Tuesday, February 9, 2010

GladiTuesday!


Okay...I've been a little wordy, as of late, and that's not all bad...but today for a change of pace...I thought I would use as many ellipses as possible I thought I'd give you 10 pictures which make me glad.  No particular order.  No particular deep thinking.  Just me looking and picking and smiling.  Hope they make you smile today, too.  'Cause we need a little smile here and there these days, no?



Circa 1st and 3rd grade for him and her. 
Olympic Game Farm:  Lurve from a buffalo.  Makes sense that my husband would like to have a nice kiss from a buffalo--he went to CU-Boulder.

Baby Annie--who is now 4 and tipping the scales at 100 lbs. But she's still that cute.  And so is D, btw. :)
Maui, 2009
Humpback whale.
MT, 2009  Lake McDonald (brrrr).
MT, 2009.  Yes, that'd be my rear, front and ctr. :)
It's becoming evident that I love my family, and we love animals.  What I don't love about this picture is the mascara running down my face.  But whatever.
Island Girls:  Visit 8/09
Oh!  I guess I do have dance experience.  1977/1978

 
First grade.  Guess why my hair is short?  That's right.  It used to be down to my waist (like all good '70s girls), and then...I.cut.it.  This was the "save".  But at least I'm stylin' a necklace, some earrings, and my St. Pepper wannabe jacket.
prom, 1985.  We haven't changed a bit.

20 comments:

Bev said...

Very fun strolling through memories with you. And BTW my husband went to Cu-Boulder too - has a deep abiding love for them, so when we finally MIRL the men will have something fun to chat about too.

Marla Taviano said...

I desperately want to swim with a dolphin (with my fam). Where did you do it??

LOVE the whale pic too!

And all the others!

O Mom said...

So fun. This was my favorite Gladi. You should see the big smile on my face and I'm not even sure why.
By the way, my husband wanted that Velveeta dip and he had told me to mix it with salsa, but you had said use a can of rotel...SO I'm at the store, laughing to myself because i was totally listening to you and not him, and I just thought that was so funny!!! :)

Denise said...

I loveeeeeeeee these pictures.

Unknown said...

First, amazing pictures!

Second, that pic of D with Annie? Precious...

Last, You and Big D went to prom together??!!! what babies you were!

Uh, i mean you both looks exactly the same. Haven't changed a bit...

Ok, not so last....loved that Island Girl picture, made me giggle.

Hey, I think we should get together again soon. How does next MOnday night work for you?

SQUEALLLL!!!

Becky said...

LOVED this post. I thought for sure that you were going to say you got gum in your hair and had to get it cut, lol.

Your prom photo is darling...that dress was gorgeous! And the family fun...nothing beats that. You're storing up tons of memories for the kiddos!

Totally crazy jealous you got to swim with the dolphins.

Mich said...

Love the pictures!!!

Thanks for a look at the photo album.

Carpool Queen said...

I squeaked a little when I saw the Island Girl pics....mainly because I'm really craving those clams I had that night....

Haaa!!!

Gretchen said...

I've always thought your daughter looked just like you, but after that 1st photo, I'm thinking you and your son have the same eyes! :)

Cathy said...

I always love Tuesdays over here at your place, but ESPECIALLY today!!

Love these pics.

Your kids are gorgeous. You are gorgeous...even with your "save" haircut.

What you should really say is you were setting hair trends cause you're cool like that.:)

Amber said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

I have a slight addiction to digging through people's old photos.

Enjoy your position as my enabler today.

His Girl said...

i suppose it'd be easy to guess my favorite picture, because it's attached to one of my lifetime favorite memories... but if I can look beyond that for just.one.minute, I actually love all these photos- such a fun picture of the gretchen we all know and love....
xoxo

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

LOL! Great shots!

Angie said...

LOVE the pictures. Especially that cute shaggy short hair cut. I had almost the exact same one in 2nd grade.

My flip-flips are a brand called Orthaheel. I bought them in South Africa but I saw them in the in-flight catalog on our flight over to the states recently so I bet you can get them there. It's so hot here that I have to wear flip-flops and these have saved me.

Shanda said...

These are all amazing! There is no question why you are "glad!" I think what made me smile even more than the photos was...

"What I don't love about this picture is the mascara running down my face. But whatever."

Why that did it for me I cannot tell exactly; guess it's just the honest disclosure and the posting of it anyway because it makes you glad!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Oh my gosh...all these pics made ME smile! I love them!!! The very first one made me laugh and so did the one of you with your super short hair.


Alright. I'm TEN posts behind on your blog. (Hanging my head in utter shame).

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved the pitures...and reading some of your older posts....Great blog....

Happy Hearts Day

Jenster said...

I'm trying *trying* to catch up some on my long lost bloggy friends. Well they're not lost - I've been. Anyway - I love these pictures. All of them! Not just the Island Girls pic (though I am especially fond of that one except for that you're not in it). Thanks for taking us down memory lane with you. It was fun! (And what have I been missing? You're taking a trip to NC? Boy how I wish it was just a bit closer!)

Anonymous said...

It's like we were sitting on your couch looking at your photo albums. I liked it.

Sandy said...

What fun pictures!!!