Monday, June 1, 2009

Gladitude Monday

I'm feeling all gladdy, but not top 10 gladdy today...so I'll just share what's on my mind. I'm sure you don't mind. But if you're the rigid type, I'll go back to normal next week. I think. Unless I get distracted.





Glad for drama opportunities. Our little Drama Girl has gone from this:


A very important first grade flower in Alice and Wonderland

To this:


A very important rocker in her school's talent show. I wasn't necessarily thrilled that they did an Ozzy song, but it was neat to see the class work together and that even her teacher joined in the reindeer games. A cameo of "Ozzy" , herself.


And, from the mildly disturbing to:
The Secret of My Success, a play she had the female lead in this past weekend. Our church runs a production department for kids in grades 1-6. They learn everything from acting to singing and dancing to stage crew and costuming. I'm proud of DG, but also so grateful for a godly, safe place which promotes utilizing time and treasure in this way. Glad also that the snotty girl she played is 99.9999% against type. ;)


C'mon...no 10 ager is completely sweet.



On another note...Glad that my dad came for a short visit last week. He and David both lurve WWII history (well, it's ONE of David's faves), and so we found a collection of planes owned by Paul Allen--hello Microsoft co-founder--right near our home.
Here they are in front of a Spitfire. I'm told this is the best plane ever.
I'll just nod my bobblehead and move on. You could cut the geek factor with a knife with these two. And I'm so glad of that. Finally, David had someone who speaks his love-language. And my dad had someone who cares about what he has to share. Seeing them share this time restores a lot of what was missing in my inner child's heart. God is good.

In other gladness...I'm glad that my 19th anniversary is tomorrow. The time has flown. Hard to believe that the same guy who turned me down in dancing to Open Arms in 7th grade (because he was a 9th grader, and you know, had his pride) is now my partner for life. I feel a retrospective coming on...
Glad that I didn't have much time to blog or comment last week. My dad's visit and my kids' activities left little alone time for me. And that's fine. As with many of my friends in the blogosphere, it's been a contemplative time for me re: balance and blogginess. I don't have any answers, but I'm glad for the time to think.
Glad for the accountability of doing a Bible study this spring/summer. I have not been a good student of the Word this week. Been praying a lot, but need to sit down and hear His thoughts.
Glad for reading the besty mcbest of books. Seriously. Top 10 worthy for me. I'll review later.
Glad for answered prayers, and for those for whom I pray.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, big round of applause for Drama Girl. She is really awesome. Congrats on your anniversary tomorrow sweetie, love you.

Amber said...

A big Woot! Woot! for Drama Girl. As a former stage hound, my heart smiles when kids show true passionate interest in the art. It is fun! Good for her!!!

A big Woot! Woot! for a good visit with your dad. Nothing like male-bonding over aircraft.

A big Woot! Woot! for good men and good marriages! Congrats on the anniversary!

And I'll never stop saying it, because, as always, I'm gladilisciously glad for you, Jewels! Heart you to crazy pieces.

Mich said...

Glad you had a great visit with the pops!

Way to go Drama!

Happy anniversary!

I am so glad you are glad!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm so proud of your girl!!!!!

And so glad for God's redemptive way of working thru relationships.

So...on your wedding day 19 years ago, I was a bridesmaid in my roommate's wedding.

CONGRATS on 19 years! We're just four weeks behind you!

Carpool Queen said...

I'm so glad that David has someone to talk planes with him. Oh, that would be BEYOND painful for me.

I don't know why I got three boys, but I'm glad that they're not obsessed *yet* with airplanes and that at least one of them will talk cookbooks with me.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love a Drama Queen in the making. She looks very comfortable on stage.

I wish I had a dollar for every plane I've seen. And I have a feeling I have planes to go before I sleep. Planes and planes and planes. (By the way, the B-52 is the greatest airplane that has ever been, but it's okay if others think they know better.)

Happy Anniversary, friend. I look forward to a retrospective.

As one of those for whom you have prayed, I'm glad that praying is a personal habit of yours. I have greatly benefitted.

His Girl said...

how funny, I was going to leave the same comment as Whimzie's last paragraph... xerox that from me too.

btw,
Hard to believe that the same guy who turned me down in dancing to Open Arms in 7th grade (because he was a 9th grader, and you know, had his pride) is now my partner for life. made me laugh-cry. beautiful.

and now i'm singing that song. thanks.

(also, 3 cheers for the Drama and History experiences for your children!)

Becky said...

Congratulations to Drama girl on all her recent performances (I can see where she got her nickname!). Don't tell her, but she looks REALLY grown up in that suit. ;)

That's fantastic that your dad was able to come out for a visit and that he and your son had good times together. When I see my dad with my boys, it makes up for a lot of the pain of my own childhood and the 'junk' surrounding his and my mom's divorce. Praise God for that beauty from ashes!

Congratulations to you and Big on your 19th anniversary! That's, like, forever in our day and age...and a testimony to hard work and good lovin' and heaps of God's grace and mercy. Hope your celebration is very special.

Tiffani said...

so proud of that DG!!!

Planes...will mine ever get past Legos and Star Wars to discuss such transportation?? I'll take it...really, I will.

I LURVE celebrating our wedding day and I know y'all are gonna have such a special day...