Monday, May 4, 2009

Mercy! I've hit 200! Gladitude Monday

10. CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE IT???? AMBER MADE ME A BUTTON! In case the "all caps" button didn't clue you in, I'm so glad for my Gladitudes button! Please, feel free to swipe and use to your heart's delight. We thought about using "Gladitude Monday", but since I've seen some folks posting your gladdies throughout the week, I wanted to have a button that we could all enjoy. And if you're not a button type, that's groovy, too. But here's a gladdy mcsecret: she's made buttons for each season. Yay! And THANKS!!!!




9. Glad that Tuesday is "Honey-Comes-Home-From-Asia" day.




8. Glad that Monday marks a new week in terms of the: Gretchen's going to get with the program for cleaning, organizing, meal planning, and more healthful eating, etc. Yes, the list is long, but distinguished, my friends. Oh, the clean slate of a Monday morning. I actually heart you. Many scoff and mumble in your bleary-eyed direction. Not me. I'm a Monday morning enthusiast.




7. Glad for the authenticity of my blogging friends. You know...sometimes witty and fun is real, sometimes sheer joy is real, and sometimes finding no answers in the midst of our circumstances or being at the end of one's rope is real. Depends on the day, or sometimes even, the moment. At the end of the day, though, each of these ladies lays the good, the bad, and the ugly at the throne and praises God. And that's such an encouragement to my spirit, no matter what kind of day I'm having.




6. Glad for them. We were being adventurous-taking a little jaunt to Whidbey sans Daddy and, yes...H.i.k.i.n.g. Don't get too excited. It was a one mile hike, round trip. But it was very steep. I know this isn't a great picture. Trust me--we were full of not great pictures on Saturday. But the children were a) getting along and b) I needed to document that for future evidence. Evidence for what? I don't know. But it's important to be prepared.


5. Glad for Drama Girl's appt with the doc this a.m. to see what her heel pain is all about. She's doing the runny-mcrunner thang in track...and has complained consistently of pain. I'm anxious to see what the deal is--and to see a picture (I hope) of our pediatrician's new baby. I feel like I've raised this woman. I've seen her get married, and now, become a momma. Not happy for us that she's choosing to be with her child on occasion and thus only works part time. But happy for her. :)
4. Glad that David is going to get a hair cut. Soon. Because if he doesn't, I may sic my dog hair clippers on him. And that's just not right. Our rule is: either you groom yourself accordingly, with tools such as comb and gel, OR, you get a hair cut which requires neither. Can I have an Amen for all the mean moms out there?
3. Glad for a terrific time kicking up my heels with the girls last night. Got to go dancing/listen to a friend's band at a local "establishment". Wooty woo hoo. Danced my neck, back, and hips all into near spasm with all the 70s and 80s goodness of this band. Sung like I was on stage, too. Ahem. Made getting up to praise the Lord a trifle more difficult than I would have liked, but all good, all good. Even received a text from my hubs whilst boogie-ing--a query as to whether I was having fun. Yes...while I was getting my groove thang on, my hubby was suffering through a 2 hour massage in his Shanghai hotel.
2. Glad for such an amazing babysitter. Our lurvely gal lives directly across the street, and if that isn't enough, my kids adore her. She leaves David alone (good), and paints nails and chats with Drama Girl (really good). In fact, she's so good, that when I had to cancel her one night--Drama Girl cried. THAT'S a sitter. Of course...I then wonder...what's so bad about us? She doesn't cry when we leave.
1. Glad for grocery shopping. I know you can't imagine this, but Drama and I are a bit chatty at times. We learned a lesson at the grocery store: sometimes being chatty is boring for others! gasp! When I made the mistake asked how my cashier's day was going, I should've pulled up a chair and asked to stay for an hour. Drama Girl and I looked at each other and didn't say a word, but each of us knew what the other was thinking: medication required! quickly! or escape hatch! now!
Now, I'm not the type of person...well, yes, I do believe i am...scratch that. I was going to say that I'm not the type of person who requires a perfunctory, "fine" to "How are you?". But most of the time...I am. Especially in a setting like that. But there is a lesson or 2 here...First, sometimes folks just need to be heard. I suppose, I'll leave it at that.
Photobucket

15 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I adore your button! I'm going to do my own glatitude post later this morning, I hope! Can I borrow it?

