10. Can i please have a gladacious Hallelujah and Amen for sunshine? We are in the low-mid 70s, complete with sunshine. Summer is here!9. Glad that Drama and Daddy had a date at the ball park today. And that Big remembered sunscreen. Drama has heard her friends talking about baseball once or twice at school is a big fan of the Red Sox. Big got tickets to today's game without telling her and surprised her with them on Friday. He only "required" that she tell him: in which ball park "her" team played, and who her top 3 players were. Google was her friend. :) She and Big got great seats, and watched a really cool game together. I'm sure she won't remember the 3-2 Mariners score, as much as she'll remember the surprise and the garlic fries sweet time they shared.
8. So obviously, David and I had some time to ourselves after church. I had worked up a fine appetite whilst singing in the key-of-me on worship team, and David is a 12 year old boy--always hungry--so we went to Outback Steakhouse and proceeded to munch our way from one end of the restaurant to the other. We even split this for dessert. 

I know...no dinner for us. And to those of you chocolate haters...I'm sorry for your loss. Musing to herself..."If I could hate chocolate, I could possibly be...smaller." :) We then went home and napped, then I learned to play Star Wars Role Playing Game (Sorry, Son, I did the best I could), and topped off our afternoon with Top Gun. Oh, I heart the Maverick. I do. And now that I'm older...Tom Skerritt gets a bit of a meow, too.
7. Normally, as you know, I'm neither glad about hard work nor sweat, but I have to say, we went to the beach house, and engaged in BOTH of those yesterday. Weeding, both pulling and torching, and painting the downstairs. I'm glad that we did these things because it reminds me that summer is afoot, and I am anxiously awaiting all the memories to be made there when the house is all gussied up.
6. Glad that we saw an incredible little choir this morning. Part of a home school co-op, and directed by a good friend of mine. They sing acapulco a cappella, which is hard under the easiest of circumstances, but especially with changing voices. They about brought me to my knees with "Come Thou Fount".
5. Glad that chocolate chips are small; however, not glad that they don't come wrapped separately. For when the bag is opened...sigh.
4. Glad for the Survivor finale tonight (yes, of course I'm auto posting). So glad Coach was cut loose. He gave me the heebie jeebies.
3. Friends, I'm going to be busy on Sept 6th, so don't mind if I don't call. I have to go see:
OH.MY.GOODNESS! I don't believe I've seen a good musical on stage since...oh, about 1977. Seriously, in our "day", Big and I would flit to musicals and movies like we were able, and even saw some amazing shows both in Denver, NYC, and London. But really...It's been a looooong time. So I'm happy mcglad for me and him. Perhaps I need a new outfit and shoes. Play along.2. Glad that Memorial Weekend is coming. Amazingly glad for all who have given their lives in a military career which may or may not have resulted in the ultimate sacrifice for our country. I'll tell you a secret: some folk might believe that I'm a teensy leftward-leaning. While this may or may not be true, I lurve our troops and my country. Regardless of my views on any particular war or conflict in our country's past or present, I am so grateful for the freedoms which are afforded me by our military's (and each family's) sacrifice that I will always support our troops. My sister just enlisted in the NAVY this year. While I'm worried at times for her well being, I trust her decision, and could not be more proud. I urge us all to take a moment in the midst of our BBQ plans to pray for our troops, and for our world.
1. Glad that I have time to recover after the House and Grey's Anatomy finales, and that I can rest in the fluff that is The Bachelorette. Yeah, I know...deep.
18 comments:
Oh, to be resting in the fluff of Jillian and all her 30 hunky men with you....true heaven, I tell ya.
And Wicked? Shut up. I heart that show. That's just good stuff right there.
And Top Gun? Hubba Hubba.
And Outback? Please tell me you ate all of your bread. Because that bread brings me to my knees.
And once again...as always...I'm gladdie glad for you, Jewels!
Hallelujah! (For the sunshine)
And for newly painted, weeded, beach houses!
And although I am not a plain choco/chip eater, I AM a chocolate eater. My feeling about those among us who are not fond of the dark brown goodness? More for you and me!
Shhhh...just between you and me. Wicked come here in april 2010 and as soon as they open up ticket sales I am buying tickets....for Beauty and the Beast too!
Happy Monday!
Again - so much goodness, I don't even know where to begin. I think first with the volleyball scene in Top Gun. Forget the dog fights, the crooning in the bar, the smoldery looks...get me to the beach. Amen.
And I love the Outback Salads, which are probably as bad for you as the chocolate dessert. I get them so I can eat the Sinful Sundae. All by myself.
