I went out with my daughter for some lovely Mexican food last night, complete with chips and salsa and (1) margarita--salted, of course. I mean...why bother without salt.? My blog. My opinion. ;) Okay...I digress.
Well...I'm eating and talking when s.u.d.d.e.n.l.y! a rogue chip pierces my upper lip! I am not kidding! I felt the tip spear through the tender flesh, and immediately the eyes started watering as I was trying to listen to Drama Girl's
But...I did not let that pain stop me. NO! I pulled on my big girl panties and rose to the occasion. I ate enough chips and salsa to numb that lip really good, and finished my dinner (and drink) with the pride and joy of someone who loves food too much for her own good.
And...this morning, I burned my wounded lip on my latte. But lest you worry--I managed to choke it down, for a caffeinated Gretchen is far better than the decaf variety.
So...have you had any food-related injuries, or is it just me?
14 comments:
Woo Hoo, you made me smile really big, thanks.
YOU.ARE.MY.HERO!
ROFL! I don't think I can say it any better than Jenster. Gretchen, you obviously are not alone in this. :)
ouch.
seriously, I just ate a Dorito that got jammed between my tooth and gum. it hurt, but not nearly as bad as your lip probably did.
sorry about the lip!
but i have found that a really good meal and a really good drink and really good coffee are worth it. here's to you!
This is hysterical! I am quite sure I would have done the exact same thing. Can't let perfectly good chips and salsa (not to mention a margarita) go to waste, right?
ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im sori this all happened to you
HUGS
be careful my dear
jen
OH I HATE BURNING MY TONGUE....it's the worst.
You are the cutest thing!!!
Hugs,
Julie
Oh, I got a rogue chip stuck in my throat once when i was dating my husband. He almost had to take me to the emergency room! chips are tricky!
ROFL, ahem, I mean tragic. Utterly tragic. But medicating as you did was precisely what the doctor would have ordered, lol.
I was eating a fresh out of the toaster-oven chimi recently. Did you catch that? Fresh out. As in 2200 degrees celcius bean and cheese chimi. That sticks like peanut butter to the roof of your mouth. I'm pretty sure I permanently scarred for life my gums behind my front teeth.
food related injuries?!?! where do I start?
I could only hope to someday be able to power through like you!
I'm glad to hear someone else does this type of stuff. Does eating an entire giant box of hot tamales til your tongue is so swollen the next day and you can't eat anything at all - does that count. If it does then I'm right there with you - alas, no more hot tamales for me.
I am spending my afternoon catching up on my blog reading. So happy I stopped by - I love your blog! This post made me laugh out loud (but I am sorry for your pain). I think I would have been down for the count so thanks for inspiring me the next time I burn my tongue on my latte not to give up!
BTW - have to agree with ya about the salt and the Margarita. But do tell are you a frozen or on the rocks girl? I like both but prefer on the rocks. Just in case you are wondering. ;o)
You are too funny sweet lady. I too have suffered my way through many a chip disasters. Perhaps I eat them too fast but they are soooo good. I usually pierce my gum line and, even though it is painful, I contiue stuffing my face. We had a mexican dinner on Sunday night in MN. Margaritas and chips and salsa and all manner of yummy things. SO good!
Love,
Sue
Post a Comment