Howdy!
Time for another Bloggy Shout! Annie's Blog! This blog is perhaps closest to my heart because there would be no blog without the tragedy that occured on Jan. 21, 2006.
My friend Jean is a wonderful mother of s.e.v.e.n. children. And I can attest to the fact that her hair and makeup are fresh and fixed every time I see her. We won't speak of my personal appearance. Jean, and her husband Bill, a former pastor of ours, are members of our church, and up until 5.5 years ago, had 6 children. They also had witnessed a full-on miracle in their lives. You can read more about it here, but suffice to say, that Bill lived through a disease process which should have killed him, and almost did.
Fast forward a few year to a new baby. A new start. A fresh testimony of the Lord's abundant love.
Then, fast forward to an unknown (at the time) disease which caused massive seizures and respiratory arrest in a three year, nine month old princess. Princess Annie.
Bill and Jean, and their amazing family had to wait.and.see. for 52 days at Children's Hospital to see if Annie would live, and if she lived, how she would function--if at all. First phone calls and prayer requests were grave. Time at home, therapies at home, hospital visits, and new medical jargon overwhelmed and overtaxed these parents and siblings. But God was there. Experimental drugs and/or diets have been tried. And discarded. And God was there. Seizures have been many, many an hour, and none at all. And God was there.
At this point, Annie is still receiving therapies, and has a nurse at her school because she is medically fragile. She's relearning to eat and walk and talk. All things princesses should be able to do. Praise God, she's been seizure free for about 2 months. But...what happens when something like this strikes a family? And God is there? I'll tell you.
Pain.
Angst.
Sadness.
Weariness beyond measure.
and...
the most faith I've ever seen displayed in my life. Praise for Him whether good days or bad. Realizing that there may be new definitions of good days. And bad. Realizing that as they mourn the loss of the "old" Annie, God has given them a "new" Annie. The Annie that He always knew about. The one that He loves just as much as the old one.
Lest you think that Jean is some high and mighty "christian" writer, let me tell you that the other reason her blog touches my heart is that she's so authentic, so transparent, and so real. I'm blessed to call her, "friend."
Go now, and be blessed.
11 comments:
Such a wonderful shout out to your dear friend sweetie. I love you.
WOW!! What a wonderful story. I am going to check it out.
God is good...all the time!
Wow...I have met so many people through blogs and some of the stories you read will truly break your heart and then bless it at the same time.
Can I just say what Tracy said?
Wonderful, and special post~
rich with emotion, and prayers for a positive future!
Come by my blog, there are two awards for you.
That's beautiful!
It seems that few things speak quite so loudly to the hearts of others than those who have walked through a difficult trial...victoriously because of their faith and trust in the Lord.
Beautiful.
Hi Gretchen - I tagged you for a post on my blog, so if you feel like playing along, I'd love it! Hope you're having an excellent weekend!
Well, seeing as how just your shout out made me weepy, I'm going to have to put "Annie" in my cue for when I am not completely crazy! Can't wait to hear about your walk!
Ok,now that was just a super cool post! What a great friend you are! Thanks for sharing.
Just in your shout out you can see what an amazing family they are. I loved your sentence (paraphrasing) that through it all - good and bad - God is there. Saying a prayer for them now. Thanks for sharing about Annie and her family.
Post a Comment