Monday, August 24, 2009

Gladitude

Okay...this Sunday night, as I prepare for Monday's gladdies, I'm just not feeling it. Oh, I could muster thru and come up with something fairly recycled. And I'm glad for my family, my faith, and my life, truly. This is not to minimize that. But my zest for all things glad needs a reboot. And since I often "get by with a little help from my friends", I'm going to ask all who read and/or comment to serve up a piece of gladdisimus for me this week. So, please, if you wouldn't mind...bless me by sharing something which makes your heart sing. Anything at all. One something...10 somethings. Doesn't matter. I'm just tired this week, and will be back to your regularly scheduled gladation next week. Lurve all y'all.

Photobucket

15 comments:

Mich said...

Oh sweet friend, come visit my blog today, I have the best phrase ever... better than breathing!!!

I know how you feel, so God sent me a little gift yesterday that i had to pass along.

I'm glad for bloggy buddies like you...

Shanda said...

We all have times when we just aren't "feelin' it" don't we?!

I'm glad that we can be real with one another and not "fake it to make it" and thus hide our true selves.

Also glad for God's grace, mercy & love to bring us through.

I am especially gladdy mcglad that my older two are back to school! I was so ready to get back into a schedule and as it turns out; they were too!

Glad that my hubby has hopes of his job shifting a bit to make things better all around without having to change jobs completely!

Yeah...not as good as it as you are!! But there you go!

*HUGS!*

Carpool Queen said...

I'm glad

1. For inspiration to step out and make it happen.

2. That my morning workout is over.

3. For coffee served in bed.

4. For an upcoming school break.

5. For the shells on my kitchen window.

6. For a special friend in Washington that inspires me with her servant heart.

7. For Clooney.

8. For lunch with friends.

9. For hair that's finally long enough to pull into a ponytail.

10. For laughter. It is the best medicine.

the wild raspberry said...

i feel extra blessed this day by my wonderful family**
have a great week~
chasity

Cathy said...

I'm glad for you!

Becky said...

Here are my gladdy McGladditudes:

1. That fall is on the way, and I can resume cooler-weather past-times.

2. That my vacation included a little stop-off for Coffee in Borders Books with a wonderful friend I'm so blessed to know.

3. That I'm not babysitting this school year so Judah and I can have adventures and the time to do things that I've wanted to get done since we moved in.

4. For good health.

5. For God's Mercy and Grace.

6. For the healing that seems to be taking place in my life in recent weeks with regard to old wounds.

7. For the boys sports season and all the games I'll get to watch this year.

8. For the ability to chat on FB with my sister in Japan.

9. For the love of a good man.

10. For a fresh new school year ahead of us.

Amber said...

I'm gladdie for sunshine minus humidity.

And little hands holding mine.

And friends that "get me."

And always, I'm gladaciously glad for you, Jewels.

Unknown said...

I am glad...

10. That I have a quiet house for a few more minutes.

9. That a big decision for our family has been made and we feel at peace.

8. That I feel that my love tank is very full right now.

7. That I have sweet friends (like you) who accept me as I am, ugly parts and all.

6. That I know someone else who gets "thinky and quiet" and isn't afraid to say it....

5. That I am healthy and well.

4. I am glad that I have Jesus, from whom I cannot hide, and encourages me to daily live in Truth.

3. I am glad for Crystal Light Raspberry Green tea.

2. I am glad for my new Starbucks cup from Pikes Market.

1. I am glad that you asked us to do this exercise...it helped me to see the good things in this crazy day!

Denise said...

Your friendship blesses my heart, love you.

Tracey said...

I am glad that God loves me even when I am down on myself. I am glad that He is patient with me when I don't seem to understand the lesson I need to learn. Thanks for this opportunity to realize and vocalize that! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm late to the party but I just have to say that I'm so very glad for you. That's all I can type without crying.

Jenster said...

I'm glad for music of all types, but especially beautiful classical music because it can move me to tears and gives me the teensiest glimpse of God's glory.

And I'm glad for friends (read "Gretchen") who encourage me and show me God' love.

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

1. Yuban coffee on a cold winter day in front of the fire.

2. Christmas. Lights, twinkle, sparkle, kids laughing.

3. Old photographs of people in black and white. They are still and can't fuck with me!

4. Good books.

5. A Bible verse from Paul that sounds like he is speaking right to me.

6. My son walking in after I just cleaned the kitchen, exclaiming "Mommy, how did the maid get here so quick and then vanish????"

7. My husband and my 9 year anniversary TODAY! Hooray!

8. Kids starting school.

9. That we're not Ted Kennedy as of yesterday.

10. That even if we were Ted Kennedy as of yesterday, we'd be at peace with God.

11. Re: #10 --- OH MY GOD, I"M ONE OF THOSE WACKY CHRISTIANS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His Girl said...

1. glad that I'm late to the party, but know I'm still welcome.
2. glad to read Andrea's gladitudes.
3. glad for whidbey memories
3. glad that you'll understand that I am doing a short list so i can catch up on blogs....

Unknown said...

I know this is coming a little late, but something that makes such a huge difference in my life is that someone remembered me and called/texted/emailed to let me know. Being remembered is humbling and comforting to me. :)