10. Glad my bloggy friends understand my being behind in catching up with them. :)
9. Glad that school starts in a week and 2 days. Yeah, I was a hater of the change a week or so ago, but now...r.e.a.d.y.
8. Glad that even though I only lost 1 measley pound, I'm eating healthier. I suspect that, since I weighed in the morning after high salt intake, I might even be truly lower. But, it is what it is.
7. Glad that eventhoughtheinterruptionsdrivemecrazy, my children are learning skillz in the kitchen and in the house which will serve them well (and me, too) as they get older and more independent. However, for now, there is no such thing as finishing a blogging post paragraph without several stops.
6. Glad that Big and I are d.e.c.l.u.t.t.e.r.i.n.g. the house room by room. I'm not so glad as I am relieved. We really have gotten ourselves into living like a dump, and that's not what either of us wants. While I don't heart so much that we're utilizing his staycation this way, I'm grateful that we are working as a team and are committed to being a better example to our children in the old "you get it out, you put it away" and "a place for everything and everything in its place" departments.
5. Glad that my son's 7/8 youth group sounds so supportive and welcoming for the kids. I was really encouraged after the parent meeting yesterday. I realize that we're facing the years where I might not be his first choice when discussing "important stuff", so I'm glad he's set up with kids his own age, plus high school and post high school aged volunteers and staff.
4. Similarly, glad that my dtr's 5/6 church group is a great fit for her. She's beginning to feel so big, and since David has to go to 2nd service and she has to go to 1st (because of room constraints), she's going to volunteer as a helper for our preschoolers in 2nd service. I love it when these kids can make a difference within their own communities. It's a small step, but it's service. And I'm all about service.
3. Glad that I serve a loving and forgiving God when I really, really, really want to strangle my children. I need only remember that there are times when He'd like to do the same with me. Well, not really (as not really with me), but...close. I was born without the patience gene. And it's killing me.
2. Glad that I'm finished exercising today. For I don't love the exercise. Glad I'm relatively healthy to be able to complete said un-fun exercise. :)
1. Glad for old M*A*S*H reruns which we can enjoy together as a family.
Bonus: I lurved the Olympics, but I'm glad they're over for a bit...I can only take so much of the post hype hype and the mispronunciation of Beijing.
Soli Deo Gloria!
12 comments:
I love these post, bless you dear one.
I love M*A*S*H dearly too!
Great gladitudes!!
A pound is a pound is a pound and losing one is way better than gaining one!! (I lost a pound and a half this week!! Weeeeeeee)
So glad I'm not the only one who wants to strangle her children sometimes (and thankful for the restraint NOT to)...and SO understand "no such thing as finishing a blogging post paragraph without several stops".
When the Olympics begin I'm all over them. After two weeks straight of staying up too late and hearing that song in the background I'm a bit over it. This week is the Democratic National Convention - after two weeks of Olympics I'm sure not ready to listen to politicians so we're taking a TV break instead!
You are so uplifting my friend.
Hey, I want to invite you to join in on "I See What You're Saying, " the video meet and greet on September 30. Tomorrow I'm posting on how to upload a video, if that's helpful. Hope you can join in the fun!
Gladitude Monday makes me glad.
Yay for the pound lost! Seriously, I rejoice like crazy if my scale says I'm down even a half pound. It all counts, right? Way to go!
#5 just k.i.l.l.s. me!! I don't want to think about any of our kids getting to "that age."
I'm proud of you for doing something active! I am not, by nature, that kind of person either, believe it or not. Just takes one or two good experiences for me to get hooked, though. I love the feeling of being able to do something that I thought only cute, perky 20 yr. olds could do!
I'm glad for #10 too- over 200 behind myself, here. ugh.
I do so love these posts, btw.
also, what is the correct pronunciation of Beijing? now i'm scared I say it wrong.
So proud you completed your exercise and lost a pound. Your probably right - the salt is not showing your true weight loss.
We are glad the olympics are over too - because we were in front of the TV every night.
Good luck with the decluttering. :o)
Post a Comment