Monday, September 8, 2008

Gladitude Monday

Howdy, howdy, howdy! Time for a Monday dose of Gladitude. I don't know about you, but an attitude of gladness and gratitude are most challenging for me on a Monday morning, and that makes them most important to find and cultivate at that time.

Without further ado:

10. OH-MY-GOSH! Have I told anyone lately how much I luuuurrve September in Western WA? Blue skies. Both mountain ranges in view. S.p.e.c.t.a.c.u.l.a.r. drive in to take my children to school this a.m.

9. Speaking of driving my children...this year's commute, though very close in distance to last year's, is not nearly as stressful. I've found a route where (so far, so good) the traffic flows and I'm not on the highway. Can I have an amen?

8. Very glad that we're done with the first few days of school. The dust is b.e.g.i.n.n.i.n.g. to settle, and we're developing a routine again.

7. Glad that my huge training walks are over because we're winding down to have energy and stamina for the "big event" this Fri-Sat-Sun. Because here's a huge, surprising, and secret insight into my personality: I don't like to exercise. Doing less instead of more? Me likey.

6. Glad Big and I had a lunch date last Thur, and will do so again this Thur. I enjoy having something to look forward to on my schedule.

5. Glad I saw a couple of neighbors on today's little doggy walk--I hadn't caught up with them much over the summer, so it was fun to pause and chat.

4. Glad to begin rehearsals for our Christmas play next week. In fact, today, I go and find out which parts Drama Girl and I received. We know we'll at least get something, which is nice--it's a matter of how big a part, and whether solos are involved. DG already found out that one of her friends who was also a competitor for the role she wanted got that particular role. I was so proud of her, though. She congratulated the fellow competitor, and is eagerly anticipating whatever God has for her to do. So big.

3. Glad I got some inexpensive, but blooming burgundy mums for the pots outside my front door. They cheer me as they welcome fall and brighten our entrance.

2. Glad I know what I'm serving for dinner tonight--believe me, that's a victory. :) BTW: yellow spaghetti.

1. Glad I bought and have read nearly 90% of Living Simply, by Joanne Heim. Super enjoyable, conversational, and full of great ideas. Very calming read.


Blessings on your week!!!!

11 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, that makes me MISS seeing those mountains!

And that Living Simply book sounds good. I'll have to look that one up when the dust settles around here. ;)

Jenster said...

10 - Sounds absolutely divine.

9 - AMEN!

8 - Another Amen!

7 - I can't believe it's almost upon you!! Can't wait to hear all about it. :o)

6 - That's very nice. Todd and I need to get into some kind of similar schedule now that he's working from home.

5 - Isn't it great to have enjoyable neighbors??

4 - DG rocks!! Looking forward to hearing the news!

3 - I love mums. They make fall so much better.

2 - I heard that!!

1 - Hm. Another book I must purchase AND read.

Denise said...

Such great things to be grateful for sweetie. Thank you so much for leaving comments on all of my posts today, you are precious. I love you.

Julie said...

Sounds like you're having a blessed week already...

Now what is yellow spagghetti????

Hugs,
julie

Tracy said...

Good post-we really aren't thankful enough for all of our blessings-health especially! I am thankful I am healthy! I have healthy children and my hubby is healthy too(except for his bp-;o] but we are working on that!)

But I really do I hate Mondays! Just because the weekends seems so short lately!

Suzanne said...

"Glad I know what I'm serving for dinner tonight--believe me, that's a victory." LOL...I SO understand that. I couldn't decide tonight, so we've ordered chinese takeout.

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

You're so sweet!

And because I was out speaking yesterday, today is my Monday. Gotta go plan those menus cause I have NO IDEA WHAT'S FOR DINNER!

Joanne

Stacey,momof 2 said...

What a awesome blog!!!
I found you via, Shannon@ Rocks in my Dryer, who wrote a post on the Parenting.com blog---
I also live in the great Northwest-- although I am south of you-- (Eugene)
Anyway... I love your humor and attention to God, naps and your family!
(I can't spell, but I want to ~!)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

So Gretchen, what exactly is yellow spaghetti??

Glad your week started off great! Glad your training is winding down. Mine too. The last hike before the "big one" is today. I'll be praying for you this weekend!

Susie Q said...

It sounds so beautiful to be in your part of the world...: ) We were in WA a few years ago and I loved it.

Wow! Christmas play rehearsals! Time surely flies doesn't it? : )

I am so glad youhave those lunch dates. Such sweet moments!

And I am *glad* I am getting back to more regular blogging and visiting sweet, wonderful you!

Love,
Sue

Jenn said...

Gladitude Mondays make me smile (even though I am a week behind).

This week in the DFW area we are experincing Fall weather - so exciting as fall is my favorite season (with Spring close behind).

I will have to check out Living Simply. I have been to Joanne's blog a couple of times- I will have to visit again.

What is yellow spaghetti?