Howdy! Better never than late, I always say...almost doing Gladitude Monday on a Tuesday...so, without further ado:
10. Glad for dinner-plate sized bright yellow maple leaves on my path as I walked the hounds today.
9. Glad I could walk sans wheezing today. Now, don't misunderstand--I'm still no lover of the exercise--but I know I (and the hounds) need it, and because of the "crud" and some reactive asthma, I literally haven't been walking for over a week. This doesn't make me feel guilty one bit for our geriatric Dachshund, but for our 2.5 year old Golden Retriever, my down time was quite the trauma. Every time I would go near a door, it was like I was yelling "Psyche!!!" to poor Annie. She just knew that one time the door would open and we would go out. Always the optimist.
8. Glad I was able to procure Drama Girl's costume for her suffrage play for under $12.00 at our own Value Village. Not so fortunate in finding my Christmas Carol costume, but all hope is not lost...I'm sure there are other 2nd hand stores in my future. BTW, DG's costume pieces are actually pretty cute--she can probably wear them as separates with the rest of her clothes.
7. Glad that David is making dinner tonight. I'm working with the kids on life-skills and making dinner is one of them. Sometimes, too, I know I'm the only one who goes through this , I feel a little abused underappreciated in the dinner making arena. Times like these call for folks to miss some of Mom's cookin' and make something tasty themselves. The parameters were that we had to have a balanced meal, with veggies. Tonight's fare: peanut butter and jelly/honey sandwiches with carrots, an apple, and milk. It's a start, anyway.
6. Glad for a Halloween care package dropped off by my sweet, sweet friend. Even on Halloween, I was feeling so puny and coughing so much that to see such a thoughtful gesture: wine, candy, and cute fall-ish note paper, was so dearly welcomed.
5. Glad I'm nearly finished with my first cap for the Save the Children's Knit One Save One campaign. You can learn more about it here. Thank you, Barb for the heads up on this one.
4. Glad that, even though my hubby is once again off to Asia, that he's still the cutest, awesom-est, kindest, most hardworking-est, greatest husband I could ask for. I am blessed, indeed.
3. Glad I got to go to a sweet baby shower for a friend having her 4th baby. This one is their first boy, so it was fun to make a dragonflies/forest quilt for his little body. Of course, not wanting to be overly prepared, I only finished up the quilt hours before the party. Right before church. Always on top of it. Don't even get me started on hunting for a gift bag, five minutes before we needed to leave...sigh...I know...
2. Glad for sunbreaks in the midst of our rain.
1. Glad for yet another chance to treat my body well by eating properly. Let's just say that a week of not feeling good leads to comfort eating. Throw in Halloween, and I'm up a pound. I'm sure it's just water weight. :)

SDG!
15 comments:
Well, I guess we're in the "no hubby" boat together...
Hope your progress in feeling better continues upward!
Kudos to you for molding self-sufficient adults in your house...I often remind myself of this when it's easier to take the abuse, er, pain of just doing things ourselves...and the meal sounded perfect to me!!!
#3 had me laughing as I am quite the procrastinator myself. I try to keep gift bags stocked in the house for such occasions, but it always seems like the gift is a little bit bigger than the bags I have on hand.
What, you mean there are folks out there that get projects done in advance instead of minutes before they have to go? Total showboats, I always say! (I'm a burn-the-midnight-oil, last minute kind of gal myself, lol).
I TOTALLY LOVE Value Village! I used to shop there all the time as a teenager!
Bless you dear friend.
I'm sorry your cold stuff is still hangin' around.
I love your Glatitude posts...and even if it was Tuesday, I'm sure I'd still love it!
*sigh* thought of you and your gladitude eightyeleven times today!
xoxoxo!
I blame mine on water weight too. Seriously.
What kind of costume do you have to have for your Christmas play?
And can you send a dinner-plate sized golden leaf my way? Sounds amazing.
Your humor is always such a delight. You actually finished the quilt and that sure counts, and youre one hat ahead of me on the Baby Knitting thing. Glad to hear youre feeling a bit better.
Drama Girl's Guest Comment:
Mama you make me laugh. I love your sense of humor and your way to stay positive. Keep on blogging
This is a GREAT list!!!!
Glad you're starting to feel a little bit better!
What's the point of finishing the gift before the day of the shower? When do those people blog? Life is about priorities, people.
Great list! It's one of my favorite things you do...even if you wait until almost Tuesday to do it! ;-)
That's a great list! We all have so much to be thankful for; it's worth spending time to remind ourselves of that. :)
Many sweet blessings!
HEY...I remember you! :-)
You know I can't complain about your post being a day late, now can I? :-)
Glad to see you're doing well. I've missed checking in on you...but it's ALL my fault. I've been a blogger slacker. But I'm playing catch-up today (trying to anyways)
Love ya!
I always look so forward to your Glatitude Mondays!! LOVE THEM!
I hope your husband is now home from Asia. So what did David make for dinner that night?
I will be back later today - off to pick my oldest up from school.
Post a Comment