

So, I did some very important work today...I removed the Halloween neckerchiefs from the hounds and sewed Fall/Thanksgiving neckerchiefs. And got started on a Christmas neckerchief, too. Because I'm sure I'm on my way to being a weird old lady with dozens of dogs and kleenex up the sleeve of my polyester jogging jacket. And, BTW, do.not.look.at all the clutter in the pictures!
Anyhoo...Been reading along in the Good Book. Finally finished Job. Thank goodness. What a downer! But of course I mean that in the most reverent way. God teaches that He gives and takes away, and who are we to question His sovereign plan. Nice to know that the Bible was written for the likes of me in mind: those who need things repeatedly repeated until the light goes on and I have some sense. Yep. Nevertheless, it's lovely to dive into the book of Psalms, though. If I've lost you, I started reading the Bible from page 1 in July. I know...some snails are faster than me. But I don't care.
Now...I'm thinking of Christmas...you know...just the planning stages. The church part and the rejoicing over Jesus is easy. The scheduling all this rejoicing and gladness without overscheduling takes a deft hand. Plus, I'm in a dessert theater musical at church, which I lurve. However, given the Saturday rehearsals from here on out and the actual (6!) performances during the first 2 weekends of December, I'm sort of thrown for a loop in terms of decorating, meal planning, and of course Christmas crafting and shopping. Can you tell I love this time of year? I do. The busyness can be challenging. I try very hard to find balance so I really appreciate Christ in the celebration. I don't always get it right and migraines ensue. But...it's still the "most wonderful time of the year" for me.
Also thinking of Thanksgiving. We're going to CO for a short, short time, given a wacky-good price on airline tix. So...even though staying a bit longer would be nice, we're dealing.
David is doing well in his school--thank you for your prayers over the last month or 2. What a blessing for this mother to see her son come out of school smiling. I thank God for His provision that we can send this boy where he needs to go and that he's finally t.h.r.i.v.i.n.g. What a long time in coming. God's perfect time.
Got to catch up with my friend Jean today as we raked leaves in the rain. It was totally fun. The rain glued the leaves together, so it really was quick work. And BTW, all work goes much smoothlier with a pumpkin spice latte. Just keepin' it real.
Oh, also--applause, please. I went for the second night this week to the health club with my children. We all exercised. It was a true and faithful act of God, because I have no love in my body for exercise and health clubs are insanely distasteful to my preferred sedentary self. However, we made it. I think we're going to (gulp/hyperventilate) try to make a Tue/Thur habit of going. To be honest, I'm thrilled that they're old enough to work out with me, both as an example (ha!) to them and as inspiration for me to keep healthy and spur them on toward healthy habits. Dang my mom for being skinny.
But lest you think that we embrace the healthy lifestyle in its entirety, I must confess that we picked up pizza on the way home from the club. Baby steps. Plus, we do a pizza night once a week. We just do. That's how we roll.
Okie dokey. Survivor's on in about an hour, so I'd better feed the laundry beasts of burden and go do mommy duty. SDG!
11 comments:
Colorado? Really? Denver?
You are so invited over for a cuppa tea!
Joanne
Ohh - I was going to say the same thing!
Happy Friday!
Your dogs are so cute! I'll have to post one of mine soon. She's almost 15, better do it before you know what...
Congratulations on working out. That's a great thing to do, not that I enjoy it mind you. But I like the feeling of accomplishment when I'm done. :)
Many sweet blessings!
Sounds like everything is going great with you these days!
I have actually startedmy Christmas shopping. The quicker I get it done, the better I am at relaxing and making Christ the center of everything.
Have a super weekend!!
Colorado, really?? *wink wink*
Kudos to you for going to the gym. I walked past my treadmill this morning and I swore he was crying and begging me to hop on. I kept on walking. ;)
you are sooo funny...your furry friends are too cute...especially the Dachsund...and IF I had one of those furry friends--they'd SO be wearing a cute little accessory as well!
Kudos to you for reading the Bible all the way...I've tried numerous times..most recently this summer and I stopped because I'd picked a plan that was in chronological order and I ended up just wanting to start in Genesis and go forward...so that's what I did and it's very slow as well..Because I felt the need to read in Hebrews and Romans for awhile..so I did.
Double Kudos for going to the gym. I too have to MAJORLY convince myself to workout...and I thinks it's wonderful your kiddos are with you...what a great way to spend time together!
Hope your weekend is FAB-O, Gretch! Just 3 after this one and hubs is H-O-M-E!!
I enjoyed this post sweetie.
You are the funniest person alive. The dogs. The poor Golden Retarded!
*Applause* - way to go!
I would have so rewarded myself with a pizza too. :) I am VERY much looking forward to the slice or two I get to eat tomorrow.
I think you're doing great actually getting out to the health club. We would have been rewarding ourselves with pizza just for planning to go.
Which is why we're in such stellar physical shape these days, lol.
Loved the kercheifs.
CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS!!!
Your posts always bring a smile to my face. You are a funny girl. My 2year old loved looking at your "puppy" (as he called him). Loved this random post - I learned so much.
I am glad that school is going so well for David! Proud of y'all for heading to the gym.
How fun that you are going to Co for Thanksgiving. Are you going to meet Meredith?
Post a Comment