Saturday, April 10, 2010

10 on the 10th!

Wow!  How is it that each month has a 10th, and each month, I seem to be caught off-guard at this occurence?  Thank you, Mer, for the tawpic.  This may be a surprise to the 10 of you, but going to the gym, eating healthfully, and overall discipline in my physical well-being are not my favorite subjects.  I'll wait whilst you pick yourselves up off the floor.  Really?  Yep.  They represent "have-tos".  I have to take care of the body that God gave me, I have to be a good example for my children, and I have to show myself that I can be disciplined.  See?  Have-to.  Let's not even go there re: my I-realize-I-should-be-grateful-for-the-ability-to-work-out attitude.  Ahem.  It's a work in progress.  Do you think I have a 10 on the 10th, or am I just going to ramble? 

10 Beautiful Sedentary Activities Which I Wish Burned Calories:

1.  Reading.  Blogs. Books. Magazines. Facebook. Whatever. 
2.  Napping.  90 minutes is best, but will take 20.
3.  Watching TV.  Top 3 wished calorie burners:  Amazing Race, Real Housewives of..., & Castle
4.  Driving.  On days that I put 100 miles on rHonda the Minivan, I sure wish each minute = 1 calorie.
5.  Eating Out.  Wouldn't it be great if calories in really equalled calories out?  Just musin'.
6.  Hairapy.  Actually, hairapy is fun enough w/o losing weight, too.  Or, is it?
7.  Writing Posts.  Seriously.  I have some HOURS in that Daniel Study, and I don't have a thinner waist  to show for it--just more spiritual growth.  sigh.  Oh, well. ;) 
8.  Quiet time/Bible Study.  See #7. 
9.  Watching J's Upcoming Track Season.  Lordy, not only does this not burn many cals, but sore butt-itis is often the result of such loving, sacrificial support.
10.  Singing in the choir.  Oh, I guess we do stand, on occasion.  And we breathe heavily and all.  Get your mind out of the gutter.

Go join in the reindeer games at Mer's place.  Happy Weekend!
Photobucket

14 comments:

Mich said...

Girl, you are my kind of girl. Love your list, for just the idea of exercise makes me pass out from exhaustion. :)

Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

It's not fair that some people actually like to exercise and they get rewarded with pleasure PLUS healthy and hot bodies.

I'd like to register another complaint with the "Not Fair" department, please.

Anonymous said...

In addition to your aforementioned, I would also like to add the Morning Get-the-Kids-Off-to-School rush as an aerobic elective and would like some credit for waiting....at doctor's appointments, in the school pick-up line, etc.

Denise said...

I love you precious sis of my heart.

O Mom said...

It is such a have to with me too. I keep waiting for it, the eating healthy and exercise, to be something I love but it still isn't. This list cracked me up. As usual! :)

Cathy said...

I, too, had this thought at practice Easter week about the possible burning of calories that MAY have been taking place, what with all the standing, "dancing", and...ahem...heavy breathing.:)

And ditto to ALL of what Whimzie said....

Sandy said...

I so love so many of these things (not the TV shows) & really love your list of goals on the left column. I need to set some lofty goals like these! Thanks for the inspiration!

Melissa said...

After reading the topic I knew I would love this post! I'm so with you on all of these! Funny post!

His Girl said...

I swear we are so much more than flaternal.

I would like to add that every time I use willpower and I do NOT eat a reese's pb egg, the willpower itself should thereby burn 90 calories (which, coincidentally is exactly the number of calories in the aforementioned egg.)

Bev said...

Actually I heard that eating celery burned more calories than the celery had. Why can't it be avocados? Or reading or watching movies and eating popcorn?

Carpool Queen said...

Do massages burn calories? It's a lot of work laying there wondering if the sheet is going to slip.

Unknown said...

I do actually think singing in choir burns calories...(please don't tell me otherwise)

I think that laying on the couches and watching Bravo with a friend and eating Mini Cadbury eggs is also a good kcal burning exercise, especially when I have to r-e-a-c-h for the bowl.

I think we should do that again together.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

You get the award for most brilliant thinking. I loved this list. I'd add soaking in the hot tub and lying on the beach to your list. And drinking fruity umbrella drinks whilst doing those things.

Good for you for being disciplined!

Oh, and Will has his first track meet tomorrow so I'll be sitting in the bleachers too. Fun, fun, fun!

Kecia said...

OH, wouldn't that be nice! I would love it. I've never had hairapy, though, I guess...it doesn't work when even the stylists get frustrated...