Thursday, December 11, 2008

Homework...Heartache

It seems like just yesterday, I could wipe the tears and give a new crayon. Finished!
She had the world by the tail.
Now, I wish this picture was indicative of her confidence:
in math
in body image
in sports
in math
in math
and
in math
sigh. I know she'll be okay. probably more-so than me.
But right now, I eat my heart out for her.
And do countless sets of flash cards.
because if she wants to be good in math, then that's what I want, too.
And i give thanks to a God who loves her more than I ever could.
And that's a good thing.










12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh What a sweet baby girl... My daughter, too, wants to be good in math... Go figure.

Neat photos. Love you.

Jackie said...

She's beautiful, Gretchen. And the picture from when all she wanted was another crayon made me happy and sad all at the same time. How quickly time flies....

And yes...she's gonna be alright. :)

His Girl said...

ugh. we struggle with math in the hisgirl house too- and now my son's homework in 8th grade is officially too hard for me.

fortunately, the boys (my hubby and son) enjoy the numbers. it's me and the girls who just have to press on with prayer and commitment.

*prayers for your girls and mine*

His Girl said...

whoops... i didn't mean," your girlS" I know you have just one.

whatever. it's early.

and apparently all of a sudden spelling & grammar aren't my subjects either.

*pass me a crayon, will ya?*

Suzanne said...

What a sweet, sweet face. Hugs to you both...

Raising kids is hard work! So many things just break your heart when you are raising them, but isn't it still the greatest job in the world? Joy and pain, joy and pain, and more joy.

Praying for you both!

Love ya,

Suzanne :)

Cheryl Wray said...

You are such a good Mom! At least she wants to be good at Math; that's always great when they have a desire to do well.

Thank goodness Gary is good at math; I can only really help with history and English. :-)

She is so pretty, and I love both of those pictures!!

Denise said...

She is so lovely, just like her dear mom.

Julie said...

You are such an AWESOME mom!!!

Hugs,
Julie

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

She is so sweet, so precious...so lovely. I hurt that you are hurting...these toddler and preschool years are whipping my butt, but I cannot say I'm very confident about parenting teens or tweens either. Your girl is so blessed to have you in her corner.

Jenster said...

You already know this, but she's beautiful. We've dealt with so many of these issues, and continue to do so. I just wish these young ladies could see what we see in them. Or even better, what God sees in them. Heck, I wish us older ladies could see what God sees in us!

Tiffani said...

What a beautiful girl!! And from one Mama's heart to another...I know you feel every bit of her hurt and lack of confidence...but, yes, keep lovin' and prayin'...she'll feel it and you both will be great!

Jenn said...

What a precious baby girl she was and what a beautiful young lady she is now! I feel her pain - math and I were never friends and still really aren't today. I am thankful that Jeremy loves math so he can help the boys with homework.

This was a wonderful post, I could hear your heart.