Stepping, around, and through life with Jesus at my side, and hanging on for dear life. And what a dear life it is.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Public Service Message
I know we all know that Christmas can't be perfect this side of heaven. Just as we know "Jesus is the reason for the season." BTW, does that sentence gag any of you as it does me? Really. It just smacks of well, DUH!, and is usually said in a pithy manner with a head toss. He is the reason. I know that. I try to show that...but He's the reason for so much more, too. Maybe that's why I cringe when I hear that pat phrase. If you're also cringing when you think of all the "to-do's" on your list...I encourage you to read this post which is so very wise. So very godly in its simplicity and transparency. So very Barbtha...click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Thanks for sharing that link, so beautiful.
Thank you for that, Gretchen. I just felt like sharing my new plan for a little less than perfect, but perfectly wonderful, Christmas.
And yes, I hate that phrase too.
Gretchen,
Glad you gag at that phrase. I'm pretty sure the good Lord does too. Something tells me he's quite fond of Johnny Mathis music this time of year though...
Rest, merry gentlewoman,
great link...
for some reason, Christmas isn't stressing me out this year. there must be something I'm forgetting to worry about....
Hi,
Your blog is really interesting... Good Luck... You are welcomed to my blog…….
Wishing you in advance "A Merry X'Mas and A Happy New Year''
Thank you for the PSA. And the link. I have Christmas issues and they're sort of related to that phrase. But since I don't go to counseling I'll probably blog about it for therapy. :o)
I loved what she said about redefining perfect.
Not a fan of the phrase either. It usually makes me roll my eyes and it makes my stomach turn.
Thanks for the link - this year I was not too stressed. I just enjoyed the season with my family and it went by too fast. I had to let a few things go like blogging and reading blogs but I think that I made the right choice.
Post a Comment