"One thing have I asked the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple."
Psalm 24:4
Here are the questions which Amber has chosen for our last week of the Seeking Him Together study:
Why is daily prayer and scripture reading important? Without daily prayer and scripture reading, we (okay, I) keep ourselves (okay, myself) separate from God. Yes, I know since I'm a Christian, that Jesus substituted Himself for me, and thus, there is no longer separation from God's love and favor. However, I live in the world. The world is loud and distracting and very different from the Word and His world. If I'm not in the scriptures daily, and not praying daily, lightning doesn't strike. But I drift. Suddenly, a sin which I had avoided commiting before becomes "not such a big deal". The perspective shift is nearly immediate, sad to say. And it can only be shifted back with the discipline and obedience to learning and applying the Word. I wish it were easier than that. And I wish it were always in line with my plans for the day. It's a daily choice. And sometimes, I choose the wrong answer.
What is your current routine? Oh, the temptation to lie is so great here. Next question. My current routine is to sometimes be in the Word, on some mornings, some of the time. The later in the day it becomes, the more I put off getting out my Bible and studies. I fare only slightly better in prayer. I pray every day. Especially with my children. At meals and bedtime and over my husband when he travels. I pray for friends' requests, and generally, there's not an hour in my day which goes by w/o at least some thought about or prayer to God.
How will your current routine be changed (if at all) after studying this chapter?
I try to remember to thank Amber and Melissa for facilitating this study each week. And I do this not because it's a nice thing to do, but I truly think God has used them to work on my heart. Yes, I have been open and seeking revival. However, my weakness is often in a lack of accountability. These ladies have shown devotion to God and His people, and this devotion has blown me away. Another way God blesses, I guess. So, Amber and Melissa, and all the ladies participating and commenting: Thank you.
5 comments:
Finding the "time" seems so hard sometimes, but then that is where I need an attitude adjustment at times, for don't we find time to do the things we love? I have really been working on that the last few weeks...
Great Bible study you have been doing. thanks for sharing it with us each week.
Awesome my friend.
Struggle with a quiet time. So encouraged by your honesty.
As always, I love your transparency! After traveling for a month and having no set routine for ANYTHING it seems, I am eager to get into a healthy routine in all areas of my life again. This is just what I needed to prompt me to put my time with the Lord first. It seems so many, many things are pressing in all at once - I need His fullness to press on!
Love the thought of you praying all day, every day... I'm finding I'm doing it more and more often, kind of a running conversation with my Daddy... you inspire me to kick it up a notch :)
Post a Comment