Monday, August 4, 2008

Gladitude, part deux

Psalm 107:1







Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.








Indeed, He is good. So good in fact, that I'm adding on to my gladitude list of last week. I dunno, but perhaps this will be a theme for me...it should be anyway.





10. I'm so glad that my dtr is at camp. For HER, people, not for me. :) I know she was at Bible camp last week with her brother, but this is Outdoor Chef camp for Girl Scouts, and she's going with a little friend, and lots of enthusiasm. Yes, I miss her terribly, and her eyes leaked a bit before she left, but seeing her confidence and her excitement is so cool. "Hello, my name is Drama Girl, and I'm 10, and I have the world by the tail! Woo hoo! I'm glad for some 1:1 time with David, and that the weather is going to be unseasonably warm--80s! Wow.





9. Grateful that we now have 2 eagles on Fort Stinky. Big and Drama repaired the fort on Saturday and added some nice "eagle perches". Must've worked. Now we have 2, and they seem so happy to hunt and preen and pose for us to enjoy. I don't know why this tickles me so, but it.just.does. Pictures to come.





8. Glad that I get to see my 82 year old Grum in Iowa in October. I haven't seen her in almost 4 years, so it's time. Drama Girl and I are so ready to show Grum our knitting and receive our due polite criticism praise.




7. Glad for Big's flexible schedule (when he's not in China). This is a biggie for me. I'm usually a stinker not as supportive as I could be because I don't like his travel or his long hours. What I need to keep giving thanks for is: a) he has a job, b) he loves his job, c) I've been able to stay home and home school and otherwise be there for my children, d) this is a refining process for me and my p.a.t.i.e.n.c.e and delay of gratification. Hmph. Okay, okay. I'm glad.




6. Glad that, through generous donations, I've met my fundraising minimum for the Breast Cancer 3 Day in September. $2,200 is a ton of money to raise, IMO, and I was very much doing a walk of faith to gather each dollar. Some others on my team are still gathering funds, so if you feel so led, please consider donating to anyone on our team.




5. Further, I'm glad I went on a 9 mile hilly walk last week, and a 11.7 (let's call it 12) mile training walk last night with some other 3-day walkers. Last night's walk was a hilly-exhausting-butt-burning extravaganza. So, I guess I'm also glad that I simply made it. I make it hard on myself because I try to walk at about 4 mph, but I do that mostly so I can finish and move on to other non-exercise activities. I presume that I'll be walking much slower during the event. Since, you know, I've never walked 60 miles in 3 days before, and am likely to be p.o.o.p.e.d! I'm humbled by the cause, though, and don't tell anyone, but I'm knitting pink scarves from fun fur for all my team mates. :) Better get started!




4. Lest you think that all I can think about is the 3 Day, I can tell you that I'm also glad that I was the first one on the computer this morning! Ha Ha David, you'll have to eat your cereal first, this morning. This sharing thing is for the birds! Okay, shut up only child! ;) Ooops! I mean, I'm happy to share with my son who hogs it as much as he can--I would NEVER do that .




3. Glad for a dog lying right near me. Glad also that her horrendous farts have subsided.




2. Glad for the Taco Bell meal I had in my car, at 9 p.m. after my long walk last night.




1. Glad for the amazing God-painted sunset last night. How I appreciate my sight.






Soli Deo Gloria!












8 comments:

Denise said...

I am so very glad for you my friend, you are a precious blessing.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Your list makes me glad too!

Hey, I can't remember if I responded to your email from long ago about being in my neck of the woods at Thanksgiving. We're staying here, and yes, we definitely need to get together!!!

Becky said...

Your list made me smile...love the eagles, the chef camp, the one-on-one time with your son, and I laughed myself silly over the very unexpected #2.

His Girl said...

I think you are perhaps one of my favorite finds on the internet. And i'm counting you with itunes and email.

Laurie A. said...

so much gladness makes me ... well, it makes me glad. #3 is one that i understand completely although glad might be an understatement!!!

Barb said...

You walked twelve miles?

I don't think I could walk two miles without needing paramedics. Good for you! You definitely earned that Taco Bell.

Uhm, sorry about your dog's little problem. Have you tried the new Febreze air freshener? :-)

Sing4joy said...

Whoops. A little pricked with the gladitude. Today was the first day of school and I managed to send my husband off to work in a tizzy. There was NO gladitude for the cacophony of alarms that started going off in our house at 5:30AM. Thanks for your encouragement!

Andrea Frazer said...

9 miles? Wow. Good luck! Keep us posted! Um,you probably are, and I'm late in reading. Getting back into the game soon.