Not sure why I'm sharing my thoughts...maybe it's best not to...though that doesn't appear to be how I roll...I've been thinking and praying...praying and thinking...and sitting in the stillness.
- I'm excited for school to begin for my children. But I will miss them. And I will miss the quiet. Lord, help me to find a quiet place to be with You each day. And quiet my oft-anxious heart. Give us your peace as we go our separate ways, I pray.
- I'm thinking about working again. As a speech therapist or as anything. Lord, give me clarity of thought, that I may seek You to fill and to fulfill, and that if it be Your will for me to work, that You would provide the job and the circumstance which is where You would have me work--doing what You would have me do.
- I've recently started reading and more recently, sharing a book in a bible study with one close friend. The book is magnificent in pointing my heart back to God as my source of purpose and significance. But reading brings with it a painful reality of where I am, and where I want to be in recognizing my self worth and faith in the Living God. Lord, thank You for friends who walk shoulder to shoulder with us. Thank You for loving me extravagantly and for waiting for me to seek You and do Your will. Help me to obey You by acting upon those truths You give. Not just thinking that they're true for someone else...someone truly worthy and bright. Help me to remember that I am worthy and blameless in Your eyes, thanks to the death and resurrection of Your Son.
- I have a lot of ideas of how I'd like to arrange my home and spend my "free" time. But often, I give up before trying any of them because I'm afraid that they won't work out or that I won't like them. Lord, again, I seek you to quiet my heart, and help me to walk boldly and without fear. And when I am afraid, help me to take baby steps because of my safety in You. Whom shall I fear? No one. For You will never leave nor forsake me. Even.if.I.fail. Hallelujah, what a savior.
- Lord, thank You for the cycles and seasons in life. Help me to embrace all that is in Your will for me today and to not fret about tomorrow.
In Jesus' name. Amen.
14 comments:
I needed to read this today. Because I had ALL sorts of unworthy thoughts as I tried on exercise clothing in the sporting goods store. And despaired. And ranted. And maybe spiralled into a deep dark place that could only be soothed with a Twix bar that I didn't need but somehow thought would lighten the darkness.
We are so alike, you and I.
Such very GOOD things to be thinking and praying about...and yet heavy too.
Love that you are sharing your thoughts...would love to sit together and talk more about them...we need another phone date!
Amen. I always feel like I am right there praying along with you.
School has already started for us; but this has seemed the fastest summer ever (because we were gone so much.) School is off and running and all is well. I am at peace about the kids classes and teachers. Amazingly so. This has been my least stressful start to school so far. The way we are all just rolling with it so calmly has been surprising.
I haven't had time to really "think" yet; but I'm longing to. I have all kinds of things that it seems I've shoved into the corner of my mind to process later...many that are heavy as well.
I will be praying for you to have a clear sense of direction and focus and peace as I pray for my own.
*HUGS!*
This must have been the week of heavy thinking and soul searching, for i did quite a bit of it myself.
May you find peace with your rambling thoughts and know you are not alone with them.
Amen!
Praying your sickie girl feels better soon. Nothing worse than being sick on vacation. Boo!
I will be praying for you sweetie.
It's hard not to fret, but I'm learning that is what God is for - to take our troubles from us. I know you get that already, but from one anxious soul to another...
I'm a worrier. There, I said it. And it's so good to hear these words that encourage me, as well, to go to the place that will quench my thirst. Only He can satisfy, I just need to HOLD.ON.TIGHT.
Love your spirit and heart. I'll be lifting your name to the Father.
I so love how you share with us...you and I do think alike on so many things. Now, don;t let that scare you! *laugh*
Poor sick sweet girl. I hope she is better now. Enjoy these days together...
Have a sweet weekend!
Love,
Sue
I love this.
Because I love that you are making Jesus the center of all these very thinky things. I have a bad habit of forgetting to consult with Him, and we all know how those situations end up.
thanks for sharing your thoughts! I cant wait to hear what comes from this new season. Lord bless you!
So nice to "meet" you and thank you for visiting my blog. It's been such a treat to read your thoughts and visit your special online place. Blessings...
Every single thing you write blesses me. Every.single.thing. But this post is especially convicting and I thank you for it. And I thank God for you who "walk[s] shoulder to shoulder with [me]."
Lord, again, I seek you to quiet my heart, and help me to walk boldly and without fear. And when I am afraid, help me to take baby steps because of my safety in You. Whom shall I fear? No one. For You will never leave nor forsake me. Even.if.I.fail. Hallelujah, what a savior.
amen and amen.
chica, you're such an encouragement :)
Post a Comment