Tuesday, January 5, 2010

GladiTuesday!



10. Gladdy mc glad for a new year and clean slate of gladitudes on each GladiTuesday.

9. Glad to be learning discipline regarding exercise. Lord knows how I hate to sweat, or make any effort more than running to the refrigerator. Unfortunately, however, I find myself needing to be an example for "those people", and as I told Bev, yesterday...even though I won't ever be model-thin, I really want to be the fun grandma. IN.ABOUT.15-20.YEARS.

8. Gladdy Mcglad for my 6:00 a.m. coffee and b'fast with my friend, S. We have so little time to cultivate our friendship, so we make the ungodly hour work the most of our busy schedules.

7. Glad for new starts on spiritual growth here, and here.

6. Glad for new novels, both from the libarry and from Christmas giftation. I'm going to set a goal for 50 books this year (in addition to all 66 of the Bible-guffaw). My husband read 66, and logged all of them, and liked this process so much, he's doing it again. Now, I'm no Gretchen's Husband, and I don't have trips to China for copious readage. But I DO lurve to read, and perhaps with a goal in mind, I won't watch as many reruns as usual. I mean, a girl's GOTTA have her TV, but trust me--even a TV junkie like me has "dead spots" in her channel surfing day. If I get my act together, I'll be keeping track of my books in my side bar and might even do a book blog (akin to my friends' recipe blogs). Stay tuned.

5. Speaking of TV... which we kind of were...I am glad for my iPhone headphones, which plug into the elliptical or treadmill at my health club. Watching QVC (I know...Big is embarrassed for me)makes the time go by much quicker. Lucky for Big, I can't make purchases while walking or climbing. I'm too clumsy. I fear a head injury if I tried.

4. Glad we made it through my daughter's first post-Christmas break day of school. Monday's goal: getting through. Today, we'll work on getting through with a sparkly attitude. The boy goes back today, too. Smile when you write that...

3. I'm glad for times when I remember to be as gentle to myself as i can be to my friends. Case in point, I really "should" have made dinner Monday night. Should've pulled a magically tasty repast from the pantry. BUT...I didn't. I knew I would run out of energy, and based on that, I gave us a pass and we had Taco Bell. My husband would do things like that in a heartbeat sans the guilt. I need to learn from him.

2. Glad for goodnight kisses, and for reading whilst soaking in a warm bath, as soon as I put this on autopost.

1. Glad that in 10.5 short months, I'll be able to put up Christmas decorations again.

What maketh your gladitudes today?

Photobucket

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm making baby steps on the discipline front but baby steps are still steps in the right direction, right?

I decided to make a list of the books I read this year. I have friends who do that and I thought it might be fun to do. I haven't set a reading goal though because I don't even have a clue how many I normally read or what would be reasonable. You're right though. I learned during the reruns of the holidays that I don't have to sit in front of the TV just because it's night and the kids are in bed. I could use a lot of that time for reading when there's nothing worth watching on the tube.

Marla Taviano said...

I read a ton of books, and I'm a miserable failure when it comes to writing them down. How hard could it be, really? Can't do it.

I'm glad that there's an end in sight to this stomach bug, even if hubby and I did have a relapse last night/this morning/right now.

Carpool Queen said...

I feel like a failure amongst all my book reading friends, for I read cookbooks and light and fluffy.

And Hosea.

But I shall release the guilt because we're all different and that's what makes the world go 'round, can I get a holla?

PS - I'm glad you have a 6 a.m. coffee friend because that would free you up at 10 when I start rolling....

O Mom said...

Your words maketh me glad today.

giftation
sparkly attitude
magically tasty

I love the goal of reading that many books and writing them down. I want to do this and see how many books I do read anyway.....

Mich said...

Oh how I love to read, but time I don't seem to have enough of lately for the simple pleasure...but I love your goal. I may just have to make me some time, 'cause I'm jealous of all those books!!!

Tiffani said...

Love the gladdies today!

I, too, am praying for a least a hearty "like" of running. So far so good, except right now the South is in paranoia b/c of the freezing temps we're so unaccustomed to..and, um, I ain't running in freezing temps!

Love the book idea...MUST starting reading some good stuff soon! I miss it!

Unknown said...

I used to read SO much when I traveled to China on business. Like SO much. Now? I'm lucky to get in a few pages here and there. But I'm going to try! I'm looking forward to seeing what you read!

His Girl said...

I am so gladdie to have a cheerleader friend in you, Gretchen.

also, gladdie for the freedom to give myself grace from time to time.

and the right amount of guilt that keeps me from doing it everyday.

long live the balance!

Amber said...

Really? He logged them all?

I can't even get my husband to remember to put his dirty clothes in the hamper.

You are one blessed gal, Jewels.

Unknown said...

I'm glad that (even thought its supposed to be Wine wednesday/date night) that The Mister is snoring on the couch in my office.

I am glad that he has a job (even though he didn't get out of surgery until 7pm!) that he loves, and that doesn't keep often require late nights. Although sometimes tuckers him out.

I am glad for friends like you who will listen to me choose gratitude, although it might sound like complaining!

Unknown said...

Reading this post made me extra glad!

Going away with my husband for TWO WEEKS sans children makes me glad (and a little nervous....ok a LOT nervouse).

Glad that I got my Christmas stuff put away this week (although it did take two days....but my kids helped a LOT!)

Glad that I have such nice friends living in my computer.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

The treadmill/QVC thing CRACKED me up.

And didn't you love those pics of Bev sledding? SHE rocks.