I got this idea from Sarah, from In the Midst of It. She focused on a list of things she liked. So...w/o further ado, I give you things that make me glad:
10.
I kid you not: this is the breakfast of champions. I have enjoyed Go Lean Crunch over the years, but this is so nummy, I've even had it for dinner.
9. My DVR. Sigh. Everyone must be good at something. I happen to be good at watching TV with my husband when the kids go down. Right now, we are so rich with possibilities (recorded shows of Chuck, CSI, and Law and Order, SVU), that we're just giddy with TV watching excitement. Oh, how I'm glad that we forced ourselves to work out last night. So we could enjoy with impunity. I also might be good at watching General Hospital, since 1976, but who's counting.
8. Books! I'm currently reading The Sugar Queen, by Sarah Addison Allen , and am just about to start "Mom, I Feel Fat!" , by Sharon Hersh. I'll be posting reviews of both here when I finish them.
7. This store makes me all kinds of happy. Today, I used a gift card and purchased some paper organizers for scrapbooking paper. One day, I hope to get back to it. Might be easier if it weren't in a pile of piles.
6. This toilet bowl cleaner. Yeah, I actually pause a moment from blog reading and writing, and all my other hobbies to do things like scour toilets.
6. This toilet bowl cleaner. Yeah, I actually pause a moment from blog reading and writing, and all my other hobbies to do things like scour toilets.
5. THESE JEANS. Sorry to the one or two poor souls of the male persuasion, who may be lurking...But girls, can we talk? Good. Because I have a tummy. In fact, other than my "top rack", I'm very much made like a man. Broad shoulders, narrower hips, no butt (or we could call it an "aspirin" butt--round, flat, and with a line in the middle--too much?), and I carry my weight in my gut. I have FINALLY found jeans that fit, and that have a long enough inseam, because my other issue is that my waist (well, the area which would be my waist if I had one) is directly beneath my breasts. Sigh. This means that most of my pants look like high waters, when I'm only 5'6". Barely 5'6". So, if you happen to be one of the few "apples" buying women's clothing, these jeans just might be your ticket. They also have jeans which are touted as "no gap", if this is your problem. Anyhoo...check these out.
4. This Christmas gift. Oh, how I've coveted thee. I have even burned out a lesser wannabe until she sparked in anger. But you, my darling. You are my hair's soulmate. I am too cheap to buy your affections for myself, so I'm so gladdy mcglad that my in-laws wanted a list. ;)
3. My church. I feel like my church has been in a valley for a long time--about 5 years. Recently, however, it feels like spring in our body. New folks are coming through the door. Relationships are forming and thriving. We still have our problems, like any other church, because we are h.u.m.a.n., but I feel a focus and general sense of growth. Thank You, Jesus. What an encouragement. As I looked around the other day, too, I thought..."Wow. There are so many people in this room that I not only know, but love and admire." Cool stuff.
2. My marriage. How blessed am I that after almost 20 years of marriage, and nearly 26 years of being together, my husband is still the person I want to cuddle up with at the end of a long day. His is the first and last voice I want to hear each day. He gets me and supports me, and provides so well for our family. None of which is a picnic for him, I'm sure. I am honored that our children get to witness a working marriage in their lives, and even more honored that it's ours.
1. Facebook. Okay...I know...I'm a freak. But get this. One minute I can be talking to a high school friend, and the next, I can be connecting with a neighbor whom I haven't seen in 9 years because we moved away from the 'hood. I don't do the games. Lordy! I hate the games. Well, except for some quizzes. ;) But I don't judge them, either. However, I do check in about twice a day, and have had the best time, just feeling connected to those with whom I've lost touch, as well as my current friends.
Okay...your turn...what item or product or person or place makes you glad?




17 comments:
So these listys are my fave. Because I LURVE ;) to get to know my peepsles better.
I covet a CHI. But haven't been blessed with it's straightening goodness yet. One day. One day.
