Monday, November 10, 2008

Gladitude Monday

Howdy, howdy, howdy!



Time for some glad attitude for the week:



10. Glad that one of my bluddies (blogging buddies) has decided to preach again. The Dirty Shame is a fave of mine. I'm excited to get to know The Spoiled Priest, too. The chief thing that impresses me about John's writing and his voice is his lack of pretention and his touching transparency. This lack of pretention and transparency lead me to trust. Caint listen to a preacher if I caint trust 'im. I trust him...not because it's about John, but because it's about his leading me to God on my own path. Lurve.

9. Glad that my hubby got to go to a golf tourney in...S.h.a.n.g.h.a.i. Yep...He even saw "my other husband", Phil (Mickelson, that is), and since golf isn't as big in China as it is here, he got to be quite close to the players. The other gladdy thing about this is that I actually found this tournament on the golf channel, and DVRd the dang thing. We'll see if I can make Big out in the audience. He's white and he's big, so I have a good chance. :) Somehow seeing what he's doing, even if we're thousands of miles away, makes him feel closer. Weird, I know. Also weird: Phil doesn't know he's married to me. Same as Bart from Mercy Me. It's okay...Big is free to marry Cameron Diaz or Kristin Davis...I'm not bitter.

8. Glad that said Big will be home on Tue p.m. Just in time for Drama Girl's women's suffrage play on Wed. We'll try to give him a few Pepsis to see if he can make it till 8 p.m.

7. Glad that the kids and I enjoyed a game night on Saturday. Today, I was glad that David had an afternoon goofing off with his youth group leader and the rest of the 7th grade knuckleheads boys at the leader's home. I bet it just smelled like boy...Meanwhile, Drama and I went to lunch and then for ice cream. And didn't eat dinner! I figure with the tiny breakfast I had, all the shuckin' and jivin' I did at church for 3 hours, and not eating dinner, I broke a.l.m.o.s.t. even. Also, no glass of wine. But that pasta and ice cream with my best girl: worth it!

6. Glad that 2 people that God had brought to my church through me were baptized today. Hooray! I never thought I might be used in that way, and you know...I did so little. God did the rest. SDG!

5. Glad for answers to my theological questions. As a later-in-life believer, I'm thirsty and feel like I have to make up for lost time! I know I don't. I'm right where I need to be. But still. I get excited and things get in my craw, and I have to ask or I might combust. I have so many spiritual mentors which just bless my socks off. Thank You, God.

4. Glad it looks good for a transfer sooner than later for little Ashley.


3. Glad I have some extra apples. Time for some oatmeal, apple muffins, dontcha think? With whole wheat flour of course--and lots of butter. Oh, I kid. About the butter. I'll probably use a healthy spread. Oh, again I kid. A little bit of butter. There.

2. Glad I finished these for Knit One Save One. I am not a great knitter. I can knit, purl, increase, decrease, and cast on and off. That's it. These were so fun, and fairly quick--probably about 2-2.5 hours for each one for me. But I'm fairly new at this. I hope the little ones who wear these live long, prosper, and love Jesus.


1. Glad for eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart to receive. Blessings on your week!

SDG!!!



9 comments:

Denise said...

Very nice things to be glad about.

John said...

My Lord, I made the Glad Monday Ten. I'll walk a little straighter today, I will.

Thanks for the nod and the link. Continued mercies on you and your kin.

Grace,

Becky said...

As always, loved your list!

Those hats are darling. You got skillz, woman.

Loved your comment about finding Big in the crowd at the tourney, lol.

the voice of melody said...

What a great list of things to be thankful for, especially the baptisms of those two people.

Apple muffins? Yum. Will you share the recipe?

Many sweet blessings!

Suzanne said...

#9. LOL!

#8. Wanna see pics please.

#6. Too cool!

Your blog is a reason to love Mondays!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

As always, I loved your list.

Your comment about Big being white and big made me laugh out loud. As did the comment about the smell of boy. It's quite distinct isn't it? Not my favorite smell, but one I'm learning to live with!

Hope you have a great week, Gretchen!

Tiffani said...

I love reading these posts..I love the new warm bloggy layout..it looks so sweet I can almost smell it over here :)!

Jenster said...

Oooo! Ooooo!! I've got one!!!

Glad Gretchen is my very good bloggy friend because her posts - especially her Gladitude Mondays - ALWAYS make me smile and bless me in ways she'll never even know!!

I'm off to check out #10 and add to my Google Reader.

TAG - YOU'RE MY HERO!!

Jenn said...

I will have to check out John's blog!

Were you able to find your hubby in the crowd at the tourney? Jeremy and I went to the Byron Nelson in Dallas a few years back. It was so surreal to be that close to Tiger, Phil and others. Jeremy's favorite golfer is Phil.