..God's all over it. :)

That place looks like TOO MUCH FUN! My kids would LOVE that (hubs too)

So proud of your training..keep up the good work, Gretch!

Carpool Queen said...

I think you rock for sticking to the running thing. And yay for endurance, which only comes from actually running instead of talking about it.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Your list made me glad today too, but I'm so sorry you and Amber didn't get to meet up.

Yay for you and the 5K training. That's awesome!

And super sorry about the car. Both of our vehicles are paid for...and while that's nice, it's no fun when they need repair. Glad it wasn't too painful for you!

Mich said...

I got a surprise in the mail yesterday!!! (I'm guessing a little bird that looks like my sister gave you my address while I was gone.) Thanks so much! I'm excited, for I never win anything.

As always I liked your list. Sorry you and Amb couldn't meet. You would have had a blast. Hopefully you still can before she leaves the area.

Amber said...

Hey you.
I'm with you. Sad and glad. Our God is pretty great stuff, and I'm glad that He closes doors....even when it makes me all kinds of sad and mopey.

I heart you, girl. And we'll meet. One day. We will. Guaranteed.

As always...glady glad for you, Jewels.

Denise said...

Blessings upon your beautiful heart my friend, love you.

Shanda said...

Your lists are always awesome! So glad your hubby has been home for a month and that you are building endurance for your 5K!!! I over did it a bit yest. and can barely move today...but I'm gladdy McGlad that I can work out at all!!

Also Gladdy McGlad my blog is all repaired...not sure if you saw it yest...

Have an awesome week!!

Unknown said...

Goodness that great wolf has been busy...they just opened a new one here!

So sorry for the exploding ears on disobedient cars...not fun, but i think you are right...God knows the timing of everything...

So happy for your 5K trianing! You are going to be awesome!

Deb said...

I agree. Having a running buddy makes all the difference.

I'll be in NC for another week...have had to run alone...no fun...no real accountability. I so miss my running buddies.

I love being here with my darling husband, but I think I'm ready to get back home.

Keep up the good work in training for your 5K. You're gonna love it.

Julie said...

Hey sweet friend. How's your summer? Hope it's going well. I've missed seeing you... seems like life has taken over and I feel like summer is racing by.

Thanks for your sweet visit to my blog and your words... as always, you blessed me!

xoxoxo