Have I mentioned lately how much I appreciate you? NO? Well, I do!
I enjoyed your list, love you.
Ok, down here in Jawja we call the "noasitol" disease (get it?! no ass at all?!) heehee..and I suffer as well...
I love your list and I think I'd love the Kashi and the Chi (gosh sounds so Asian or something)...
I may have to checkout some Target jeans..I more of an Old Navy girl but I'm always loving a new pair to try!
I'm pretty happy with my rear. HOWEVER, I would gladly transplant some of the roundness/firmness of it up into my bra.
Love this list. It's just all kinds of groovy.
Aspirin butt? Too funny! :)
Thanks for all the great comments today. You are a blessing!
You just plum make me smile with all your lists!!! Love GladiTuesday!
I'm glad to know someone else who doesn't play all the games on facebook. I thought I was the only one.
Have a great week.
I'll trade my bubble butt for your aspirin butt. Deal?
YOU make me glad. The fact that I can ALWAYS count on you to lift me up in prayer for the everyday (and big) things means the world to me. Seriously. And no matter what kind of twittertude I'm having, I know I'm never talkin' to myself when you're online. Thank you for being you!
So glad you now know the awesomeness that is Chi. I heart mine as well.
What I covet?? DVR, baby. If you read my blog you know what this house is operating on, and it ain't purty.;)
Your lists make me glad!
I love Kashi, but its, ahem, affect on me is not so nice. ;)
As far as the jeans go... the grass is always greener. I need the no-gap jeans because of my tush. Sigh.
Pray tell, what is yellow spaghetti?
Sarah's list inspired me too. In fact she's on my list of things I like :-) Adore my DVR, Joann Fabric, any jeans that hide extra stuff, my Chi, my church and my marriage. Facebook sometimes, usually. See we're almost related! BTW I keep forgetting to tell you how fabulous your new profile photo is - really!
I have tried the Kashi deal, but truthfully? It makes me a little too regular, if you know what I mean.
Aspirin butt? Gretchen, I love you! You are flat out too funny. No pun intended. Ha!
checking out the toilet bowl cleaner becuz a good smelling toilet makes me smile for sure!
and aspirin butt...hahahahahah...needed to laugh a bit today. i'm little more booty blessed than you ;0
i belong to Amber's list. Coveting a CHI...already on my second lesser. (True story: my hubster went to Ulta to buy me a $100 CHI becuz he loves me like that and they sold him a $30 model that was "just the same" the sales girl said...argh! now, he won't consider the CHI. At.all.) is it really woth it?
Bwahahahaha! Aspirin bu- **wheeze laughing**
Man, girl, that was HEElarious! A much-needed laugh in my dreary day.
By the way...love your new pic over there...and I, too, spend waaay too much time on FB. ;)
Aspirin butt? I wish you could see how hard I'm laughing at that.
OMG. You kill me.
I wrote about jeans today too. I'm more of a curvy girl. No aspirin butt for me. It's prolly more like an M&M or a skittle.
Oh man, I gotta stop. Glad you're gladdy.
I'm back. But only to ask if you know that Sharon Hersch lives in CO? She's friends with some of my counseling friends. ;)
I haven't checked the others yet but I am so headed to Target for jeans! I am shaped just like you described yourself & tried on 7 pairs of jeans today, coming away with none. I'm only 5'2, but I have a high waist & long legs.
I don't eat the Kashi because I spend a lot of time w/NewEveryAM (she's my daughter) & she's right about how it affects her.... So I haven't tried it. But I've eaten about 6 million boxes of Very Berry Special K (okay, that is a bit of an exaggeration...)
Going to go check some of the other fun things on your list.
Love my Chi. That is all.
I carry my weight in the middle, too. And having twins didn't help that. At all. I also have major "gappage" issues, so I'm going to check these bad boys out.
Mrs. Meyers, how I love her!
Post a Comment