Sunday, January 10, 2010

10 on the 10th!



Holla!  It's that time again.  Since Mer is going "random", I am happy to follow suit.  Here, sans further ado are 10 random, and hopefully, little known facts about me.

1.  I was born with carrot-y red hair. 
2.  I have travelled to Mexico, Canada, Hawaii, and Europe, but have only been to the following in the lower 48:  WA, OR, ID, MT, NV,WY,CO,CA, AZ,NM, UT, TX, OK, KS, NE, SD, IA, MN, (?)MO--Kansas City, IL, CT, NY, NJ,NH, VT, MA, PA, DE, MD, VA, SC, GA, and FL
3.  I would have a daily massage if possible.  For at least an hour.  And then a facial.
4.  I wish I were kinder when interrupted.  Like. I wish I wouldn't wish people to go.away.right.now!  Terrible, isn't it?  Growth needed.
5.  One of my favorite songs from when I was little is Saturday in the Park, by Chicago.
6.  Another favorite is December 1963 (Oh, What a Night!), by the Four Seasons.
7.  Speaking of songs, I used to think small people were in the radio of our '71 Vega, making the songs come out right as my mom pushed the buttons.  Yeah...
8.  I lurve reading novels about the Low Country.
9.  I started a new reading blog.  :-o
10.  If I had one selfish wish, it'd be that my house was always kept up, so I could craft.  I use a lot of guilt, avoiding crafting, and not getting my house clean.  But you know what...I also spend a lot of time doing what a I love, with whom I love.  I have a great life.  Truly.

Thanks, Mer, for the bloggy fodder.  It's so fun to learn about you and others as we do this meme.
Photobucket

15 comments:

Mich said...

As always, I likey your list, a little more "know" of you.

The last one...I could have written myself. Oh, the guilt!

Hope you have a beautiful week!

Kendra said...

How did you manage to avoid Arkansas if you've been all over and around it?

You would remember Kansas City if you were on the Kansas side. The MO side is the FUN side!

Now I have two songs stuck in my head. Thank you very much (Oh what a night, late December 1963...)

I would love a big gigantic room for crafting and a button which stops time so I could spend that stopped time crafting and not squander it from my family. I guess when I'm an empty nester in about 20 years I'll have time to do nothing BUT craft! In the mean time I amass large amounts of yarn, material, and papers just waiting to be turned in to some lovely project.

Marla Taviano said...

I must be tired, because I'm looking at all those state abbreviations, and I just can't make myself mentally process which state corresponds with it.

Denise said...

I love you my friend.

Gretchen said...

Dear Marla,
Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Wyoming, Colorado, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Illinois, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.

love, Gretchen

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Oh to have a massage every day~wouldn't that just make the day a nicer one?

whimzie said...

That was so sweet to type out the states for tired Marla!

I can't see you as a red head. Which is weird to say since i've never actually "seen" you but I've seen pictures.

You and K on #6. I make fun of him whenever he sings it but secretly I love that song too. Shh. Do not tell him.

What is it about books about the Low Country that you love? I'm just interested.

Why can't the house just get clean and stay that way for Pete's sake? it's just so very daily! Cramps my style.

Bev said...

It's always such fun to come here, I love your 'what you see is what you get' approach - just the real Gretchen. Cracked me up that you thought little people were in the radio....

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Carrot orange hair? Really?

People singing from the radio? That's hysterical. Almost as funny as Pony Boy thinking that pop up campers (before they got popped up) were for "little people". Hoot.

Saturday in the Park? STILL one of my faves.

Fun list, G. I loved it.

Amber said...

What? You've never been to Arkansas?

We must change that. Pronto.

Lovey your list, Jewels. Lovey.

Gretchen said...

Wow! You only have 15 states to visit! Plenty-o time, girl!

Thanks, I now have Chicago floating thru my brain. ;)

O Mom said...

ONLY been to that many states? Thanks for spelling them out for us. :) I wish my house and chores were all done and kids all taken care of so I could just read, read, read!

Julie said...

Loved your 10~ Loved learning more about you...
You are ONE amazing woman!

xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Girl I nodded my head in agreement (and encouragement) to everything but the massage....gives me the heebie-jeebies just thinkin' bout it.

How come you haven't ever been to NC? I think you need to change that.

Just sayin'.

His Girl said...

daily massage? yes please.

interested in your reading blog... going to go scout out what I missed...