Do you see this? Do you use one in your local marketplace?
This is a family friendly blog, wherein we don't like touse the word hate. But let me just tell you, I'm developing a white-hot, hive-producing dislike for automatic check out machines at the grocery stores. Why so glum, Gretch? Well, for one thing...I use them to avoid the long lines at the grocery store, especially when I only have a bunch of bananas, a gallon of milk, and 4 maple frosted cinnamon rolls. Sadly, though...said machines require staffing. Staffing which is also typically running to and from the other aforementioned l-o-n-g lines. The long lines which I was trying to avoid in the first place. I get twitchy when reasoning comes back full circle like this.
Ahem...Down off that horse. Don't tell me this is an object lesson in patience, friends. La-la-la-la-la. Breathing.
Remember when I told you all about this book (feeling all Chris Farley-esque from SNL)--and that I lurved it with most every fiber of my being?
Well, I just finished it's friend, below. Actually, they're siblings, not friends, because one story has nothing to do with the other except for similar writing from the same "parent". So, so, so veddy, veddy good.
I'm not gonna lie...It's deep. But so redemptive and good and just...sigh...written the way a good story should be told. Lurved. I think Charles Martin might be "third husband" material. Right after Big and Phil Mickelson. Yeah, he might be pushing Kyle Chandler to 4th. ;) I think I've hyperlinked it to Amazon, if you want to see a review.Onward. Kinda mad at myself/frustrated at all the appts we have this summer. I know that summer is technically the time when you can do these things. But I think it's my fantasy to stay home or go play on my schedule--not that of the orthodontist, physical therapist, or math tutor. Some of the appts are fun: guitar (kids), voice (me), but they're still appts. Don'tcha hate it (there's that unfriendly word) when you attempt to be purposeful and still feel a bit too busy? i do.
Thoroughly happy, thrilled, and excited that Big is in the air, on his way home. The plan is for him to come home and greet us, then take a nap. Then...off to celebrate 4th of July with some dear friends at the beach. Benedryl will be our friend as we try to ease his sleep pattern back into WA days and nights. Looking forward to:
- picking cherries and making pie(s) or crisps and having those with ice cream and summer breezes
- being "hot". We're actually going to be in the--look out--80s! Seems summer is coming prior to July 5th this year. Yay.
- terrific fireworks across the Sound, reflecting off the water
- having my hubby home, even if he is useless for 48 hours. He's MY useless. And I know he'll be happy to be in the midst of the hubbub. He's an introvert, but familiar friends/ family make him feel good. He doesn't have to say it. i can just tell.
- going to a Bible study with a friend tomorrow before seeing Big. Great to have my heart in the right place before starting the weekend.
Blessings on your 4th of July plans, and God bless America. Thank you military families and soldiers. I'm in debted to you for your sacrifice.
12 comments:
Now I'm missing Chris Farley. Hey! Remember when he...Yeah. That was AWESOME! Oh, never mind.
I'm excited for your weekend and that Big will be home!!!
Have fun sweetie, glad your dear hubby is coming home. I love you.
I LOVE the auto machines at the store! I feel like I am playing "grocery store".
I am with you on all the things crammed into summer. I always say that summer will be relaxing...but so far I have run the wheels off my proverbial wagon. It's such a balance...i don't want to be a sluggard and wile away my time, but I don't want to feel tired from pushing too hard either.
Oh, Moderation! How you elude me!
I put that first book on hold at the library, just waiting for it to come in...will have to put second one on hold too!
Happy Almost Friday!
You bought thinky deep books, and I just came back with beachy fluff. For it is summer and this is our last week of vacation before the boys head back to school on Tuesday.
We've scheduled most days, but not until late afternoon so most mornings are pajama days.
And your 4th sounds delightful, loopy husband notwithstanding.
I'm still reading on the book you sent me. Pretty good stuff!
Glad you get time with hubby!
Oh the madness that ensues in my brain with the automated checker.
Hooray for Big coming home!
And hooray for good books!
(those are on my list now...not that my podunky library will have them in the next century.)
I gave you an award. Thanks for making me smile with your posts!
Huge, cheesey grin right now! You always make me smile.
I love the automated teller IF I don't have anything complicated like a coupon. ;-)
Glad Big is on his way home and your weekend plans sound divine. Truly and absolutely divine.
My summer is going by way to quickly because I'm working. Haven't done that in a looooong time. Not sure I'm liking it! Won't say I "hate" it, though. :o)
Then again, I do wish it was August!
Phil Mickelson? Phil Michelson?!! That cracks me completely up.
The automated checkouts are kind of a joke. It doesn't strike me as "automated" when a "person" almost always has to come over to help it do it's job. I realize it's a wave of the future, but seriously folks, make sure these things work right before you install them all over creation.
Happy 4th - your plans sound like a lot of fun.
Your 4th plans sound great...glad Big is going to be there for them. Have a wonderful time!
I, too, share a great dislike of those machines. I have only tried them a few times because I was in a HURRY, and they delayed me even worse than if I'd been in line behind a couple of people.
Those books look good. I'm finally reading also. It's nice.
Oh, wait, I totally commented on the wrong post. Sorry. HATE those automatic checkers. I don't care if it's a non-christian term. I'm a newbie, so God'll understand.
Post a Comment