Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Not EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas...

So as I was taking Annie for a walk the other day, I picked up a few fallen leaves. Sadly, most of our trees are bare (at least those w/o pine cones) now. I happen to think these are amazing, though...


Perspective!

Meow, meow, meow, anybody?

And while I'm at it...some mindless brain lint:
  • Who really cares what kind of puppy the Obama girls get? I say good for them, and let's move on. It's.not.news.
  • I actually do have coverage of Big in the Shanghai golf tourney. There's marvelous footage of the lower 1/2 of his shirt to his knees as he walked by my other husband Phil.
  • We now have our headlights on most of the day in the PacNW. Usually we're fine w/o them between 11 a.m. 1 p.m. Time for my sun lamp!
  • And lastly...sometimes the idea of doing things is much better than the effort poured forth on their behalf. E.g. putting away and taking out decorations, doing laundry, mopping the floor. Just keepin' it real. I really, really, really wish that my need for a sense of accomplishment trumped my creative vision of having it done already. Anyone feel me?

18 comments:

the voice of melody said...

Those leaves are beautiful! And huge, and... cat-shaped? Only God could think of things like that! :)

Jenster said...

Wicked awesome humongous leaves!!!

You need to transfer the footage of Big to a DVD for posterity. And for Phil, too. :o)

Oh yeah. I'm feeling ya big time!

Shanda said...

I'm feeling ya sister! Love the leaves!

Becky said...

My grandma would have LOOOVED you. She was a lifelong Washingtonian and loved those big leaves. In fact, every year she used to send me a big packet of dried, pressed ones (which she pressed in her phone book, lol) in several colors.

Love the new look of your blog, too.

Jenn said...

Hi Gretchen! Just wanted to stop by and say hello! I hope to be back to blogging Thurs. or Fri. Life is good - just full so computer time has gone out the window. Looking forward to catching up up with your blog soon. Have a great evening! Hugs!

Denise said...

Those leaves are gorgeous, like you. I love you.

Adventures of Laura said...

I thought those leaves were gorgeous and THEN I saw the photo with the ruler - WOW!! I don't think I've ever seen leaves that big. Thanks for sharing!

(And I'm with you on the puppy thing...big deal)

Jackie said...

Whoa...those are huge! I look out my kitchen window at our tiny little tree that is slowly turning red and wish I was surrounded by this fall beauty like you are. Enjoy it, sister!

His Girl said...

a) beautiful leaves and
b) TOTALLY pickin' up what you're puttin' down!

Tiffani said...

Are you kidding me??? I SO feel you!!!

And those leaves...well if I'd seen them in person I'm almost certain I would've cried...I just 'bout did by looking at the pics...BEAUTY!!

On a totally separate note...I had a dream about you last night!!!! Are you ready for this??? You were talking to me via webcam and you had this delightful european accent..it wasn't quite English but I wanted to be near you so badly in the dream??!!! Once you started talking to me, I remember saying "I just wanna be there to give you a hug"!

Is that not the strangest thing??? I am sure you are as delightful, warm and welcoming in real life--er, minus the accent, of course... :)

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

If I sent you five bucks, would you send me some of those kick ass leaves?

Please please please?????

Unknown said...

These leaves are amazing. I mean I have never seen something so big.

I misssss soooooo much fall in the colder climates. Missing snow so very much right now. It will be in the 90's this weekend. Say what? It is almost Thanksgiving.

The photo of the leaves took me back.... Thank you.

Denise said...

Come by, I have an award for you sweetie.

Cheryl Wray said...

Those leaves are GORGEOUS!!!!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Beautiful leaves!!! loved you "mindless" thoughts too. Very funny

Unknown said...

Now THOSE are some LEAVES!

Jenn said...

Wow amazing leaves! In Texas we have nothing like that at all. Our color change is basically green to dead. :o(

You answered my question in the post that you saw Big on the DVR! How fun.

My Phil is Ben Affleck. ;o)

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

Um, hello. It's been a week since you posted last. I better see a bitchin' craft photo of your fabulous leaves. Maybe you doing a re-enactment of Adam and Eve? I miss my Gretchen. We all do. Oh, that thing about no pressure? Fuck that. Write!!!!!!!!!!!