I'm glad for my friend Gretchen who listened to my rant about traveling husbands last week. and made me laugh when I really wanted to be mad.

LOVE the Whidbey pics...so glad you got away.

LOVE that your husband is coming home.

LOVE that Drama Girl is running!

And LOVE that if you so choose, you can grocery shop at TJ's.

Hope your Monday is awesome, G.

Gretchen said...

Oh yes! Borrow, steal, utilize! Didn't she do a great job?

Becky said...

Love your button! And your lovely list, as usual.

I was especially fond of #6. Looove when the kiddos get along. Mine need to do a little more of that lately...

Anyway, that picture of the two of them is frameworthy. Very cute.

Amber said...

I'm glad for my new buddy, Gretchen, who is awesome and real and lurve-a-ly.

I'm hearting you big time, sister.

Mich said...

Hey Gretchen, I enjoyed chatting with you on my sister's blog so I thought I would hop on over and see who Grethen is.

I love the gratitude monday idea.

The picture of your kids is adorable!

Carpool Queen said...

Congratulations on your 200 and your beautiful button! I will be stealing it the next time I am glad. And I love Mondays, too. Everything is fresh and new and the old is behind and we are head up and shoulders back starting all over again.

New mercies and such.

Love the pics of the kids. One day they'll miss each other so much it hurts and they'll look at that picture and smile. I smile as I look at the picture of me and my brothers right by my desk.

Jackie said...

Oh, that button is just fabulous. I can't wait to see what all of the different seasons look like. :) Hey, if you want me to make a code box for you, let me know - that way people can just grab the code quickly without downloading it to their computers. But either way - it's lovely!

Oh, how I wish I had a babysitter right across the street that I could trust. That is worth SO much - she sounds like a gem.

Yay that Big is coming home! :)

Your comment about the "invisible friend" thing made me laugh, by the way - I meant to email you back but haven't gotten that far yet.

Denise said...

Your button is really awesome sweetie, enjoyed your list. I love you.

Jenster said...

LOVE the button!! And, as usual, I LOVE this list! Fabuloso!

And I LOVE that when I finally start making the rounds again I get gladitudes!!

Lisa Smith said...

Wanted to say "I'm glad" for your post over at His Girl's blog.

Cute kids!! and cute button...Go Amber!

Sheryl said...

came over here after seeing your gum chewer comment on amber's blog. cracked me up!! love your gladitude list.

i know i'll be back.

Angie said...

Ok, my son (who reminds me a lot of the descriptions you have given of your son!) also has a banana addiction! I should have added that we only have 1 banana tree in our yard so we only get a stalk once a year. I think last year someone stole them. Anywho, we normally buy bananas every other day from the "banana man" who comes by with a cart full. I buy 4 to 6 lbs every other day! You can't say we are low in potassium!

Good idea about putting scripture to music. I should use that with him.

Love your Glatitude list. I especially love the picture of the kids looking all happy and getting along. I never can seem to get a picture of mine without one of them with tears in their eyes because they didn't want to be in the picture.

His Girl said...

I am so glad you like your button, and glad you let me be obsessive about it and glad your hubby is home and glad your kids are darling.

Tiffani said...

YAY for 200!!

I am always happy to read your gladdies and that buttons just brightens up the post doesn't it??!!

Love the brother/sister pic..they're always my fave!

I love my blogging girls too!

Unknown said...

LOVE the Glatitudes Art. Cannot wait to use it next week!

And your list as amazing as usual. The pic of the kids is awesome.