Anyhoo...
10. Glad for snow. Perhaps not for this magnitude of gladitude of snow, but we have about 10 inches here in the 'hood, and it does remind me of CO. Also, it seems apparent that we'll have a white Christmas. Pics below out our front door--as far as a woman in pjs dare wander.

9. Glad for artificial colors and flavorings. Who could make cut-out Christmas cookies w/o them? Below: our son, of whom we are so proud. He did his best to only use the blue frosting. Guess how I know that? A side note: aren't the green and red braces bands a festive touch? Of course now that his teeth will be falling out, the need for braces is a moot point.
8. Glad for traditions. Although I'm not so sure I love the rate of speed that time seems to be passing by, I am glad that (hopefully) my children will look back at their imperfect childhoods and see glimmers of greatness and of love.


8. Glad for traditions. Although I'm not so sure I love the rate of speed that time seems to be passing by, I am glad that (hopefully) my children will look back at their imperfect childhoods and see glimmers of greatness and of love.Then: circa 2002
Now:

7. Glad for optimism. This picture taken last Tue or Wed, before the dumpage of current snow. Seattle-raised children do not take snow for granted. Had she been raised in Ft. Collins, like her mom and dad, she would have scoffed at this amount of snow, but you know what? This shows an appreciation for what she has. What's not to be glad about for that?6. Glad for imperfection. Whether it's Hobbit(ses) or Christmas elves or the workings of a 12 year old boy, no one can know...But often, our Christmas stocking hangers, meant to spell out the word NOEL oftentimes spell "LONE", "ONLE", or my personal fave: "LEON". Makes me think of "Levon", the song by Elton John, because my mind just jumps oddly around like that. Our "GREETINGS" blocks can also be seen in alter-ego form, as well. E.g. SNEEGRITG. The cool thing about all this is that suddenly, around the 23rd or so of December, the words magically go back to their real selves.
5. Glad about late starts and snow days. Really. I am. While I will likely be singing a fickle tune come January, the slow pace and extra sleep has done a body good.
4. Glad we watched "The Nativity Story" last night. I thought it was beautifully done. Glad to hear my son interpret all the historical details for his sister w/o making her feel dumb. Glad we all liked it.
3. Glad I got to ski to church in my minivan yesterday. We don't have us as many plows as those of you in snow country... Therefore, at least half of those who attended church were those of us who "had" to be there. You know what? It was a fantastic service, and being on the worship team was especially fun because of the more relaxed atmosphere. Plus, I learned a new song (for me): "We Are the Reason". I know the Avalon version, but I know there are others. Also got to funk out, as much as a bunch of middle aged white people can, to Aretha's version of Joy to the World. All good. All good. Especially good was lighting the Advent candle and reading the scripture.
2. Glad we can cling to His promises, no matter what. And we must. My friend Bev wrote a post about this which is so worth your time and prayer. Go here.
1. And on a final, sentimental note: I'm terrifically glad to have my family a) out of the house b) so I can quilt c) and guess who they're shopping for? Sorry, the truth comes out: I like presents, too. I know Who my gift really is, but c'mon...a little Christmas love from the fam never hurt anyone. :)
God be with you all for a lovely, passion-filled, restful, and Christ-filled Christmas.
SDG!


13 comments:
I really enjoyed the pictures sweetie. Send me some of that snow, I love it. Praying for your family to be blessed with a very merry Christmas. I love you.
Hi Gretchen,
I came from Denise's blog.
I loved looking at your pictures! I sure wish that we could get some of this snow.....just some of it...not 10 inches though. lol!
That is truly a winter wonderland...I am hoping for even just an inch or two for Christmas!
How fun to look back at the pic from 2002. Memories, huh?
Whaaaa, I want snow...ok,'nuf whining, I still have shopping to do and that wouldn't be easy if we had snow. Loved the pictures!
Wow!! Your snow is so amazing!! I jut blogged about some actual snow in Southern California with my own picture diarrhea. I linkd to your post too. Come check it out if yo are so inclined!
Merry Christmas!
The snow on those lovely ginormous trees makes me soooo homesick!
Loved this post and all the pictures. Your house looks beautifully adorned for Christmas. And I can see now why your hubby is nicknamed BIG. He is one tall dude!
Merry Christmas, friend. Hope you and yours have a blessed, reflective celebration of our Savior's birth!
I had to call my hubs over to see those pics...we ain't nary seen no sucha thang here in Jawja!!!!
Tremendous. Beautiful. It looks like a calendar picture!!
your kids look so happy and sweet!
hope you got a great gift from your fam :) you def. deserve it~
Hope y'all had a blessed blessed day yesterday!
AS always your honesty makes me smile. Who doesnt love a present or two? And I loved the memory of those colored braces bands. Our kids did orange and black at Halloween - that was a lovely sight! xoox
What beautiful snow! It was 80 on Friday here - ugh. Today is a little better it in the 50's but we would love some snow.
#6 made me laugh out loud - boys.
Loved all the past decorating pictures - time flies doesn't it?
I hope you are enjoying your Christmas break with your family. Have a wonderful Sunday evening. Hugs to you!!
Oh my...that snow picture is just GORGEOUS!!!
love all the gladitude... I 'specially identify with the being glad our kids are funny. come on... LEON? that's awesome.
Great photos! I'm not sure which I like more. The beautiful snow or the lovely blue tongue. :o)
We've had several snows already this winter. And nothing measurable. Yet there are snow plows galore. What's wrong with this picture??
I love the pictures...and how I wish we had a little snow! Our holiday was warmer than usual and only rain to wet my head! *sigh*
It is raining outside right now...of course you know when it is actually snowing a lot I will wish it was rain again. *grin*
Love the picyures of those precious kids...the blue tongue goes well with the red and green!
Love,
Sue
Post a Comment