Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's not easy bein' green...except when it is. Giveaway.

Hey Blogular Peeps! 

I've been truckin' along this week, and haven't paid much attention to the blogosphere.  Just otherwise occupied, I guess.  Quantum leap:  So, I was looking at our cloth napkins and how they don't go with my spring colored table runner.  I've decided I need to make more napkins.  Not so much because these don't match, but because we really like using them, and if we're using them, they may as well match, no?  In fact, my son MUCH prefers these to paper napkins.  Using paper on his skin feels like nails on the chalkboard. 

And, in much the same fashion as this book, if I start out with an idea in my head, it often morphs into another one. 

The bottom line?  Another quantum leap:  Earth Day is coming up.  Mer wrote so beautifully about being a good steward about all that we've been given.  So, in order to be a better steward of all I've been given, and to reduce my quilting fabric stash (which makes my husband so happy), I'm going to make myself some springtime cloth napkins. 

And I'll make you a set, too, in your favorite coluh or a coordinating coluh for your kitchen.   

If you win my drawing. 

Faithful lurkers and commenters, unite.  If you've kept up so far and want to win some napkins, please leave a comment telling me about your favorite meal with your family and why.  Or, tell me something else.  Like why the new Star Trek was robbed at the Oscars.  Or why you wish Jane Lynch was your best friend.

You have till 8 p.m. Pacific on Sunday, April 18 (HisGirlAmber's b'day).

Live long and prosper, and I look forward to catchin' up with all y'all's blogs. Soon. xxxooo
Photobucket

19 comments:

The Nira Family said...

Our favorite family meal has not been solidified yet, we have a 2 year old and a 2 month old. My favorite family meal recently though was when I served a salad for dinner and Little Man ate hid lettuce for the very first time, and he liked it too!

Jean Sullivan said...

My favorite meal is Thanksgiving turkey with all the fixins--it's a day with all my kids home and always a lot to be thankful for. The food's good too!

My favorite color? Colors--red, yellow, green and a little black.

Jean

Jean Sullivan said...

My favorite meal is Thanksgiving turkey with all the fixins--it's a day with all my kids home and always a lot to be thankful for. The food's good too!

My favorite color? Colors--red, yellow, green and a little black.

Jean

Katrina @ Pics, Pages & Purls said...

Well...I'm thinking that our favorite family meal is Chicken Pot Pie...SO easy and so yummy...there are only 7 ingredients.
Colors: would be any blues and browns. This is an easy way of being green...THANKS!

Tanya said...

I would love some cloth napkins made by you!!

I have a few favorite meals. I love making marinated skirt steak with spinach and goat cheese salad, mostly because of the (orgasmic) sounds my husband makes while eating it. :) The kids never eat steak, though, so my favorite FAMILY meal is Taco Ring. It's easy, yummy, comfort food that the whole family enjoys.

Denise said...

Our favorite meal is chicken strips with gravy, creamed potatoes, and corn on the cob.

His Girl said...

Man, you are loving me just right. Thanks for contributing to my b'day psychosis.

Thank you also, for picking my name for the cloth napkins. For us to eat with dinner.

Because we don't call it supper here in Cali.

Nor do we all sit down together for any other meal.

oh yes, I am a loser.

But maybe if I won, I would make an effort to sit at the same time as my kids for b'fast.

maybe.

Amber said...

OOhh...fun. I'm not green, but I do love the color green. So there ya go.

And your cutie napkins sound divine.

My favorite family mean is breakfast. On lazy Saturday mornings with everyone in their jammies. Paradise.

And I'm a blue girl. Any shade it comes...except that weird baby sky blue...it creeps me out just a bit. Don't ask.

Love you much, friendy friend.

Unknown said...

I would love some napkins made loving by my West Coast Island Girl, because....well, because I love dishcloths. It makes me feel like you are here every time I wash the dishes. If i won the napkins, I'd feel like you were eating dinner with me.

My favorite meal with my family? I guess it would have to be the meals we have when we are staying in a cabin or are camping when on vacation. Because those are the ones that feel festively normal. We eat alot of meals together in this house....like all three meals (well, the kids and i do, The mister just for dinner)...and at the moment they are functional, but not always festive.

Becca said...

Our favorite family meal is spaghetti and meatballs...Yummo!

And I LOVE green...:)

Marla Taviano said...

Does it have to be a meal I cook?? If not, then Pei Wei!! (do you have that out there?)

Mongolian Chicken
Ginger Broccoli Chicken
Honey-Seared Chicken
Cool Minced Chicken Lettuce Wraps

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!

Mich said...

My favorite meals are the ones where the whole family helps me cook. Love those moments spent together.

Lisa Smith said...

These days my fav meal with my fam is any meal where we're all present! And just any meal in general since I'm not taking things like family dinner for granted any more.

love you gretch!! xoxoxo

O Mom said...

I just love any meal with my whole family, it really is my favorite part of the day! I guess I could choose holidays because I get out all the fancy stuff and I love watching my girls use the fancy glasses and thinking they're so special.
And jane lynch? I love her! That one commercial she has out...I die every time. Does she remind me of you a little? or is that weird?
I so need some special nappies!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love summer suppers...because they usually involve some kind of grilled meat and an easy, fresh side dish. But I love big breakfasts too.

I LOVE this green idea! I have a few cloth napkins and keep meaning to make some more. I'd much rather you make them for me, dear!

I'll be back later to catch up on the rest of your blog!

Carpool Queen said...

My favorite meal with the family is Sunday night bingo. I pull everything out of the fridge and everyone picks what they want.

All are happy and my fridge starts fresh for the week.

And I like orange, pink, yellow, and lime.

care-in said...

What a fun giveaway! Anything neutral i love! Of course my six year old dd would love to have purple everything!!

Jen said...

Save the planet. Make Jen some cloth napkins. Otherwise she buys the big 974 rolls of Bounty from Sam's.

Just sayin'.

My favorite meal with my family? BBQ shrimp (recipe from Pioneer Woman) with a loaf of crusty french bread. And sweet tea. I love it because a. everyone in the family will eat it and b. it's delish and c. there's no serving glory here. Lay down newspaper on the table and plop the big ole pan of glory and let everyone tear off a chunk of bread and dip, sop...whatever you feel led by the Lord to do.

whimzie said...

And I missed it.

So I'm not answering the question....or to quote a no-longer-on-the-air TV show, "I don't understand the question and I won't respond to it."