*The coffee is brewing.
*The sun is shining.
*My dog has finshed vomiting up her last sock, I believe. One yesterday, one today. Good morning. Glad that gagging sound is an alert to "getoutsideNOW".
*Had a great convo with Big today despite numerous "can you hear me now?" interruptions.
*I'm get to meet Cathy today!!! And we're meeting here. Because coffee isn't coffee without the promise of some homemade gelato or ice cream as a chaser.
*My son's school shopping was...dare I say...nearly pleasurable. We bought 4 pairs of jeans--1 with a bit of distress,even, and 1 g.r.a.y. pair. Fancy. We also bought 2 superhero shirts. Because sometimes you just need to bring forth your inner Iron Man.
*The coffee is brewed.
*I'm having my coffee in an old Victoria, BC Canada mug, which I had purchased for my mom in 1997, when Big and I were visiting the NW, b/c we were "never likely to live there". Nice to know that even though she's long in heaven now, we're sorta sharing a cup of coffee together. Without the ciggies.
*J. knows I don't care for black fingernails. Her first clue was prolly when I started calling her "goth girl". So she's doing a French mani of sorts with purple main nail color and black tips.
*Thankful that God is merciful and powerful, and I don't know how or why He is lifting me from this funk, but for this moment, He is. And i thank Him. And you for praying and for being there.
12 comments:
Your list made me smile...
So excited for coffee and for CATHY and for the Lifter of your head and for convos with Big and shopping trips with kids...
lurve you, muchly!
Your coffee and perhaps gelato is just what the doctor ordered.
And I'm proud of you for completing the shopping experience without going postal.
Proud, indeed, said the mom who just bought a Lego Batman tshirt for her boys.
So glad that He is lifting your head and blessing you with gelato, coffee, good friends, and quality time with your kids!!
Gretch,
I always kick myself for not having enough time to stop by your place.
You are a hoot. I always smile. I am always encouraged. I always see an authentic child of God, living life. Thank you.
Happy TT.
Woo Hoo, I am doing the happy dance. I love you.
gladdy gladdy glad glad for these posts.
smiling.
I had to chuckle about the dog.
Why must he return to his vomit, er, I mean socks, again and again, lol?
Glad you're being lifted out of the funk. Brings to mind Psalm 40...the funk being the mud and the mire. God is putting a new song in your mouth...a hymn of praise to our God. WooHOO!
Hugs
I love, love your transparency because thats all that ever encourages anyone else, not our pretending to completely have our acts together, but that we dont and its not terminal, can be covered with grace instead. Outdoor time, exercise, getting with others, filling others needs - you know it all, but I myself can use the reminder so maybe you can too. oxoxox
Love this list.
Because it really is in all the little things that bring out the smiles.
And still coveting mightily your MIRL with Cat-a-Lac. Love her.
Glad you found your McGladdies. You always do.
Lovely post. Really lovely!
Post a Comment