Tuesday, January 26, 2010

GladiTuesday!

I can hardly believe that I've hit 290 posts at this particular blogular location.  I had two previous blogs, but have settled in nicely to Jewels in My Crown Someday.  I still like the name. Still lurve the idea of penpal-ing around with all of you.  And I've very much enjoyed the growth in my walk with Jesus--yes, even as a perk of this blog.  Stay tuned.  I might call all you lurkers out of the woodwork for a 300 party.  Why?  Because.

Ahem.  On to my gladdy mcgladdisms of the day:

10. So frightfully glad I don't have to wear this to work every day...



Though it is quite fetching in a beaver hunting sort of way.

9.  Glad that I was able to spend a day and a 1/2 with S., probably my closest friend in WA.  We scooted out to Whidbey on Friday at midday and returned after dinner on Saturday.  She just gets me.  And I think...it would be fair to say I just get her.  Iron constantly sharpens iron, but also knows when to share a bottle of wine and relax over Fritos and bean dip. And tuna casserole.  And Real Housewives of Orange County repeats.  Mercy.  And you CAN brag on these hats.  They're our we-bought-them-on-Whidbey-and-may-never-wear-them-but-it-was-fun-anyway!-hats.


I love you, S.  God has blessed me so richly in our friendship!!!!!

8.  Gladdy mcglad that I had the privilege of singing on the worship team last Sunday.  Truly, this is one of my favorite things to do, evah!  I am not always a confident singer, but have full confidence in the richness of His grace.  No problem at all worshiping that!  I also happen to adore and admire all the folks with whom I am honored to sing.  *contented sigh*

7.  Super-duperifically glad that my husband had a flat tire because it FORCED him (ahem) to get his tires replaced.  Don't ask me whether I may have nagged incessantly supported him in this very safety wise decision.  Lying doesn't look good on me.

6.  I'm not sure if this is something to be glad about...but i'm lurving the new Scrabble app on Appletini!  I am learning all these smart-people words, like "da", and having so much fun.  I'm sure my productivity is just the same as it ever was.  I went all out and spent $4.99 on this app.  Previous to this, I had maxxed out at $.99 purchases. 

5.  Board games make me gladdy.  The kids think I'm wacko, but I'm not sure that's unusual.  Either I am wacko, or they're going thru a stage.  Anyhoo, I make them invite everyone to the table after dinner--probably once or twice a week--to engage in stimulating rounds of:  Farkle, Blokus, and other nifty strategic pursuits.  I am REALLY into Farkle.  Doesn't it sound like a naughty word?  I know.  My name is Gretchen, and I am 12.

4.  Glad Mt. Washmore is a mere foothill as I type this.  Holla!

3.  Glad that we're looking into possibly doing some pet therapy with D and Annie (our Golden Retriever).  Both of them would benefit, I think, from serving others.  Waiting to hear if this might be a "go".

2.  Infinitely glad when my husband is home for math homework questions.  I have struggled and struggled with math, and truly only in the last few years have let some of that shame go.  You know the shame--"I can't to _____, so I must be a l.o.s.e.r."  Don't have time for that negative self-talk when I'm raising a daughter with similar challenges.  Trying to be glad about what we CAN do, versus what we can't.  Good training in seeing that God makes all of us with unique purposes in mind.  BTW, did you likey how I used the vocabulary word, "infinitely"??? huh?  Oh...oops.  I wrote that out loud.  Humility, Gretchen.  Need to write HUMBLE in my web.

1. Glad, and so grateful for...a warm bed, a sound house, food in my belly, family and friends, and faith worth grasping.

Blessings to you this week!
Photobucket

16 comments:

Denise said...

I love this, and I love you.

Gretchen said...

I love the hats. I really do... you look so oooh-la-la winter chic!

Bev said...

When our kids were growing up, many a night was spent at the kitchen table with hubby going over calculus or worse. Give me spelling lists, an essay to write, but please dont give me anything with numbers on it. They would have flunked flunked flunked for sure if it'd been left up to me. And I think the hat is a go.

Amber said...

I love love love this list. It's perfect.

And you are gorgeous in your very chic Whidbey hat.

So gladilisciously thankful for you, friend!!

Marla Taviano said...

This post is awesome. You are so pretty!

Shelley said...

That's a wonderful post. I needed to get off my pity and be thankful as well. Appreciate it.

O Mom said...

Helping me to find the Gladi in my day today. Thank you.
Love your picture on the side bar...is that new or have I just not been paying attention? So pretty!

Cathy said...

Girl, if you DON'T wear your new hat purchase I will drive myself right on up and slap that thing down on your cute little head...in the nicest of ways of course...but it.is.adorable on you.

And YAY!!! You DID name her Appletini! Puuuuurrrrfect.

Oh and I must be 10. Cause when you say "Farkle" I think of the "matter" that's been filling my son's diaper/pants/pjs/crib/chair this last week. Or maybe it's what I want to yell when I think all this sickness is done and I come to find out it's not....;)

Mich said...

So thankful for you "sis." I told Amb that we were adopting you.

Your lists always make me smile. and when they have cute pictures too..even better.

Carpool Queen said...

You can play board games with my Tommy when you come because I do not love the board game. No, ma'am.

I do love the hats, though.

Kelly said...

The hats are adorable, please wear them as often as possible. I must confess, I was reading #2 while still looking at picture #1, and I seriously gasped, thinking you purchased the "fetching" beaver hat. That one- not so cute! But you, as always, are precious and your gratitude is contagious!

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

I'm so with you on the math! Love the list!

Julie said...

Hey friend, Lurve the photo! You look Mah-VA-lus!

Loved reading your list.. Can't believe you've made all those posts... you've got me beat. I'm still in the hundred + range....

Hope your week is blessed!

So glad you became my penpal! Your visits to my blog always bless me!

Tiffani said...

Dang. My "dashboard" on blogger just now showed me this post!!

My son (whose sitting with me) loves your hat! "cool hat" to be exact...

As always, your glads make me glad and I always feel better after reading them!

Anonymous said...

Love the hat!

I wish we could have a board game fun time together!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

LOVE the hats. The ones you bought, not the first one! Ha!

I suck at math. Big time. Heaven help me when J is gone for 10 days in April. I can handle things just fine until math homework falls to me.

Farkle? Blokus? Board games? LURVE!!!