And you know that CPQ will be with you on the Bachelorette. Every reality lovin' minute of it.
Oh, I just LOVE your list. The date for Big and daughter at the Red Sox sounds perfect (you know me and sports!!!) and lunch for the two of you at Outback sounds just about as perfect. (I am seriously jonesing for chocolate right now and have pretty much given into the idea that I will be baking a chocolate cake later today.)
Yes, Tom Skerritt (and other older, easy on the eye guys) look better and better as I get older.
Have fun with all of your tv! (Since my beloved "Lost" is over for the season, I am not quite so stressed!)
Drama girl & Daddys date sounded amazing! She WILL remember that forever! Nothing like a little garlic fries to seal the deal.
MMMM Outback. I craved that so much with my last pregnancy! In fact we went there three times trying to have it be my "last meal" before I delivered. However, Littlest One wasn't ready yet...Oh well, at least I got more yummy food!
Enjoy the sunshine!!
I felt giddy just reading this.
I'm glad the world has one more Sox fan. It's not as perfect as one more Braves fan, but it's probably a close second. I still haven't seen the Sox play which is just wrong, wrong, wrong.
I'm glad for the Daddy/Daugher, Mom/Son dates this weekend. That's neat.
Chocolate and Top Gun in the same weekend? Sigh. It's almost too much for my mind to absorb.
I hope you're having a great Monday, friend!
commenting on the gladitudes is becoming an excercise in gladitudery in itself! sooooo much to be glad for...
1. Your word Gladacious
2. Daddy daughter dates=delighfulness
3. Your use of Meow! (saw Top Gun on my very first date ever)
4. Very excited about the gussiness of the beach house.
5. Come Thou Fount is my 3rd favorite song in the entire universe. (3rd only to Amazing Grace and O Holy Night)
6. You are going to LOVE Wicked! I'm going to go see it for the third time in July. Here's a recommendation- get the soundtrack early. That way you can learn the songs, and you can follow along even better. There's so much going on, so when you know the words, it's easy to follow, imho.
love me zee gladitudes. never stop them.
What a great list of graditude!
Top Gun...I'm drooling as I type!
I'm with you on most of your list. I don't know which is more yummy - Maverick or Outback.
Please, oh please do not watch the Bachelorette -- after what that mean guy did to dear Melissa. Don't give them your attention.
GREAT post, Gretchen! That dessert looks YUMMY! I'm with you...one just can't go wrong with ANYTHING chocolate! :-)
Sounds like Big and Drama had a wonderful dad/daughter bonding time. Gotta love that. And I'm loving that you and David got to nap...at the same time! Now THAT'S bonding! :-)
Love ya! Enjoy your week.
Awesome list sweetie, love you.
I dig chocolate, the beach, and your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine. I'm a newbie. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
There's so much I want to say here but you know what I'm skipping right to right?????
WICKED!!!!
Girl, I have to disagree w/ Amber. I did NOT buy the soundtrack...I wanted EVERY.SINGLE.MOMENT. to be a surprise..now I went the next morning to best buy when the doors slid open and bought it...don't watch a YouTube video..NOTHING..it makes everything soo ultra excited and surprising..the songs give too much away!!!!!!
So, you're 40 and fabulous so do as you want..but I'm begging you..
Okay, all your other "glads" were great..especially Outback..now, I'm hungry at 11pm!!
I knew Tiff was gonna comment on Wicked! I remember when she posted about seeing it.
Anyhoo...
Glad you've had lots of chocolate lately. I'll gladly share mine with you next time we're togetha.
And Come Thou Fount? Only one of my most favorite hymns. I WOULD have been crying had I heard it.
Sounds like you had a great weekend!
Great list! Love the mother/son, father/daughter dates!
Loved the list. I've heard Wicked was really good.
Posted some today ... a little late! Yum for Outback. That makes me glad, too. :)
Oh, the open chocolate chip bag - my nemesis. I am fine as long as it remains unopened - I wouldn't dream of opening a sealed bag just to eat some. But after I use half a bag in something I'm baking? Oh, the rest just call out to me as I pass the pantry. I am powerless.
The fluff that is the Bachelorette...that just about sums it all up. And I love it. :)
I am joining you in being so grateful for our troops. And in saying a prayer for their safety. Amen.
Wicked was over the top great. Went to see it with my daughter as a gift from her, and we sat mesmerized. Not sure I spelled that right but we were. You're going to love it!
PS Coach was way creepy in my book too.
Post a Comment