I want that.
Obviously, I don't want what happened to him to happen to me. I want the faith he has. I want to be so dependent upon Jesus that I need Him for every breath, every decision, and every action. Because the truth is, I DO need Him for all of those things. And I cannot believe that I'm saying this, but if having a faith similar to SCC's (he is well known and therefore relatable, but so many others have this type of faith, as well), and living this faith brings me misery of my own sort--no matter what it is--I have to want that, too. Not in my every day "I want a new outfit" kind of way, but in the "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will but yours be done." (Luke 22:42, NIV) vein of longing. I want to have the faith that can be so battered and worn. So threadbare, that my Savior knows I'm at the end of my rope and loves me through it anyway. I want rich, inexplicable, amazing faith.
Getting to the point...(smile)...I'd like to encourage you to take a "dive" with me and go deep in your faith this year. It's always more fun to grow together. Maybe you're like me--a "maturing" Christian who has better intentions than follow through. Maybe you don't really have a belief system, per se. Or maybe you'd like to have a belief system, and are seeking your purpose under heaven. I invite you to come with me and meet my Jesus. I was raised as an only child, so I don't like to share much. But I'll share Jesus. He can be your Jesus, too. And I know He wants that.
Here are 2 opportunities I'm participating in, and invite you to join:

If you click on the pictures, you should be led to a synopsis of each "challenge". The first is a Bible reading challenge. I have been through most pages of the Bible at least once, and several parts many, many times. But this challenge (based on John Piper's doable program) encourages us to read the Bible each day, finishing within one year. The bonus? Grace days. I'm sure none of you has ever wanted to just have a day off, but I do. And there are 5 days off each month for you to schedule around. Though, there are no penalties for reading EVERY day, mind you. Thank you, Tanya, for spearheading this.The second picture depicts a Bible study Safari on the book of Daniel. My amazingly talented teaching friend, Amber, has written this 12 week study, and it begins next week.
"But we will never know the awesome power
Of the grace of God
Until we let ourselves get swept away
Into this holy flood
So if you'll take my hand
We'll close our eyes and count to three,
And take the leap of faith
Come on, lets go..."

8 comments:
Just signed up for Daniel on Amber's blog. Woohoo!
You are one amazing woman!
xoxoxoxo
I may have to check out that Bible reading plan and let me just tell you....I'm beyond thrilled and comforted that you are doing Daniel too!!!
Such truth and honesty about your faith, my dear, and I want to boldly be able to say "not my will but thine" UNhesistantly ;)
I have committed to reading through the Bible this year too. Thanks for linking to the Daniel Bible Study it looks great.
I've met SCC and he is just as cool and authentic in person. He makes people want to be more like Christ. It's really quite awesome what a life fully surrendered to Him can be.
I'm so glad you're joining us! I look forward to getting to know you better.
I may have to check out the Daniel study too. I'm always more ambitious in January. :)
Wohoo!!! Let's jump, baby! I'm doing a reading plan, too, and I'm excited about how God's going to change me through it.
Yay for diving in! Yay for Steven Curtis Chapman! Yay for friends who encourage me to do more and be better!
*gulp*
your confidence to share the Daniel study with others is very humbling.
almost makes me think it's like, a real study.
*gulp*
thanks, my friend. you can't even know how thankful I am.
Post a Comment