I just saw a "kitten", napping in a basket at my local Hallmark store. Except, it was a fascimile thereof--a rabbit fur covered fake kitten. BUT, it looked like it was breathing. For some unknown reason, the manufacturer of this item has put a inflatable tummy motor in it so the dang.thing.looks.like.it's.napping.for.crying.out.loud!
Um...I hope I haven't offended anyone who might own such an object. I'm sure they're very nice, really. When the sales lady noticed my
bewilderment raised eyebrows, she told me that these are quite popular with parents who want to get their children a real pet, but for whatever reason can't do so.
Oh.
I suppose I shouldn't be so easily surprised--it's just that, instead of a stuffed toy kitty, it simply reminds me of a dead kitty. Maybe it's the rabbit fur. Dunno.
Okay...back to reality. Time to scoot off to Drama Girl's DARE graduation and then our tech rehearsal.
Toodles.
11 comments:
yah, I've seen those. they look dead to me too.
ick.
Yuck, sounds very weird to me too.
I've seen the fake kittens too. Amazing how real they look, but I definitely wouldn't want one. Chelsea would completely lose it if I brought one of those home. LOL
I saw those in a catalog the other day and I'm with you...just plain creepy!
Oh btw, love your Christmas-y blog!
I am so with you. That is BIZZARE.
You had me laughing loudly while reading this! Yeah, I too find them creepy
Funny post - haven't seen those. Not sure what is sadder - a fake cat that looks so real that it looks dead or the fact that parents are giving fake/real cats to their kids so they can pretend they have a real pet. :o)
Ok, I'm kinda freaked out MYSELF!!!
Since I have your attention for a minute :-)...how the heck are you? I've missed you and missed your blog. I'm playing catch up right now, so there may be more comments :-).
Love ya!
haven't seen them but I'm sure if my kiddos laid eyes on them...that'd be it~ freaky or not!! They love animals...fake or real :)! This is too funny!
Oh yesa! Grace hates them...she says they give her nightmares!
Love,
Sue
I saw those last week, and they freaked me out too. Weird.
However, that's the only kind of cat I'd ever let live in my house.
Post a Comment