Monday, July 21, 2008

Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful: Blog Friends Unite!


Yeah...I had to use that mantra--luckily, not too often. Because we had fun. F.U.N. And her beauty is far more than skin deep. She is genuinely a beautiful person both inside and out.
It was a long day for GGG (God's Guitar Girl), because not only did she have a 75 mile journey, but did so with a puking daughter. Carsickness is not for the faint of heart. Detour to Walmart for new clothes, THEN to Gretchen's.
I won't go on and on here except to say. MIRL was awesome. Some of my friends and my hubby asked me if it was "weird" at all. Nope. I felt like thru email and hearing her voice on the phone, that we were friends already. I cherished our day. From chatting with her adorable children who, as it happens loved Capri Sun that day, ;) to chatting with her about this, that, and the other thing, it was easy and, well...easy is the best description. I didn't feel awkward, and I hope she didn't either. Easy like walking the beach, looking for sand dollars. Easy like sharing a cobbled together junky picnic lunch and diet Cokes...Easy like a glass of wine on the deck whilst the children watched a bit of Noggin.
Thanks for visiting my part of the world, GGG. I had so much fun and can't wait to do it again.
xxxooogretchen

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing it with us!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Well, can I just say I'm jealous? But I totally empathize with the puking child.

Glad you had a good day!

Denise said...

So glad you enjoyed meeting a new friend.

Jenn said...

What a fun day! Thanks for sharing the pic of you too - what a gorgeous view you have at your home - love the trees and water.

We also understand the puking - happened on our spring break trip. Praying it does not happen on our road trip in a few days.

Unknown said...

"Easy like Sunday morning!!"

We had such a good time. It was sad to see it end. I know we'll be back in the area from time to time. Maybe I can stop by Wal-Mart to pick up stuff for you on my way over, since I'm well-acquainted with its location now! LOL!! Smooches, sister!!

Bekah said...

Thanks Gretchen! Yes, I will keep updated on you! I like blogspot a lot... :)

Becky said...

Awww, sounds like y'all had a FAB time together. And for the record, you're both beautiful gals!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Sounds like such fun, minus the puking child part.

Julie said...

How fun!

I am so glad you got to meet.....

If I'm ever in the northwest.......

Hugs,
Julie

Andrea Frazer said...

Well I love me some God's Guitar Girl, too. But she will have to move on over when I visit those parts. Hmmmph!

Kidding. That's awesome. Who knows when I'll get there. When I'm 69 on my RV tour maybe? LOL. Lov ya.

His Girl said...

yes, she's all that and a bag o'chips! i sure wish i were there- but i'm glad to know you guys had a good time :)

Jenster said...

JEALOUS!!!!! Glad you girls had such a great time, though!! (I met an on-line friend and her family in Hawaii and it was just like we'd forever been real life friends.)