
Thank you Mer for hosting! I had great plans for this 10 on the 10th. But we'll go with reality, instead. I hope this is worth the 30 seconds folks take to read it. Blessings on your week.
Here's my list...I like to call it: 10 Things
1. Had my first mammocram today. Other than being as uneasy as anyone would be in this first time circumstance, I have to say, I did fine, and HIGHLY RECOMMEND the procedure to all y'all for whenever your doctor recommends. I'm mentioning it here b/c one of my precious friends in blogland has been such an advocate for breast cancer awareness, and she's a cansurvivor for the past 4 years, I believe. Can I have a Woot Woot!?? Also, the technologist who did my mammogram told me that while this is a bit uncomfortable, it's short, and lots of other things are uncomfortable, too. Like getting teeth cleaned, having a vajayjay physical, etc. And it's so important. She said women who freak other women out are really doing a disservice to them because they avoid making the appt. Just do it--my PSA for today.
2. My daughter finished 5th grade yesterday, and after
3. I'm starting training for my first 5K. See how optimistic that sounds when I type "first"? A friend turned me on to this program, and so I'm starting slowly, and I have a girlfriend who is willing to train with me, so that's fun. She's a bit more advanced than I am, but doing this together gives her a little more time to train, and us a little more time to gab--when I'm not gasping, that is. Best of all, this 5K I'm doing benefits our local hospital's cancer care unit--with every penny of registration and donation, so that's something I can get behind. Even if it means I have to exercise and sweat.
4. Next week (Friday) is my dtr's 11th b'day. Those of you with summer b'days or children with summer b'days know that it's sometimes hard to schedule the reindeer games whilst children are at home and not away on their vacas. Drama Girl didn't want a party this year (yay!), so we decided to do something fun with one friend. Tomorrow I'm taking Drama Girl and BFF and BFF's mom (who-thank-the-good-Lord-I-enjoy) here for a girl's overnight. We've had gorgeous weather, but that's about to change, so this should be perfect, since all the fun is indoors.
5. In celebration and preparation of tomorrow's fun, I got the car's oil changed and even washed it. I'm a doer that way.
6. Never let it be said that my son doesn't like to read. The other day, he didn't have much homework (surprise, surprise at this time of year), and he read Michael Crichton's The Lost World (Jurassic Park). Upon finishing, he picked up Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's pre-cursor/inspiration to Crichton's work of the same name. And finished that, too. If I get a novel read in a week or 2, I'm doing well.
7. My dog kept me up all night last night, trying to (I think) pass one of the many socks she magically gets a hold of. How she does this, I don't know, but she sneaks them down her gullet with nary a second glance from us. We only find...ahem...evidence, later. Anyway...hearing her gag all night was not the restful sleep I was hoping for.
8. Going in for a bang trim today, or partial hairapy as I like to call it. For now I am committed to bangs. *sigh*
9. Today is busy, but there are definite rewards: 1. a massage, and 2. a long walk and dinner with a friend.
10. I know I'm pretty boring and mundane, but thanks for reading. :) Happy almost weekend.
16 comments:
You are never boring, Jewels. Far from it.
And can I just tell you how stinkin' excited I am about our upcoming meetarama??!?!?!
Drama's par-tay sounds fun! :)
Mammocram? OMG, that's hysterical.
Kudos on your 5K. You can do it.
And have fun with b'day girl!
Boring and mundane? Um, nope. That's not you.
I'm approaching the year for the "mammocram." It will most definitely be on my list of Things to Do when the time is right. Too important not to!
Yay for you in the 5K!! Cue the Chicago music: "You're my inspiration." And stop the music.
Oh, how I love readers in the family. This child will go far in love, I just know it! Readers always do!
Girls' overnight sounds delightful and delovely. Have fun and early happy b'day to sweet Drama G from this Drama Queen.
Can we hang out? Except for the yakky dog, I think we'd have fun.
YAY on the 5K! And the end of school!
Some day I'll have to blog about my wedding day horror story (fit for Oprah)...the crowning pinnacle being that my mom brought home the rest of our wedding cake, intending to freeze the top (as per my request) and while unloading the car, the cats got in and walked ALL OVER the cake. My came back, chased them off and was horrifed to find cat paw prints in the frosting on the untouched sheet cake, too. Nothing was salvagable. She went upstairs with another load of stuff, only to come back and find crumbs. Nothing. Left. And one very guilty looking dog who had snarfed down the entire top layer and most of the leftover, untouched sheetcake.
All night long, that dog puked, right outside my mom's bedroom window (no doubt from sugar/fat overload). So not a pleasant way to try and sleep yourself, lol.
Sadly, I'm an old pro at the Mammocrams...my mom passed away (40 yrs old) from breast cancer; so the Dr.'s have been very pro-active with my sis and me.
Your dog/sock comment made me laugh out loud! If we had a dog I'd swear it must be eating them for how many we lose!
Very cool that you are doing a 5K! My daughter and I had hoped to do one this past fall; but "training" didn't go so well with the 3 kiddos and a constantly traveling husband; so I am going to attempt one by myself this fall instead! We can cheer each other on!
Have a blast with your daughter's over-nighter!!
Sounds awesome my friend. Hugs.
Enjoyed this, you are never boring.
You are most definitely not boring and mundane. I wish I had a daughter who was your daughter's best friend because that lodge looks like so much fun. What a great idea - much better than a party.
I'm sorry about your dog and the sock thing. With our previous dog (Chloe) it was dryer sheets. Gag.
I can't remember everything you said here, but the thing that really stands out is the importance of mammograms. Honestly, there are a lot of things in this world that are more uncomfortable. I think it's the idea of that particular part of the body getting smished that bothers people but it doesn't hurt. And it's way, way important.
Great list of ten!
Did that sound rude? That I can't remember everything you said here? Because trust me when I tell you, it has nothing to do with what you wrote and everything to do with my age. LOL
Let's see. You got the oil changed, your son's reading a lot, you're going to run a 5K because obviousy you're crazy, gettin' the bangs trimmed.....
Yep. Great list of ten!
Okay, I was all fixin' to comment on this post last night, but when I clicked the link for where you guys are headed, I lost my mind and called my family over. That place looks amazing. Please let us know how you like staying there. I think there is a His Girl family vacation in our future....
also, WOOT WOOT for jenster!!!
What?!
Oh, sorry, I can.not be asked to comment on anything since I'm still rolling on the floor after reading the word...
"VAJAYJAY" on your blog!!!!!!!!!!!
Think I'll go laugh my way to bed now...
I agree, I've never been bored by you. You have me rolling in laughter over the serious stuff...mammocram? Too funny!
Did I really win the book? Wow! I never win anything!
Oh, I've missed stopping by here! A 5K? Seriously? You are my hero - I had no idea this was in the works.
And thanks for your PSA. I am a little freaked out of the thought when the time comes for me, but you have put me a little more at ease.
AWESOME list!!!
WOw!! I am impressed with the running thing! You go girl! I will be cheering you on from Cali. That is encouraging and inspiring to me as I seek to get my booty up and moving.
Post a Comment