Happy Monday, Everyone! Honestly, it's been a long, busy week, but as always, there are things which make me glad. 10. Glad that Saturday is over. Generally, I don't wish my time on this planet away, but Saturdays are hard for me when Big is out of town. They seem to drag, and unless I'm really organized and energetic, they aren't as planned and structured as the rest of the week, so the kids and i can tend to get on each others' nerves.
9. Even though I'd like it to be a wee bit warmer, i'm glad for our fair weather. Big is absolutely in the middle of a huge flop-sweat in Shanghai, and I don't envy him that. I can get so crabby when my face is hot and my makeup sliding.
8. Glad for Orbit gum in spearmint flavor. For we are all Violette Beauregard gum chewers in this house. Sensory input anyone? I'm amazed that chewing gum helps me to calm down and/or concentrate. Hello, my name is Gretchen, and I am weird. Also, happy that Orbit was on sale for $.99/pk because I live amongst dreaded gum thieves.
7. Gladdissimusly glad that I started voice lessons last week. This is sort of a 40 in 40/bucket list goal for me, and I prayed about it, talked to Big, and dove in with both feet. My teacher is 1/2 my age, and has just cut this CD, so I'm learning much humility, too. My daughter and I
6. Always super glad when good summer TV comes my way. Enjoyed my first episode of Mad Men and the first few episods of Royal Pains. And, it's probably about as realistic as E.R. and Grey's Anatomy in its genre, but lurve Army Wives, too. Hey, if House isn't on, what's a girl to do?
5. Glad that my downstairs floors will finally, after 8 years, match. Of course this requires every scrap of everything to be moved out of the downstairs by earlymid July, but hey! It'll be worth it. It will. It will. Won't it? ;)
4. Glad that I was able to reminisce about two of my childhood icons, Michael and Farrah. At one point, they were both just incredibly talented folks, and I'm sad for their children. I used to play Charlie's Angels on the playground in 3rd grade, and I was a huge Jacko fan in high school and even into college.
3. Glad to have experienced and finished VBS. I'm not usually one who enjoys helping out in children's ministry--don't kill me, Amber--because I'm just not hugely gifted there. And random, high pitched noise really distracts me. But I really felt urged to step out and help, and I'm glad I did. I remember studying Rick Warren's opus a few years back, and though he espoused helping in our areas of gifting, he also essentially exhorted helping where we're needed. I did 2nd/3rd registration, and floated around to other areas. By the end of the week, I knew most of my kiddos by name.
2. Glad that I'm still training for the 5K, and that it seems to be going well. Still waiting for the fun factor to hit at any time. SOOOO glad that my friend is doing it with me. And it's fun b/c of her, but you know, I could have a coffee and have fun with her. Right now, it's an obligation towards a goal, and perhaps it will always feel that way, but training myself that I can make and achieve measurable goals is helping to rewrite a lot of negative body image baggage. What's not to be glad about there?
1. Looking forward to this holiday weekend--2 night beach sleep-over with special friends at the beach, and though perhaps bleary-eyed, Big will be here to enjoy the festivities. Hoping to get some beach coming, running (? did I say that?), and cherry pie and homemade ice cream making and eating going on.
13 comments:
We are huge gum chewers here as well. I buy the spearmint Trident by the bulk at Costco.
So proud of you on the voice lessons and the 5K!
I played Charlie's Angels in the backyard too!
I envy your weather, because it is certainly HOT down my way!
I always enjoy reading your gratitude list. It makes me smile!
Have a great week!
You inspire me with your crossing off the list/bias toward action. And you also have my empathy on the frustration about the gum stealing. I just need to release that and be glad for their fresh breath.
Love your gladness...always do!
sounds likes to be thankful for AND look forward to are headed your way!!
Lurve you!
I'm totally with you on #4.
I Love Royal Pains too. It's been my favorite new Summer tv find!
We can give you some heat if you'd like. We've been right at 100 for more than a week now!
Yummm on homemade ice creams!
I meant to say homemade ice cream (singular). But I guess ice creamS works too! LOL
I love your listy, girly.
Gum. Good.
You singing. Good.
Pretty weather. Good.
Charlie's Angels. Good.
The Michael. Good.
You, my darling Jewels. Great.
Your gladness cheers me sweetie.
There is a lot of gum rustling going on around here these days, too. It's terrible...I get ONE PIECE out of every pack I carry.
So if you're inspired to stick with consistent kid days, then I'll be inspired to start running again, okay? I've been using the coyotes/wild pigs/bobcats in our area as my excuse not to, but hey, what's a little fear to help me run faster, right?
Ok, so my hubby is gone this week, too, and I am having SUCH a hard time keeping on a schedule. The day just seems to drag - I totally get it.
Voice lessons! Very cool. Are you a soprano?
Sarah's comment cracked me up. I may rethink my plans to visit her if she has that many wild animals around. :-)
Your beach plans sound wonderful. I'm not even the slightest bit jealous. Not the slightest.
Post a Comment