
10. Glad it's Gladitude Monday again. Most of you know I sorta had a whacked out week for part of the time. I trust that maybe yours was whacked in places, too. This, for me elevates the need to be glad. Thankful for what I have right now. I'm trying desperately to become friends with contentment.
9. Glad that the Amazing Race ended with only a 2 tissue usage from moi. How did i become a crier at TV, folks? I really wanted Margie and Luke to win, but Tammy and Victor were my 2nd favorites. Not fans at all of the mean girl team. But you know what? One reason I have not applied to be on that program is my fear that I, too, would be a mean girl by the end of the race. But I sure lurve to watch.
8. Glad that my Mother's Day gift from Big was up to 2 days away on Whidbey or 2 days locked in our office doing quilting and scrapping. Most notably in either situation: I'd be relieved of all duties which did not include self care and bathroom usage.
7. Glad that (sigh) even though I won't be able to fly to Vegas this Memorial Day weekend to herald the 40th year of one of my besties, that we WILL do something special some other time. Simply, we got a late start in planning, and therefore everything was either over-sold, or over $$ for 1-2 nights away. Also, the baby sitter...she is unavailable. Glad that she knows we tried, and that it's not like I have to worry about wounding a friendship over this. But golly, I wanted to go.
6. Glad that Drama's first track meet is finished. Now we know what one is like. I got to time the runners. Even though she consistently came in
5. Glad we saw Star Trek. Woo Hoo. I'm feeling a little faint for the young Spock. Meow. I know, I know...I could have birthed him. But still. I'm not dead. Great movie.
4. Glad for our libarry trip this week. Got some new fun, easy to please me fiction. I'm in some Bible studies right now, so that's taking most of my brain cells. For the left-overs, I just want to have fun.
3. Speaking of Bible studies...I'm participating in the Seeking Him Together study with Amber and friends. Join in if you like. It's about experiencing a personal revival of spirit. I'm in. One could say that revival is in order. :) I'll be posting about it here for fun and accountability's sake.
2. Glad for all the sweet love in the blogosphere lately. I trusted you all with some heavy stuff. Stuff I wasn't even aware I was going to write or post. But God is faithful (I'm in the surprised-by-God camp which Kellie has mentioned); don't know why I would ever doubt Him. He has strengthened, comforted, and directed me with your comments and prayers.
1. Glad that we are inching closer to summer days and peaceful, easy schedules. To cold salads in the fridge, and impromptu BBQs.
14 comments:
I'm so proud of your Drama Girl. I wish I had her spunk.
Why you gotta mention new books and not give us titles? You know some of us need a title fix, right? And feel the need to know every detail of everyone's life, right? Give 'em up already.
Star Trek. Really? I guess I just didn't see that coming.
Yay for Drama Girl smiling through it all. Sometimes, it's just about being in the game, not having to win. Me? I'm just happy to be here.
Your MD gift sounds delightful. I think I would choose the away option. But maybe because scrapbooking raises my blood pressure. Can we say perfection issues?
I am going to HAVE to do a gladdy today b/c I'm serious need of an "adjustment".
So proud of DG...what heart.
I loved #7 b/c it may be the same way in August for me...but I know you'll love me and we WILL do something one day.
"Libarry" made me LOL because that's the consensus of it's name for all the 2nd graders I've ever taught in my life.
I've def. felt some blogosphere love too (KHIKYG?) and very supported by my girls.
And lastly, OH YES, summer is coming and I cannot wait!!
I'm so proud of Drama Girl. I don't think I've EVER smiled while running. EVER.
Surely I've told you that Margie and Luke from The Amazing Race LIVE IN MY TOWN. Have I?????
I was at Sbux last weekend with some friends and looked up to see Luke making my chai. He was SO sweet to pose with some soccer girls who came in and were all giddy over seeing him. Just seems like a classy guy. I was heartbroken over the ending last night, but I was happy that Tammy and Victor won. If it had been those girls I might have puked.
So...I hope to get a Gladitude post up this week, but I've been dying to post about my awesome Friday and I think I cannot hold it in any longer! I'll help you with Mister Linky if you want me to though...when you have time of course!
Okay, Whimz:
Playing for Pizza-John Grisham
Between Sundays-Karen Kingsbury
Wrapped in Rain-Charles Martin (new author for me)
Midnight Sons, Vol. 1-Debbie Macomber
David and I are reading aloud Thinking in Pictures, My Life With Autism- Temple Grandin
And I'm reading Watership Down withe both kids.
Because apparently, sedentary is how we roll.
And Mer: Repenting right now for the white hot jealousy at M and L living in YOUR town and not mine. I can even sign! Funny, I think we might've been in HI while they were shooting part of the finale for The Amazing Race, because, we saw the Travelocity Gnome being posed by a rock formation blow hole.
As someone who is so unathletic and the thought of running makes me weak, I am so proud of little miss Drama!
Loved your list!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Way to go Drama Girl! (and mom for keeping time!)
We saw Star Trek on Friday night. I'm Meowing right along with you (and I am sure thousands of other women...) They definitely cast well for his role.
Enjoy this fresh week!
Gladdie glad for DG. I want to borrow her, please. I'll give her back (maybe) right after she rubs some of that mojo off on the rascals.
And I'm with you on the summer. And the cold salads. Slurp.
And, as always and forever, I'm glad for you, my dear.
Go, Drama Girl! I am SO proud of her!
I cannot think of a better mother's day gift. Hmmm. I might need to drop a hint or two to my hubby about something along those lines for next year. ;)
Was really sad that Margie and Luke didn't make it, but man, what a team! She's an awesome mom, and they worked together so well. I didn't mind too much that Tammy and Victor won, though. Wasn't a fan of the Mean Girls. But like you said - being on that show would probably turn me into that too.
Woo Hoo, go Drama Girl. I love you my friend.
Yes, yay for DG. When I told her about your comments (she was wondering what I was looking at--perhaps mommy is on the 'puter too much?), she said, "So, I guess I have like a lot of Moms now, across the country..."
I guess so.
CPQ: perfection issues are my middle name (which is why I'm purposefully not going back to capitalize the first word in this sentence). In quilting, I'm learning to succumb to the "good enough", and in scrapping, well...I may just learn it, too.
Tiffani: i hope you have a most pleasant time checking out books at your libarry this summer.
Mich: Your post for Amber today made me misty.
Shanda: We can purr from opposite coastlines. I have no problem with that.
Amber: Happy McGladdy Birthday to you m'lurve! xxxooo
Jackie: Yes, drop hints. Or simply have a tantrum or two. Nothing says, "Mommy needs a break" better than gnashing of teeth and tears. ;)
Denise: <3
I am so sadly behind, but I didn't want to miss a word of your Gladitudes, cause i enjoy them immensely!
I am so proud of Drama Girl..please tell her I teared up reading about her. She is so strong and brave,like her Mama!
I love your glatitde Mondays...they always make ne smile.
Love,
Sue
We saw Star Trek last weekend, and sad to say I was so excited for a week, thinking it was Star Wars. Didnt have the heart to tell hubby when I realized my confusion because he's a trekkie. The movie was fun, and the popcorn was fabulous.
Post a Comment