Howdy! Time for a gladitude haiku:
North Carolina
Not bloggy friends, but heart friends
Sharing our stories
I can't really capture my time in NC because, really, it was so normal in some ways, yet so extraordinary in others. I went from quiet moments to lurvely-lively moments. All in a blink. All blessed. All with a sweetly earned lack of sleep. I got to watch, and participate. Rest and receive. Some memories which make me ever so glad are not limited to, but include:
1. Sharing (well, I TRIED to share) one of the largest, most delicious bowls of guacamole EVAH on my first night in NC. LVCG picked me up from the airport, and we high-tailed it here for dinner with the CPQ. CPQ thought it needed just a wee bit more salt, and I was happy to oblige, but between you and me, I could've rolled around in it like a little pig, and been happy w/or w/o said salt.
2. She wore a raspbery beret (hand made by my friend, the CPQ):
3. 5 of the most precious children, ever. Love you, A, G, T, T, and J. I learned about Star Wars--what I really learned is that I have to ship my boy to both houses to be with hard-to-come-by-around-here Star Wars afficionados. I increased my love of Target whilst taking a "field trip" with everyone--Mr. T. leading the way with his sassy orange walker and his overflowing enthusiasm for all things the big, red Bull's Eye has to offer. Sweet G, the only girl in the pack of testosterone, took me aside and told me, "You're beautiful, Miss Gretchen.". I should've immediately said, "Thank you!", but instead, I thought I hadn't heard her correctly, and said, "What?" And then I found my manners and a lump in my throat and said, "Thank you!". She's almost small enough for me to tuck into my carry-on. And I might've, if her mom wasn't watching. Ahem. Of course, if you read this, you know she might've been lost forever if I had done that. ;)
4. Dinner and wine with LVCG, wherein she made a fabulous soup, and we had fabulous wine (from WA), and we just...hung.out. Literally. Because we changed into our jammies. Being that you can never have enough of a good thing...we also made us some more guacamole.
5. Seeing Duke Chapel was so amazing. Stupid funny story about myself...I saw this, and wondered when/why the church had started using Greek symbols. And whatever could they mean?
I know...DUH. I should not be allowed to raise children, nor own and operate a car.
6. I met Kona-the-Wonder-Mutt. And of course I had to text pics back to my dog-loving children at home.
Kona's the perfect dog for my kids. She's somebody else's responsibility. They loved her.
7. Bloggy friends lunch...So nice to visit with Gretchen of the East, the Yarn Whisperer, and the Mother of Squishy Baby Girl (and 3 other sweet past-their-squishy-stage kiddos). And the food was to die for. I even had sweet tea, since I'm Southern and all, now. I happen to be the only one w/o a picture of that day, but I'm sure one of them will come by, read this, and feel appropriately guilted enough to send me one. Don't you hate it when folks have problems with passive-aggression? Seriously.
8. I heard "yes, ma'am."
9. I got to simply SEE things...like where LVCG goes to church. Where CPQ's boys go to school. Etc.
10. I stretched my palate, and ate lamb, falafel, and the best carrot cake ever. Well, the carrot cake wasn't a stretch. But the other two were, and they were delish.
Yes...I am blessed. Would lurve to have you join in, either in the comments or on your blog and tell me what gladifies you today.


11 comments:
I'm still just so superdeedoodahgladdiefied that you had such sweet NC moments to cherish.
I still think this whole bloggy world that we live in is so absurd. And so fascinatingly wonderful. Just gives me chills.
Sounds wonderful, Gretchen. I'm so glad you had a great visit with dear friends! I told LVCG that I'm going to invite myself soon. ;)
oh how I wish my words could encompass how excited I am that you got to experience all things southern...(well, minus me, of course).
i just keep going back to my time with Amb, irreplaceable. Nothing can compare to those memories..jammie time, sight seeing, etc. but there comes "goodbye".
Can't wait til it's our turn, Gretch!
Very awesome.
So glad you had a great time...
I'm with the rest these comments...I'm just so glad you had such gladinducing time with those lurvly ladies!
I don't know how I haven't ever made it over to visit your blog. Love it.
Glatituded today. :) I probably need an intro on how to do it right, but I participated nonetheless. Thanks!
Loved the Haiku.....almost missed it on the first read. Looks like you had a fab time. And you ARE beautiful Mrs. Gretchen!
Such a sweet and wonderful and tear inducing post...loved your visit.
What you failed to mention is not only did G think you are beautiful, but she has also been wearing her scarf, tied just like Tia Gretchen, nearly everyday since you left.
Can't wait to do it again!
I need some more guacamole. You can't get here before tomorrow night, but I think I could snag us another reservation :)
When friends we never knew become our family? Wow. It's just beautiful to see....even if I didn't get any guacamole.
This just makes me so excited about heaven I can barely stand it.
Post a Comment