Tuesday, January 12, 2010

GladiTuesday!



I'm going to do something a little different with my glad + attitudes today.  I'm going to focus on one word and list 10 things associated with that word for this past week of reflection.  M'kay? 

The word is:  Grace. 

I won't define it, here.  Though, I did look up the actual meaning, just to be sure.  But you know what it means.  Seems grace is so big that it takes several pages of printing from Dictionary.com.  Who knew?  I guess God knew.

1.  I am glad that I'm in Big's good graces after spending a week alone with the kids and working on some projects he asked me to work on. 

2. I'm thankful for the Lord's gracious provision of Big's job, thus providing us a home and the ability to care for our children's needs.

3.  Saying grace each night at the dinner table makes me glad.  Even when the prayers are short and perfunctory, they're a sign that we make a habit of thanking God for our food.

4.  I thank God for the grace He gives by strengthening me for parenting.  He graces me with the wisdom and knowledge that my kids are too precious to be "friends" right now.  It's important that I allow them to be mad at me while I parent them. Yet, I also thank God for the loving grace and mercy he pours upon me when I want nothing more than to show those kids some JUSTICE and TRUTH (I may be saying, HMPH! at the end of that sentence.).  John's post re: Mark made me think of this...

5.  I adore the graceful curve of my daughter's smile.  And the grace she gives her brother. And the grace with which she's dealing with 6th grade.

6.  You know what? David's clumsy about it.  He doesn't like to talk about it, but he gives her grace, too.

7.  Grace notes make me happy.  So very glad to be going to choir tonight!

8. Pure Grace, by Philosophy is my newest fragrance.  My gracious in-laws purchased it for me for Christmas.  My, I smell so good and feel so glad when I wear it.  (This is grace, not humility)

9.  Grateful for the gracious examples of mentors who go before us.  Mentors don't have to be older than us, but usually they are.  Many of you are my life mentors, and many of you are younger than me.  I saw a retweet from Whimzie yesterday (via Shaun Groves) talking about how we women eat each other for lunch.  I think this is true.  And I hate it.  However, I'm also very aware that women supporting women--getting by with a little help from our friends--is the lifeblood of many of us. God made us to need and love on each other.
10. Very, very grateful for gracious hosts in NC.  In Feb.  Hosts who might look like:  this and this.
HOLLA!

How has God been gracious to you, today or this past week?
Photobucket

11 comments:

Amber said...

I love what you had to say about parenting. You are so right about the importance of our kids being a little mad at us when we parent sometimes.

Love your list this go-round, Jewelsy.

You are one of the most graceful and gracious women I know.

O Mom said...

Loved this.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, you're creative! GladiTuesdays with a theme word?! LOVE this!!

I always wanted to be graceful, like our friend Kellie the Ballerina. But I'm a clutz. There's not a whole lot I can do about my physical grace or lack thereof, but today you reminded me that I can still live gracefully and seek grace in my everyday life.

And I'm wearing Amazing Grace today so we can be Philosophy Grace Scent Sisters! ;)

Tiffani said...

Grace. It's such a beautiful word. I love how you used it in so many ways...

I love your list, as always, my friend!

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Wonderful~love how you did this with one word. So many meanings!

Mich said...

Beautiful word. What a fun idea.

Once again, I love your list!

Carpool Queen said...

I'm sure we'll all be the picture of grace as we jump up and down at the airport.

Can't wait.

His Girl said...

this was for me today:
It's important that I allow them to be mad at me while I parent them.

how did i know? my eyes started leaking when I read it.


thanks, sis.

Lisa Smith said...

can't wait to extend grace to each other on this Daniel Safari!!

Andrea Frazer said...

I ditto what Amber said. And I love the name Grace. I simply can't understand why my husband won't have a reversal so that I can have one more child and name her Grace. I mean, come on, is he crazy or what?

Gretchen said...

Stop. The. World. You're coming to NC in February?! Can't wait. Must. Do. Coffee. with CPQ?

Thanks for what you said in #3. Sometimes I feel guilty when my kids say the same thing at dinner prayers. Speaking to God should never bring guilt.