Saturday, June 20, 2009

Guest Poster: Drama Jenny


Hi,


A while back, I told Jenny that she could post a comment on my blog. Since then, it's turned into, "Can I post on your blog?", and I of course...said. "Well....Okay".


So without further ado, I give you: Drama Jenny's Post. Enjoy. And if you like her better than me, please don't tell me, okay?


Most of you know me as Drama Girl and others just as Jenny. Well today I'm going to post about my year of growth, so here it goes: Yesterday, I turned eleven and it really made me think about my school year gone by. My fifth grade year was spent thinking about moving on to 6th grade (which is middle school at my school) and I was excited, but I had to tell myself, one step at a time. Yesterday when I was reflecting on my year, I remember saying to myself "I wish I was in 6th grade," but then I focused on the cool things I've done this year. This year I switched schools and I met new friends and learned how the school worked, that way I was prepared for middle school. I also had the oportunity to play one of the leads in a children's play at my church. That was really cool because I've been acting since first grade, and now it's a hobby. Also this year has been the first year i've been allowed to help out in the little kids' Sunday school. It was really fun, but now I know how my mom feels when I misbehave. Lastly, I tried something new. My friend and I signed up for track and feild, although a few weeks into it I managed to fracture my heel doing long jump. We (mom and I) thought it was just beginner pain until a podiatrist looked at it, silly us. Oh well I still enjoyed myself and cleared the running path for my family (now my mom's doing a 5k run). I also recently began electric guitar lessons, and it's really cool because I love music, and it's so much fun to learn how to play an instrument. A really cool instrument at that. All and all, I've grown at school and at church and my fifth grade year has been really cool. Now I'm finally in 6th grade, even though my mom says it's only official when the report card arrives :) . So now I'm glad that I didn't miss my fifth grade year.

This summer, I'm looking forward to going to an overnight camp that my church offers. I also will enjoy playing out in the sun, and seeing my friends that come up from New Mexico to visit their dad. I also get to go to MT to see some dear friends and after that, Silverwood, ID for waterslides. Lastly, I will also enjoy spending my birthday money, and getting ready for the year I've been anticipating--6th grade.

14 comments:

Mich said...

Drama girl! You are so precious. I loved reading all about you.

I have a daughter who just finished 6th grade. She loves music too and plays the piano and flute. My son is going to be in
5th grade this year and is very excited. He is more into sports.
I think it is great that you found a love for track.

Have a fun summer. sounds like you have some great plans.

His Girl said...

I think that a girl with so many things to say and such a great way of saying them will make a very fine blogger, indeed.

I also think you're a very wise young lady, Miss Jenny! So often we want to rush through stuff that seems hard or boring to get to the stuff that seems new or exciting, and we miss out on some really cool stuff- I'll be thinking about that all day today.

Tiffani said...

Jenny!!!

What an awesome, funny, talented writer and young lady you are! You have great perspective and attitude about your 5th grade year and all that you've experienced.

I loved hearing your Mom tell us about all of your performances and acting is such a great and fun way to express yourself. So, keep pursuing those roles, girl!

Do you have any idea what you'd like to buy with your birthday money? :)

Hope you'll post again soon, Drama Girl..I LOVED it!

Shanda said...

Jenny! So glad that you hijacked your mom's blog for a day! What an amazing 5th/6th grader you are!

We've been rejoicing with you through your triumphs this year and feeling for you with your heel. (Hope it is feeling MUCH better!) I think it is awesome that you have paved the way for your mom to run a 5K! You go girl!

The best is yet to come! Take one day at a time. May you continue to let the negative things roll off your back and embrace the great moments and opportunities that open up to you.

Hug that mom of yours often - and have a blast spending your birthday money!

Anonymous said...

Drama Girl!! (or Jenny, if you prefer)! It's so nice to finally "meet" you. I feel like I already know you because your mom talks about you all the time. Don't worry...she doesn't say embarrassing stuff. She mainly talks about how much fun and talented and brave and beautiful you are. She's a big admirer of yours, you know.

She's also told us that you're very wise and after reading your guest post on her blog, I know she's not just being a proud mama. You truly are wise beyond your years. I know a lot of people my age who don't know how to learn from their own lives. They let fear keep them from trying new things. They don't know how to be satisfied with where they are in the moment. You seem to have all of those life skills already neatly packed in your life toolbox. No wonder your mom is one of your biggest fans.

I'm envious of your summer. It sounds fun. I hope sixth grade is even better than you're dreaming it will be. And (Don't start sentences with "and;" it drives your mom crazy even though it isn't grammatically incorrect in all cases.) even if some days don't match up to your expectations, you'll be okay because you know how to look for the very best in every situation. Thanks for sharing with us today and thanks for sharing your mom with us. She's the best. But I'll bet you already knew that.

Barb said...

Great post, Jenny. I can tell you're excited about middle school. You're gonna love it - it's way different from elementary school.

You're a great writer. I really enjoyed reading this.

Pssst. Gretchen. You should let her do this more often. :-)

Carpool Queen said...

Jenny - I love your can-do spirit and the way that you've looked back and so maturely evaluated all that you've accomplished this year.

You are wise beyond your years.

Do you need a boyfriend? I have three boys, and I'm auditioning smart women for them. I think you'll fit the bill.

(Your mom's going to be mad at me for that last comment.)

Denise said...

This was such an awesome post Drama Girl. You are precious beyond belief, talented, and very beautiful. I pray that your summer is filled to overflowing with fun, and great adventures.

Jackie said...

Jenny, I totally think you need your own blog. That was awesome. And I agree with Whimzie - you ARE wise beyond your years. I know your mom is SO proud of you, and I can see why. Hope she lets you hijack again soon.... :)

Unknown said...

Jenny the Drama Girl,

You have learned some amazing things this year haven't you?

You are amazingly articulate for a girl your age.

No wonder your mama is so proud of you.

It makes my heart so happy that you are willingly participating in things that are new and exciting (guitar, track, Sunday Schl); and facing the challenges (broken bones, switching schools,) with courage and bravery.

Gods Word says that He has a great plan and purpose for your life! (Jer 29:11)

God is molding you, through all these things, into the creative, talented, compassionate, fun, and beautiful young woman He created you to be!

What a privilege it is to see His work in you.

I hope you have an awesome summer! And I look forward to hearing all the great things 6th grade has in store!

With Love,
Kellie the CoffeeGal

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Wow! 11, 6th grade AND sleep-over camp! What a great life! Enjoy!!

Deb said...

This girl is good!

Look forward to more posts by her in the future.

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

Sorry, Gretch, I like her better than you.

Jenster said...

Hi Drama Girl! I'm a Jenny, too, except I'm Jenni, but regardless - it's a great name!

I'm glad you had a great 5th grade and your summer sounds like fun! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your guest post and I hope to read more in the future.

I hope your 6th grade is as good as your 5th!!