Because my kids are at camp, and I have a few extra moments to focus on, well...ME, I thought I'd join in on Susie Q's fun at Rabbit Run Cottage. Without further ado, "these are a few of my favorite things..."
Sport: Pro Football ('Hawks v. Broncos Superbowl!)
Color: Periwinkle-blue
Movie: Love Actually
Broadway play I have seen: Robin Hood
Broadway Musical I have seen: Les Miserables
Song: It Is Well With My Soul
American city I have visited: San Francisco
Foreign city I have visited: Tie: London/Amsterdam
Book: A Separate Peace
Children's Book: The Giving Tree
Recent television show: Grey's Anatomy
Actor: Hugh Grant
Actress: Meryl Streep
Perfume: Cashmere by Donna Karan
Food: Mexican
Dessert: Warm brownies with ice cream and fudge
Chain Restaurant: Macaroni Grill
Local Restaurant: Galo de Oro
Car: one with a driver
Condiment: hummus
Kitchen Appliance: dishwasher
Home Appliance: DVR
Beauty Product: lip gloss
Piece of clothing: Jeans
HGTV Show: any-not a big HGTV watcher, but love to lurk
Food Network show: Iron Chef
Author: CS Lewis
Male Songwriter: Billy Joel
Female Songwriter: Sarah Groves
Holiday: Christmas
Ballet I have seen: Nutcracker
Disney character: Cinderella
Flower: Pink Rose
Alcoholic drink: Frozen Margarita with salt
Non-Alcoholic drink: Diet Coke
Magazine: Good Housekeeping
Animated movie: Ice Age
Television network miniseries: none
Season: Autumn
Male vocalist: Harry Connick Jr.
Female vocalist: Sarah Maclauchlan (sp)
Day of the week: Sunday
Household Chore: Laundry, i guess
Ice Cream: Dulce de Leche
Candy: Reeses Fast Break
Artist: my children
Quotation: “See everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little." ~Pope John
Now, how about YOU? Are you playing too?
And a bonus topic for you: What's your minimum preparation for going out in public? Are you a quick mascara and lipgloss girl (in the car, no less?), a no-fuss-no-muss-no makeup nor hair production gal, or are you more of a diva, complete with flawless makeup, coiffure, and matching (stain-free) outfit?
I find, as I head towards 40, my cuteness w/o effort is sorely and quickly escaping. I usually put myself last in the old getting ready department, so my car is often my beauty salon. Rest assured, I wait till I'm at a stop light before mascara or anything d.a.n.g.e.r.o.u.s. goes on. I think, though, based on my lack of organic cuteness, I'm going to have to schedule at least 10 minutes more into my daily routine because I'm starting to be a bit embarrassed going out in the facial nude, so to speak. What say ye?
15 comments:
good song
Billy Joel rocks!!!
Jen
Well, this was fun to read!
Hmmm. I would LOVE to say I am the flawless diva but anyone that knows me would be laughing hysterically at that. I do try to make an effort before I go out, unless it's just a quick dash to the post office or something. But if I'm going to be around friends, then yes, I do my hair, makeup, the works.
That was entertaining. I loved your response to car.
I'd have to say I'm pretty low maintenance, though I do wear makeup nearly every day, my hair is always in a pony tail.
I'm a total frump clotheswise (T-shirts and jeans)...However, my hair and makeup MUST be done. No way will I go out bare faced.
Loved your list...saw lots in common with what I would have written, lol!
I love learning more about you.
our lists would be almost identical except i'm a chardonnay gal.
i rarely rarely go anywhere without eye makeup (excuse is that i wear glasses....), just a little blush, sometimes lipstick.....always with chapstick in my pocket tho.....and prefer jeans and tees over anything else. flipflops, converse, tretorns w/o socks. you get the point. no frills.
VERY fun list, Gretchen.
I am so NOT the flawless diva. I'm as low-maintenance as they get.
That is a lot of info.
Hey, I had fun with His Girl. We should have called you. Sorry about that.
Hope to meet you next. I was a tad bit jealous when I saw you all happy and giggly with Gods Guitar Girl. But then I thought, heck, I dig God's Guitar Girl, so have fun. I'm all generous like that.
Have a Diet Coke for me at the beach house, kay?
Tootles and xoxoxoxo.
Very fun!!
I am definitely a no-fuss-no-make-up-no-hair-products kind of girl. Except for the first day of school and parent teacher conferences. I loved the car comment! As the recent survivor of a scary accident, I would go even further to say "one with a driver who is actually paying attention!" LOL
GREAT list!!! And I love your answers!!! (I am with you on the warm brownie with ice cream; Les Mis my favorite I've seen too; and I just bought Love, Actually on DVD the other day, but haven't watched it yet; mmmm, hummus!!)
And, yeah, I will absolutely be borrowing this idea soon for my blog.
i don't need to do a list because you already STOLE all my answers
well, alot anyway.
and my beauty is fleeting, too. where did all these old lady spots come from?
yeah, it's becoming increasingly mandatory for the interest of public politeness for me to paint this face more regularly.
Oh boy...I might have to do this. I love lists like this one. Your answers are great!
I LOVE that you did this Gretchen!
And I love you! Great answers too.
I have been catching up with you and reading all your news.
Les Mis is my very close second place! Billy Joel too!
Congrats to your daughter on her baptism...
I am low maintainence anymore. I guess I quit caring as much. I make an effort bit just a little! Is that terrible of me to say??
Love,
Sue
Post a Comment