Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Vacalaziness

We have taken lazy to a whole new level. Case in point? Today's schedule:

  • Arise at 7-ish, coffee and Bible time for.a.whole.hour.a.l.o.n.e.!
  • 8ish the young tribe members arise. Are greeted with hugs and suggestions for making their own breakfasts independently, as I have blog reading to do.
  • Tribal leader arises at 9-ish.
  • conversation, a bit of pleasure reading
  • nap from 10:45-12ish.
  • lunch: Mcmuffin-esque goodness for Drama Girl and Big; mac and cheese for David; left overs atop a bed of spinach for me. I actually broke down and did prepare the food.
  • trip into Langley for strolling and a tiny bit of shopping--I bought a game of pick up stix, so you know it was some fierce shopping...
  • short drive to South Whidbey State Park for a wandering hike amidst the beautiful majestic trees and giant slugs. Weather? Nearly a perfect partly cloudy 65 degrees.
  • return movie from last night (Batman Begins)
  • grabbed a sugar-free latte for the momma. Cuz I've been working so hard and all.
  • Blackberry crisp (from our own blackberry bushes) with ice cream.
  • Post sugar- high nap/pleasure readage.
  • And now? Going to our po-dunk theater to see Dark Knight (Batman) for $6 for Big and me and $4 for the kids. Popcorn $1.50.

It's all good.

The laundry and chores and school prep can wait for just one more day...

12 comments:

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, sounds great to me.

Jenster said...

Green is NOT a good color for me and that's the color I am right now. Your day sounds so fabulous!

Becky said...

Sounds wonderful.

The blackberry crisp sounds yummmmmmy. Takes me right back to my own berry picking days in Western Washington. Mmmmmmemories.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

sounds perfect to me. especially the blackberry crisp. YUM.

His Girl said...

professional relaxing. you should for sure look into it. 'cause that was just plain artful.

there's got to be some foo out there who wants to pay someone to chill out for them, no?

Sing4joy said...

I wanted to read your ENTIRE post, but after I saw the word nap - I had to stop and take the suggestion. Guess I'll have to finish up later!

Susie Q said...

Sounds like a wonderful day to me!
Lately I have littel to no energy so relaxing sounds sooo good. I think I will do just that right now! : ) May I have some blueberry crisp too?

Have a sweet weekend Gretchen!

Love to you all,
Sue

Jenn said...

Oh that was so relaxing to read! I may go read it again. Sounded like a fabulous day - especially ending the day at the movies - I love popcorn.

Have a WONDERFUL labor day holiday with your family. :o)

Julie said...

Hey friend,
Hey would you pray for my daughter Courtney? She leaves on Monday for 3 weeks missions trip to India.
She's flying alone and meeting missionary friends of ours. It's her first flight...
Pray for her and ME!

Thanks,
Hugs,
Julie

Suzanne said...

"65 degrees" made me completely forget about all the other lovely stuff you mentioned...jealous.. so jealous.

Joy Junktion said...

Sounds like a great day to me.
Movies for $6 and popcorn for $1.50WOW - You don't live in Phoenix
Movie $9 - small popcorn $4.50 - soda - forget it. We don't go often.
Have fun getting ready for school.
Blessings, Cindy

Andrea Frazer said...

Wanted to wish all kids a fabulous time at school this year. Thinking of them. Even though they dont know me. but i feel like I know them and are so proud of them. please kiss them or hug them or whatever 10 and 12 year olds will tolerate - from me!