Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Bloggy Shout: A Chelsea Morning

I thought that it would be nice to remember and share why I enjoy the blogs which are displayed in my sidebar. These aren't the only blogs I love, but are the most consistent ones I read. Sometimes it's fun to meet new folks, so every-so-often (see how I'm giving myself the wiggle room of not committing to a specific time-frame??? Smart, huh!), I'll be giving a Bloggy Shout to those folks in my sidebar.

Many of you know Barb, at A Chelsea Morning. I call her Barbtha in emails and in most of my comments because she's a "Martha Stewart for real folks with real budgets". I luurrrve her tutorials for her delish meals and amazing craft projects. Plus, I adore how much she gets a kick out of being a grandma. Excuse me, a nana. :) Honestly, she's one of the most refreshing women I've had the chance to "meet." Also, she's old enough to be my big sister. I don't say this to make anything of our ages except this: I think women need girlfriends of all ages. We need the toe to toe contact, if you will, of same aged peers, but oh.my.gosh.what.a.comfort.it.is. to hear from someone else that "this too shall pass."

Other quick thoughts about Barb? Her blog is named after her sweet dog, Chelsea. Chelsea can be found working really hard to take care of Avery and Cameron, Barb's little grandchildren. Also, she loves to read, and lives in western CO. And lastly, she's part of a blogging dynasty family, and they're all terrific, too.

If you're not already visiting her site, I encourage you to go and be blessed.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Such a sweet tribute, bless you dear one.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Yep...Barb is one of my favorites too! She's amazing.

Jackie said...

Great idea, giving a bloggy shout-out. :) I am heading over to check her out!

Nise' said...

You are so right!! We need friends of all ages, our lives are enriched if we do. Barb is on my must read list.

Susie Q said...

What a wonderful tribute dear heart. I will run right over to day hello!


Love,
Sue

Jenn said...

I loved reading about your bloggy friend Barb. I will have to visit her blog once I am caught up here.