Sunday, September 28, 2008

Quirks: A meme

I was tagged about 800 years ago by Laura to do this meme about quirks. I found it incredibly difficult to find only six quirks because I'm so "normal" and "trend setting". However, here you go.


Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six fellow bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the six blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

Quirk 1: I have a drinking schedule to my day that I typically follow.

  1. coffee in the a.m.
  2. water throughout the day and at lunch
  3. Diet coke in the afternoon (or at lunch at times)
  4. tea at nap time (if I get a nap)
  5. water for dinner
  6. occasional not often enough glass of white wine at about 7
  7. herbal "bedtime" tea for, oddly enough, bed time.

Quirk 2: I'm hypersensitive to noise and don't filter well. However, I like to sing in choir, in worship team and to the blasting radio. My biggest problems are conflicting noise (e.g. instruments tuning all at once and people talking over the din), noise while reading blogs (you know who you are, and I love you, but I turn my sound OFF), and sudden loud noises.

Quirk 3: I love being the Shell Answer Man. Truly. Yes, this is a prideful quirk. So I'll just leave it right like that.

Quirk 4: Big's favorite (NOT)...I heart watching QVC. I do. I know...you're all seeing l.o.s.e.r. stamped across my forehead, but I don't even buy that often. It's for company. It all started with Big's travel. He'd be gone all the time except for weekends, and before kids, I was lonely. Gosh, as I type, I realize how pathetic this sounds!!! Oh, well. I'm outed now. And...I can go months without doing a Q-check, and then I'm watching/having it on for background. Kinda funny for a quirky chick who can't stand noise, huh! :)

Quirk 5: S4J can relate to this one...I'm a craft hoarder. Big time. I have more fabric than I'll ever make quilts from. More scrapbooking supplies than I'll ever use. I know it's time to get rid of it all. Maybe this isn't a quirk so much as a state of arrested development: poor kid gets enough money to buy herself things, and she needs to keep buying because she never knows when she just might be poor again. Ah, mental health. It's a glorious thing. I hear that to be the case, anyway...

Quirk 6: I'm an extrovert who needs a lot of time to myself to regroup and re-energize. You would not know this to know me. But I've never lost the need for my own space--it's as if the only child in me really needs that "room of her own". I think that's one reason I don't respond well to my "little interrupters". It's not an excuse--I know that. But, it's a quirk.

Okay...well after airing my dirty laundry all this sharing, I'd like to take the pressure off myself and give it to you. Anyone who would like to play is welcome. Thanks for your patience, Laura. :)

Soli Deo Gloria

3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

#4 made me laugh out loud, Gretchen.

I can totally relate to #5, and especially #6.

Jenster said...

1 - You're like a baby with a drinking schedule. :o)

2 - I don't like unnecessary or discordant noise, either

3 - Heehee. I know lots of stuff. Unfortunately it's all trivial and nobody cares.

4 - You know they're headquartered about an hour from my house. Just sayin'...

5 - I need to make a Joanne's run for some quilting fabric.

6 - I totally, totally, TOTALLY get this one! ME TOO!!

Jenn said...

I enjoyed reading your quirks! It is fun learning more about you. Glad you are back. Have a great day! :o)