Saturday, September 27, 2008

See? It wasn't long...

Friends, I am in a valley right now. Very much so, in fact. There are some hard things that we're facing as a family, but gratefully, we face them together, as a family. That much we have. And God. Yes, sweet, Abba Father God. I don't know how much I'll be blogging, but these few verses were such a comfort to me, and for this time, at least, they are my life verses. Much better than the 1/3 of a pizza, 3 pcs of crazy bread, glass of rootbeer, glass of wine and cookie dough with which I doused the flames yesterday. I just had to share them. May they be of comfort to you, as well, if you're struggling. And if you're in a good place-amen! May they remind you that it's He who deserves the praise.

2 Samuel 22:31-33

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the
LORD is flawless.
He is a shield for all
who take refuge in him. For
who is God besides the LORD? And who
is the Rock except for our God?
It is God who arms tme with
strengthand makes my way perfect."

Soli Deo Gloria!


12 comments:

Suzanne said...

So glad to see you back! Raising kids, marriage and life in general is so difficult sometimes. I am constantly having to remind myself that all things do really work together for good. Thankfully, we have our faith to pull us through those times.

Hugs my friend. Know that I am praying for you and hope you are on the moutaintop again soon!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Oh, friend, I'm sorry you're journeying through the low places right now. I'm praying that God will continue to encourage and comfort you with His Words of life and hope and peace.

Jenster said...

Hello friend,

I'm sorry about the valley you're in, but joyful you know how to get out. And check out all the friends who are here to help you through!

God is good ALL THE TIME!

Kelly said...

So sorry you're facing some trials right now, but love knowing you are looking to the right Source for comfort. You will always be safe in His embrace.

Praying you feel His love and comfort no matter what you face, and that all is better in your family's life very soon.

Praying for you.

Lalycairn said...

Hoping and praying for your climb "out". God IS faithful, even when it seems that He has gone missing. Thank you for your blog.

His Girl said...

a) yes, it WAS that long. I missed you.
b) sorry to hear about the rough patch. you are more than welcome to join me on my pretend escape. adding you to my prayers this exact minute
c) great verse. GREAT. glad you are back.

Julie said...

Dear sweet Gretchen,
First let me say thank you for visiting my blog and your sweet words. You have no idea how much you bless me.

Second let me say that I am so happy to see you!!! I've checked her every time I'm on blogworld to see if you have returned.

Third let me say that I am so sorry for your struggles. I know God is there in your midst. I know He will reveal Himself to you. AND carry you close to His heart.

Fourth, I love that verse!

Let me know if I can encourage or pray for you.
Hugs,
Julie

Susie Q said...

Sweet friend...you will be in my prayers. You are one of the most amazinbg ladies I have ever known.
God is there with you...we are all there with you...hold tight. you will get back up that hill.

Love to you,
Sue

Tracy said...

I hate those valleys....but at the same time I am so thankful for them....afterwards of'course;o} I know that God is in the valleys as well as on the mountaintops.

Unknown said...

Oh, girlie, I'm feelin' ya' on this one. It seems like once I'm (rarely) at peace in my life, my friends go through times like these. I just hate it!

I'll toss these your way: Psalm 3:3, Psalm 4:8, Psalm 69, and Zephaniah 3:17.

I've been thinking a lot about your kiddos, esp. David. Hope the school thing is positive this year!

Just remember you're not alone. Your "bluddies" love you and are here for you whenever you pop on, and sweet Jesus can go places with you that no one else can. Take care, and hang in there!

**BIG SMOOCHES!!**

p.s. -- Thx for loving me despite my ridiculous political ranting and raving! haha!!

Jackie said...

Praying for you now, my friend.

And welcome back. :)

Jenn said...

Happy you are back- I miss ya! I am so sad to hear that you are in a hard place right now. Please know that I will be praying for you and your family as God brings you to my heart. Thank you for sharing the verses with us - what a comfort. Sending hugs from Texas!