D: Did the study live up to my expectations? Was my experience consistent with my expectations? Well...actually, I had few expectations. I knew a lot of my fellow travelers had been down the Daniel road before and found it a little wiggy and difficult to digest. I think perhaps we were all a little put off by the prophesy aspect of the book (initially) because that seems to be a very unfamiliar part of our daily Christian walk as post-modern Americans. My experience totally surpassed any expectations I could have ever had.
A: Any heart changes? Only God can answer this. But just carefully reading and studying Daniel gave me a heart for the amazing faith of this individual. And the thirst for that same, bold, steadfast faith. A faith that, according to God's will, can move mountains.
N: Never in my wildest dreams did I think I could complete this study--and not only that, but be so blessed by my SAFARI Sisters. They are truly the best "souvenir" from this study. Never did I think that one of us would come to find out she had an agressive form of cancer, and yet, bless her sisters with her insights, groans, and God-given messages of encouragement in her completion of the study.
I: I am amazed at the fact that even though God has been around since the beginning of time, he makes himself current and understandable--through His word, and through the voices of Amber...Jen...Karen...Lisa...Tiffani...and all the FB folks I had chance to peek in on.
E:Easy? No...often times, this study made me look up close and personal to all my "zits" in the mirror. No one likes to do that--especially a 41 year old woman. Aren't I supposed to be at an age to "have it all together?". Ahem. No, it wasn't easy. But it was gooood.
L: Love. Love the fact that God led me to this study at this particular time. Love the lessons learned, even when they chafed and burned. Love that Daniel is just as applicable today as it was when written.
Thanks to all who have put up with my off-key singing in the jeep. I appreciate your helping to clear the windows so that I could see all the scenery. Thank You, Jesus, for your grace and mercy throughout my journey. You forgave the times I wasn't as disciplined as we both would've liked, and Your faithfulness built upon my own wimpy faith of a mustard seed. I am blessed.
7 comments:
Bless you my friend.
I'm so glad I got the chance to hear your off key singing :)
You were a rich travel compadre. Thank you so much for your honesty and willingness to share.
I love you....I honestly love you. (sung in my best Olivia Newton-John voice)
Woooohoooo!!!!
D: Did you blow me away and exceed my every dream as a participant? UM YEAH!
I was going to continue along this line, but suffice it to say, having you along this ride was NOT ONE BIT like having an off-key singer in the jeep. More like a tuning-fork. Or whatever you call those things that help people who actually know music to focus and sharpen and get on tune. One of those.
Luuuuurved having you, learning from you, and am seriously eternally grateful.
xoxoxo
I'm so glad you did this too. I learned alot about you and you made me poke at myself a little bit.
Thank you :)
only you would talk about looking at your zits in a mirror... I love you, Gretch!!
And the jeep ride with you and your singing was amazing... One of the things I'll miss the most
XOXO
girl. we were sangin' some awesome duets in that jeep!!! ;)
of course, you were so clever in your wrap-up...love you more than my luggage, doll.
Such a joy and encouragement on this Daniel journey..I thank very sweetly, for doing it so neatly!! (name that tune) ;)
Post a Comment