
Hi, History Boy turned 12 yesterday. And he's okay with his name being public. So, this is David. And here are 12 amazing things to love about him:
12. He loves mac and cheese. I mean l.o.v.e.s. it! No portion is too big or too cheesy.
11. He loves Gus, his one-eyed, no-nosed 11 year old Teddy Bear.
10. He's called History Boy because, funny enough, he loves history. If you have any questions, just ask. He'd like to be a history professor when he grows up.
9. Favorite era in history? All of them.
8. He loves it when his reading of history and reading of the Bible enrich each other.
7. Lord of the Rings freak.
6. Goes barefoot in hopes of creating Hobbit feet. (ahem...he's nearly there--his feet are eeeewy!)
5. The escavation of his room should be a Dirty Jobs episode. A favorite show, BTW. :)
4. No portion size of pancakes is too large, either. Preferably with r.e.a.l. maple syrup.
3. He is a faithful and loyal friend.
2. His bear hugs could crush a small elephant. He's very affectionate.
1. He still loves his momma.
May the Lord bless and keep you, David. May His face shine upon you and give you peace and may He be gracious to you. And may I always be as grateful as I am at this moment for your presence in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.
14 comments:
Happy Birthday, David! I loved hearing a little bit about him...especially the history-lovin' stuff...awesome!
sniffle sniffle sniffle... beautiful. happy birthday david! happy 12 year old, gretchen! (ugh) and may you remember this entire year why you love your son!
*yes, you'll need God's help for this one.
also, today is s4j's birthday... having a party at my blog for her!
also, ridiculously jealous that GGG is there!
Awww, very precious!!! Happy birthday to your Lord of the Rings Freak and momma loving kind hearted boy!
Happy Birthday, David!
I choked on my ice water when I read the one about hoping to attain hobbit feet. Kind of snorted it through my nose, lol.
Love that he has an avid interest in history (especially when Biblical history enriches his understanding)...there are Biblical archaeological sites out there just waiting for boys like him to grow up and go 'discover' other new finds spelled out in the Bible. ;)
Happy Birthday to your son
history is cool
I am enjoying reading about American history through the Little House series and my wonderful older cousin in the UK use to be a history teacher
she made it come alive :)
Jen
Having seen the hobbit feet first-hand, I can tell you he's well on his way!!!
Kids and I had such a wonderful time today, Gretchen!! Thanks for your hospitality. Your family is just the sweetest. See you again soon, I just know it!
Happy birthday David! My 8 year old loves mac and cheese and also loves it when history and the Bible come together! I too am a big history buff - fun to meet a fellow one. We also love Dirty Jobs around here too.
What a great tribute post to your boy. I hope he had a wonderful day. :o)
Happy 12th birthday David!
Happy Birthday to David, may you be greatly blessed all the days of your life.
He is a wonderful young man...and such a handsome one too!
Happy, happy birthday David. You are so special in so many ways.
Blessings to you always...may this be a year of joy and fun for you.
12 is a BIG one you know! Enjoy it!
Love,
Sue
This is just the SWEETEST post!!!! I love your list!! He seems like a wonderful son.
Happy Birthday David....or History Boy, as he will continue to be for all of us. :-)
(My Dad's a historian.It's a cool thing to be!!)
David sounds like a great kid.
But I'm having trouble with the image of feet in my head now. LOL
Happy Birthday to your David!
Happy Birthday, Sir David. And here I thought, all this time, your first name was History :-).
That's so cool that he loves history. What happened yesterday is about all I can handle :-), lol.
Oh, and I think Jayla would give him a run for his money on the consumption of Mac & Cheese!! Jayla eats it for breakfast...DAILY!!! ACK!!!
Happy (belated) birthday to David. I loved your list!
Guess what? I have a daughter who shares his birthday. Sarah turned 10 on the 13th. I need to blog about that soon...I'm slowly getting caught up.
Post a Comment