Monday, December 1, 2008

Gladitude Monday

Hey, Ho, and Howdy Do,







No time for formalities, as I'm gonna be biiiiizzzy today. All week, actually. Drama Girl and I have tech rehearsals tomorrow and Wed, and opening night on Fri! Ack! Plus, all that stuff like running kids to school, cooking, cleaning, and preparing for Christmas...I'm getting sweaty, just thinking of it all. And Lord knows I do.not.like.the.sweatage!




10. Glad for a lovely time in CO, visiting my husband's parentals and his sister, BIL, and our nephew. Our very loud and boisterous adorable nephew. He's nearly 4. Because of my sensitive hearing, I realize that my poor kids were raised from the cradle with my finger to my lips in a "shhhh!" position. No such child-rearing for little J., I'm afraid. Alas, he's allowed to be a child. :) We also managed to squeak in a visit with some folks from my side of the fam. Didn't stay too long, but it was nice to connect.




9. Glad for the absence of static electricity. Let me explain: CO has no relative humidity whatsoever. It's D-R-Y! I stopped counting the times I shocked someone, or was on the receiving end of such a shock. WA is a bit more...damp. While I miss the sunshine, it's sure nice to not have to ground myself before giving affection.



8. I hope I can be glad for an understanding teacher this morning...sigh. I forgot I had volunteering for Drama Girl's class (the ominous "auction project"--I'm making a quilt with the kids) and David's ortho appt at the same time. Ooops. Thankfully, I can totally be glad that the project has not even been started, so I can make up for lost time next Monday. Yeah, that's the ticket!



7. Glad about Advent.



6. Glad that we still have one working computer. Alas, it's not in the coveted, private, away from kids office, but rather in our family room. Did I ever mention that I'm distractible? Sensitive to noise? Where was I? Oh, yes...I'm glad this one works. Glad for the bit of inconvenience, too. Perhaps I'll manage my time better? Perhaps.



5. I'm so glad our play is f.i.n.a.l.l.y. here. We've been thinking about it since July. Rehearsing since September. I'm not convinced we're ready to perform, but I am tired of it. Getting to rehearse with costumes did breathe a little bit of new energy into my attitude, though. Make no mistake--I love theater and performing, and combine that with church which I also lurve, and it's a win! But...all of us get tired, right?



4. Glad about God's mulligans. How I need grace and mercy every day. Every minute. Mostly, I need forgiveness for pride. My god, why does it always come down to pride?



3. Grateful I was down a couple of pounds so that I didn't feel to gawdawful about having a bacon egg and cheese biscuit from you know where. Sometimes, you just gotta--and another excuse: I don't have any Thanksgiving left-overs. *said with righteous indignation*



2. Glad for Christmas lights. To be honest, I wanted to get our tree yesterday, since there was a modicum of space and time which would've accommodated said activity. However, Big wanted to string the lights. He didn't tell me this, of course. Not till I saw him putting up the blow up Charlie Brown/Snoopy house and Blow up Santa did I realize that tree plans were off. "Well, the weather was good. Thought we should get these up." I pouted for about 20 minutes, and then started detangling and decorating. Couldn't bah humbug for long. The Christmas tree will dry out if we get it too soon anyway.



1. Absolutely glad for my son's red and green bands on his braces. For what shouteth the celebration of the Good News more than red and green on silver?



And...because it's the season: a bonus! I'm glad about Monty Python Fluxx. Ahem, I may be tired of playing it, but it still rates a glad.





SDG!!!

9 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

I LOVE this post. You just make me smile!!!

I LOVE Advent too!

And yay for Monty Python!

Can't wait to hear all about the play!

Denise said...

I enjoyed this post.

the voice of melody said...

Glad you had a good visit with your relatives. Those loud relatives, I have them too!

Tiffani said...

So glad you're home and enjoyed your visit...

I love your reference to "mulligans" from the Lord..I laughed out loud!!

Can't wait to decorate around here since we have MUCH to celebrate ;);)

I know there will be a great sigh of relief from WA when the play is over and yes it's a love/hate relationship at the end of those things...but then the performance comes and all is forgotten! :) And you can't wait til next year!

Happy Monday!

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

Ah, nice post! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving.

His Girl said...

Because of my sensitive hearing, I realize that my poor kids were raised from the cradle with my finger to my lips in a "shhhh!" position.

something else we have in common, I see.

yesterday in target there were kids throwing tantrums, screaming everywhere. I said to my kids... thank you for not doing THAT.

my smart alec son said without batting an eye... "yeah, right mom. like we have a choice. if made a noise like that EVER in our lives, you'd be installing shock collars!"

I couldn't even argue. I thought that was a brilliant idea.

Jenn said...

Glad you had such a great trip to CO! Sorry for the loud 4 year old -imagine having three boys - they break the sound barrier everyday. :o)

I am thankful for mulligans too. Seeing mulligans made me smile - we are a golf family too (esp. the dad).

Sending "break a leg" wishes to DG and you for tonight's Christmas musical.

Shanda said...

I loved your "mulligan from God" comment! Great analogy!

Hope all is cheery & bright today!

Becky said...

LOL on the shush-ing. Guess I am guilty of that, too. I'd go to my sisters house around Christmas, with her boys thundering across hardwood floors shrieking and being, well, boys, and my ears would ring, and I would be SO THANKFUL that I had trained mine to be not quite so noisy.

Ahem. That is, until Judah came along.

Glad you're home safe and sound, and that the play has finally arrived. Hope all goes well and that folks are ministered to!