So, thank you, thank you, thank you for all the lurvely gladdy comments on me gladitudes w/o gladitude post. You have filled my tank. My precious God has lifted my head thru these. And I've needed a head-lifter. For I've been standing on the edge of the cliff of depression and looking down, sometimes losing my footing and falling in, and scrambling back up to the top. It's an all too familiar place. And I hate it. I hate that sometimes I can see a trigger and be prepared and sometimes I can't. I hate the helplessness. But as much as I fight the shame that is inherent in depression...As much as I want to hide...I won't. Not too much anyway--well, I am a prideful human, after all. But it's not my fault. Any more than a chronic physical illness is anyone's fault. I have a few tricks in my bag to follow through with, to see if I can avoid some meds. But if I need them, I need them. Bear with me while I get my bearings, won't you? And thank you for your prayers. And comments. And phone calls. And twitlove. Because it matters. And helps. And soothes. And though it may not cure what ails me, it's part of the burden-lifting that I believe Jesus speaks to in Matthew 11:28-30.
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Today...He is the lifter of my head.
Today...I will be grateful for each moment, even the hard ones. Because they are part of my story. And I will walk in the message of His hope.
Today...I will give thanks that because of who I am and whose I am, I am extravagently, completely loved and accepted.

15 comments:
"It's a part of my story" - I love that because it's a beautiful complicated story. And you can't appreciate beauty without a little bit of yuck as a counterpoint.
It's how we become who we are.
Thank you for being so real.
Your story helps the rest of us as we try to figure it all out, too.
And ditto on the CPQ...that girl has a way with words.
I just love you my Gretchen, I do.
You are certainly not alone in this adventure ride we call life...
The great thing is God meets us where we are.
So glad you are having a better day.
Love ya!
I love your beautiful, very real heart.
CPQ nailed it. Beautifully complicated stories...
It seems many of us are going through phases of discouragement right now-all different levels/phases. How awesome that we can walk through it together and bless and encourage each other along the way.
Your transparency just makes us *heart* you all the more!
That's what we're here for...to bear one another's burdens.
And throw a little levity in whenever possible, for laughter is good medicine.
"..the lifter of my head..."
Yes, He is. Thank you, Jesus.
Much love, my friend. You are in my prayers.
Can we all just ditto CPQ's words?? Cause she always says it so perfectly.
God didn't promise we'd be free from "yuck", but He did promise to never leave us, never forsake us, and that we can never get away from His love no matter how far we run...and I'm clinging to THOSE promises. So thankful you are too!
S4J gave me that verse (Ps. 3:3) about God lifting my head at a time when I was incredibly weak and tired. Tuck that one in yer bra and keep it close to yer heart, girl! :)
I've been thinking about you and your kids w/ the new schoolyear starting. Sending you love!
Yes ma'am, you are.
Thank you so much for sharing who you are. Because who you are is beautiful and encouraging and just simply lovely. And I'm joyful beyond measure to have met you IRL. I can't wait for the next time!
This is awesome. You have no idea how I needed this bit of encouragement tonight. Rough day.
Please call me if you need a lift. I am here for you. And you WILL be okay. You are YOU and that is enough.
Andrea
mad, mad love for the girl with the gift of exhortation for others, who is used by God to encourage others, even by just acknowledging her frailties. xoxo
Post a Comment